10 years ago from today Steve Jobs and Apple started a revolution that changed the music industry forever. Even Blackberry addicts have an iPod or has had one and if not oh well you were effected by it's creation.

10 years ago today, the original iPod changed music | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-23-11 05:27 PM
    10 years later, still kicking myself for not buying Apple stock when rumors of a miniature portable music thingamajig started surfacing.
    pilsbury likes this.
    10-23-11 07:53 PM
    10 years later, still kicking myself for not buying Apple stock when rumors of a miniature portable music thingamajig started surfacing.
    This

10 char
    10-23-11 08:04 PM
    Yep I wish I owned stock back then.
    10-23-11 08:16 PM
    I don't know about the iPod, but I'll give Steve Jobs a bunch of credit for marketing hard drive based mp3 players. I still remember the days when it was that, or the nomad jukebox. I got by okay on my creative branded devices for mp3 playback. I think he was the most ingenious marketer of our time; he was able to sell the idea of digital content through something like iTunes. Napster tried going subscription, and isn't the juggernaut it used to be when it had its cult following.
    10-23-11 08:17 PM

This will make you sick....

if you had invested the $5,000 you would have paid for a PowerBook G3 in 1997 in Apple shares you would have had a matured investment of a whoping $400,000. The same goes for the 5GB iPod released back in October 2001 for $399. If you had invested that amount in shares you�d now have $15,000 in your account.
    heres the rest of that story.
    How To Invest In Apple Instead of Buying Their ToysMain Device | Main Device
    10-23-11 09:13 PM
    10-24-11 11:19 AM
    At least your not Ron Wayne:

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_15214122
    10-24-11 11:26 AM
    Wow, didn't know that guy ever was a player, never saw his name mentioned in articles that I've read. I understand his reasoning for wanting out, and it certainly seems that his decision was the right one for him at the time. Still, can't help but feel sad for how it turned out for him.
    10-24-11 02:01 PM
    Poor guy. But if Steve jobs didn't sell his stock when he left apple the 1st time he would have been the 5th richest man when he died, but he died like 105 richest in the world
    10-25-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD