I see the prices for 2 year contracts, but is there any info how much the 16gb and 32gb models will be on a 1 year contract? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 12:08 PM
    I see the prices for 2 year contracts, but is there any info how much the 16gb and 32gb models will be on a 1 year contract? Thanks!

I did a price compare on the existing devices for 1 year vs. 2. They all appeared to be $70 more for one year. Worth it to me if that holds true for the iPhone, I'll be geting one on a 1 year contract if they offer it.

01-11-11 04:15 PM
    The only thing I find odd is they are now offering a phone that is now 8 months old. Come June IF Apple should release some sort of new model, will Verizon carry it? If so I may consider going back. I have never been satisfied with a smartphone the way I have been with the Iphone, probably because of the never ending onslaught of android devices. No but seriously it just works great for me.
    01-11-11 06:43 PM
    I did a price compare on the existing devices for 1 year vs. 2. They all appeared to be $70 more for one year. Worth it to me if that holds true for the iPhone, I'll be geting one on a 1 year contract if they offer it.

Good Info...thanks.

Regardless of the type of phone, I've never signed a 2-year cell phone contract. I don't like being so restricted when technology trends are blazingly fast.

To me, it's well worth the extra money to be free after only 12 months.

Who knows what Apple will do this summer in regards to new VZW iPhone customers. They may go the different carrier/release date route and Verizon may not get the "iPhone 5" or whatever they call it until next February.

They may release it cross-platform for both carriers at the same time. I'm sure that would **** off plenty of VZW customers with 6 month old phones locked into 2 year contracts.

If that is in fact the case, I'm not too worried because Apple products have great resale value, and I would wind up selling my 1st generation phone to subsidize the cost of the newer model.

The last question I have is, will current VZW customers who are out of contract get any other type of discount when purchasing a new iPhone? (regardless of 1 or 2 year agreement) The last two BlackBerry's I got from them, they offered me a nice discount when signing up for a new contract. I hope thats still the case with the iPhone.
    01-11-11 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD