Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z Theme - Customize your Z10

Z Theme - Customize your Z10-1.jpg

This is the latest app I've had accepted to BlackBerry World. It's called ZTheme, and it's the closest thing to theming you can get for the BlackBerry Z10.
    You can modify the background color and add shadows to your icons, create docks, place buttons behind the time and the buttons, and change the wallpaper. You can select a wallpaper from your filesystem, take one with the camera, or select one of the included wallpapers.
    You can also backup your settings so its easy to apply a new wallpaper.
    If you create a style you really like, you can send it to friends from the Photos folder.

As an example, here's how my Dev Alpha looked before I returned it:
    Z Theme - Customize your Z10-img_00000134.jpg

I have an update mostly built that adds a few more buttons, bbm integration, and fixes a bug with the camera invocation, but I need my Z10 to arrive so I can test it before I release it.
    If you have any questions or suggestions let me know!

Cost is $1.99
    BlackBerry World - Z Theme
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 03-25-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Alexander Tran (03-25-2013),  Azensun (03-25-2013),  goodcoffy (03-25-2013),  howarmat (03-30-2013),  Javid Gozalov (03-30-2013),  jaydee5799 (04-04-2013),  Mecca EL (04-30-2013),  mzceetee (04-02-2013),  sheeraz_aa (03-26-2013),  spencerdl (04-02-2013),  sushistew (03-25-2013),  tp2386 (03-28-2013) 
    ESCON, Wbrian, howarmat and 10 others like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,794 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Thank you!! So excited!
    Z10| AT&T
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (03-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Nice to see themes for Z10

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 2:
    chrisru (05-06-2013),  SCrid2000 (03-25-2013) 

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by goodcoffy View Post
    Nice to see themes for Z10

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly It's not near as good as theme builder is, but it's pretty good if I do say so myself.

SCrid2000,
    Does this have to run as an Active frame to effect the changes?
    Looks very cool. And, very unexpected. I didn't think we'd see even limited theming for BB 10.

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post
    SCrid2000,
    Does this have to run as an Active frame to effect the changes?
    Looks very cool. And, very unexpected. I didn't think we'd see even limited theming for BB 10.
    No. Just generate your theme, apply it, and close the app.
    If I add a battery percentage option it will have to stay open for that to work, but the theme is static and doesn't change once applied for now, and doesn't need the app to stay open.
    naviwilliams likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lol cost is 1.99 not $1...

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (03-25-2013) 

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by M--Canuck View Post
    Lol cost is 1.99 not $1...

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, typo.
    Anyone who posted before I changed that in the OP email your receipt to support at scrapps dot org and I'll send you $1 via Paypal lol.
    CrackBerry User

This app is awesome

I already purchased it and it's great

Now I can put some changes

And am sure this app will improve and will be even better in the next updates

Good lock developer

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (03-25-2013) 

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by UAETechs View Post
    This app is awesome

I already purchased it and it's great

Now I can put some changes

And am sure this app will improve and will be even better in the next updates

Good lock developer

Posted via CB10
    Glad you like it!
    If you have any suggestions, let me know and yes, I do plan to improve it; an update will be coming as soon as I get my Z10.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,073 Global Posts

Is this changing the wallpaper as I have the wallpaper changer HD as well and I don't want them to conflict?

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Wow, that's a pretty clever way around the lack of themes. Nice job!

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    Is this changing the wallpaper as I have the wallpaper changer HD as well and I don't want them to conflict?

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    Unfortunately this app and Shao's HD WallPaper Changer are not compatible, I need to talk with Shao about integrating our apps
    CrackBerry Abuser

Also please fix the image re size issue as wallpapers are not displaying properly. They get resized for some reason when choose.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Also please fix the image re size issue as wallpapers are not displaying properly. They get resized for some reason when choose.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Images are stretched to fit the 1280x768 screen size, which also matched the dimensions that the camera takes pictures at (although there is a bug in the current version that causes the camera to take pictures in landscape mode - this has been fixed and will be available soon). If this was not done, anything taken with the camera would be perhaps 4 times the size of the screen.
    Would you like me to look into a way to allow you to crop your image prior to including it as the wallpaper?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    Images are stretched to fit the 1280x768 screen size, which also matched the dimensions that the camera takes pictures at (although there is a bug in the current version that causes the camera to take pictures in landscape mode - this has been fixed and will be available soon). If this was not done, anything taken with the camera would be perhaps 4 times the size of the screen.
    Would you like me to look into a way to allow you to crop your image prior to including it as the wallpaper?
    Well I would love if there was a way to stop them from vertically stretching as it ruins all the pootermobile wallpapers that I assign.

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Well I would love if there was a way to stop them from vertically stretching as it ruins all the pootermobile wallpapers that I assign.
    Ok I see what you're saying. As an example, I'll use this Pootermobile Wallpaper:
    Z Theme - Customize your Z10-le_banner.png
    When it's stretched, it looks like this:
    Z Theme - Customize your Z10-stretch.png
    Unfortunately, if it's not stretched, it looks like this:
    Z Theme - Customize your Z10-nostratch.png

How does that wallpaper look if you just apply it with the Z10 so I know what the goal is? (My Z10 hasn't been shipped yet).
    The problem is getting a square image to look right on a tall and narrow rectangular screen.
    CrackBerry User

I hope in the next update you can add the ability to make a lock screen theme and home screen theme if it's possible to be done it will be so cool

And to add the ability to transparent the docks color if it's possible

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Ok I see what you're saying. As an example, I'll use this Pootermobile Wallpaper:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LE_Banner.png 
Views:	1990 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	144154
    When it's stretched, it looks like this:

Name:	stretch.png 
Views:	1985 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	144155
    Unfortunately, if it's not stretched, it looks like this:

Name:	nostratch.png 
Views:	1988 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	144156

How does that wallpaper look if you just apply it with the Z10 so I know what the goal is? (My Z10 hasn't been shipped yet).
    The problem is getting a square image to look right on a tall and narrow rectangular screen.
    With an image like that, your only option is to keep the aspect ratio when resizing. Granted, it wouldn't fit the whole screen, but it's the only way if you want the whole image to show on the wallpaper without stretching out. Maybe make that an option in the app?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah I mean I would rather have the wallpaper cut than have it vertically stretched and looking strange. To illustrate more the below screen shot is without running your app just assigned directly from the poorer mobile wallpaper app in the z10.
    Z Theme - Customize your Z10-img_00000124.png

While this one is assigned using your app....see the difference.
    Z Theme - Customize your Z10-img_00000125.png

Posted via CB10
    NinjaBread and dannyd86 like this.

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by UAETechs View Post
    I hope in the next update you can add the ability to make a lock screen theme and home screen theme if it's possible to be done it will be so cool

And to add the ability to transparent the docks color if it's possible

Posted via CB10
    I'll look into adding a device lock setting, but I don't think there's a WW API for it yet.
    Do you want the docks to appear transparent, or the included docks to have a transparency option? I guess I'll do both
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyTwoApps View Post
    With an image like that, your only option is to keep the aspect ratio when resizing. Granted, it wouldn't fit the whole screen, but it's the only way if you want the whole image to show on the wallpaper without stretching out. Maybe make that an option in the app?
    Ah, of course I can definitely include support for using square and rectangular images, thanks for the idea I can write the code tonight, although I won't be able to test it for a few days.

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Yeah I mean I would rather have the wallpaper cut than have it vertically stretched and looking strange. To illustrate more the below screen shot is without running your app just assigned directly from the poorer mobile wallpaper app in the z10.

While this one is assigned using your app....see the difference.

Posted via CB10
    OK, I've got two ways this can be done for a square image: center the image at 1280x1280, or shrink it to 768x768 and include a colored background (white or black as options probably). I'll include both in the update that I'll push out as soon as I get my Z10
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

OK, I've got two ways this can be done for a square image: center the image at 1280x1280, or shrink it to 768x768 and include a colored background (white or black as options probably). I'll include both in the update that I'll push out as soon as I get my Z10
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    This is assuming you're using a perfectly square image, which would have an aspect ratio of 1:1. I would recommend finding the aspect ratio of the original image, then set the width to 768, and the height to whatever the the height would be, with the original aspect ratio.

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by FortyTwoApps View Post
    This is assuming you're using a perfectly square image, which would have an aspect ratio of 1:1. I would recommend finding the aspect ratio of the original image, then set the width to 768, and the height to whatever the the height would be, with the original aspect ratio.
    Yes. I've just about got the code finished for that requires some mathematical calculations, but nothing too difficult.
    Not to drag things off topic, but I noticed your XBox app in BB World - very cool What language is that written in?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Thanks! It's QML/C++, with I think, 4 lines of JavaScript, because I was lazy.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast