Sorry guys I know we are all tired of the iPhone to VZW threads but I'm not sure this one can be ignored. What do you think?

Report: 10 million CDMA iPhones on order � Boy Genius Report
    05-13-10 11:56 AM
    Keep in mind, this is only a rumor at this point. Verry interesting none the less.
    05-13-10 12:01 PM
    10 Million sounds like a good number to be shipped to China for their CDMA network.

If Verizon was getting the iPhone, they would have announced it by now. ATT's contract with Apple extends till 2012 anyway.
    05-13-10 12:06 PM
    10 Million sounds like a good number to be shipped to China for their CDMA network.

If Verizon was getting the iPhone, they would have announced it by now. ATT's contract with Apple extends till 2012 anyway.
    I agree with the China comment. But not necessarily with "they would have announced it by now". I think whenever the iPhone does go to VZW it won't be announce in advance. Apple likes the media spectacle and they would save something like that for a WWDC-type event. And as far as the contract, no one knows if it's still valid. I would think it is, but who know if it hasn't been changed or modified since then. We will have to see.
    05-13-10 12:13 PM
    Apple definitely wouldn't let Verizon say anything about the iPhone until the WWDC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 04:40 PM
    It would be nice to see the iPhone on Verizon but for now, it's Droid all the way. Maybe I'll upgrade to it if it's available around my annual upgrade next January.
    05-13-10 04:46 PM
    I'll quote what I put in the other thread as this doesn't necessarily mean Verizon is getting it.

Could always be all for China.

China's population is over 1.3 billion.

China's mobile population is over 300 million.
    05-13-10 05:45 PM
    10 million would be too much I think just for Verizon in a short period of time. Think there are like just over 8 Million out now on AT&T, and that's three generations worth. If all 10 million of one generation were to come to the US I think that would imply that sprint would get some. Anyway it doesn't matter cause WWDC is when any announcement would be made. All these rumors, analysts, etc are just blowing smoke right now and no one knows what's going to happen except for Apple, AT&T, and a carrier getting ready to get it. There is probably something in the NDA that prevents a provider from releasing any info or Apple would get some sort of penalty from them.
    Last edited by lnichols; 05-13-10 at 09:15 PM.
    05-13-10 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD