"What's On?" v2.0 - Native Cascades! - Built for BlackBerry Approved!
Hey CB Members!
You may remember, or already have the original version, but now I'd like to present you with "What's On?" version 2.0 - a complete rewrite from the ground up in Native Cascades - and it has just been approved in BlackBerry World!
This native app allows you to stay up to date with the latest TV News, Track your favorite shows with the latest Listings, Schedules, built-in Calendar Reminders and more!
- The latest TV related news from TV Rage.
- Add your favorite shows for quick and easy access.
- Mark episodes as "watched" and track your progress for each saved series.
- A 7-day TV schedule with the ability to set Calendar Reminders from the schedule.
- Saved shows are automatically highlighted in the schedule.
- Choose the country for your schedule. Currently supported: US, CA, UK, AU.
- Detailed series information with show and episode summary's and air dates.
- Search the TV database.
- Active frame scrolls through the latest TV news items.
- Various keyboard shortcuts for QWERTY users.
- NEW Reminders section with deep calendar integration so you can manage your reminders without leaving the app!
*** Z10, Z30, Q10 and Q5 are all supported! *** Minimum OS 10.1
Plus I'm planning to add more features in future updates and feedback and feature requests are encouraged!!
NOTE: Only new episodes appear in the schedule, repeat episodes do not! - Canadian users should select the US schedule unless you only want to see Canadian specific programing.
BlackBerry World Link: BlackBerry World - What's On?
BlackBerry World QRCode:
A few Screenshots (more in BB World):
About App Permissions:
This application asks for BBM and Calendar permissions. It connects to BBM to allow you to invite others to download, and Calendar permissions are needed so you can set calendar reminders from the schedule.
Main site: Jason Oickle | Independent BlackBerry Developer
Facebook: What's On? Facebook Page
You can also reach me here on CrackBerry.
I hope you enjoy this app!
Last edited by skrewball; 11-11-2013 at 07:47 PM.
- 08-05-2013, 10:00 AM #2
This is looking very slick!!!
Nice job!I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
OS 10.2.1.2141 on VZW-HTTR forever
Need Sideloading Help? http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-z10-821005/
Need help using the CB10 App? http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...10-app-872463/
- 08-05-2013, 11:02 AM #6
First let me start off with WOW! I can't stop smiling because of how amazing the new update is! Honestly, I know I was already expecting it to be better when you first said a Cascade UI change was coming, but this blew my head.
The over quality of the app has gone leaps and bounds from what it was before. If I could I'd sing a Daft Punk song that comes to mind... lol
Also, I'm was so happy when I saw my recommendation making it to the app:
I'm very happy with the overall feel of the app now as its nowhere near what I actually expected it to be, for the better that is. Also, love the addition of the "Current Status" field on the "My Shows" section.
Now the only thing I'd like to ask or recommend is if it would be possible to add a show straight from the schedule screen instead of having to go into the quick info screen, seems like an unnecessary extra step.
Actually found another when I moved the post from the old thread to this one. I noticed that now you can keep track of the episodes you watched. If the APU allows, maybe a way to set a whole season as watched rather than have to go episode by episode?
Again, let me express my gratitude for this amazing app!
Posted from CB10
- 08-05-2013, 11:35 AM #7
Very nice update! Amazing job... really slick.
Here are a couple of suggestions I hope you can implement:
- On 'My Favorite Shows' page, under "status" (or configurable to be instead of "status"?), show how many episodes are not watched (only aired episodes counted) & next episode air date (next unwatched episode)
- On 'My Favorite Shows' page, a long press on the show name should bring an option to mark next episode watched
- Ability to have no reminder set for calendar entries
Keep up the great work!
I can add in the ability to add shows from the schedule, it would require a call out to the API to get all the info needed to add it though.
- 08-06-2013, 07:55 AM #15
.. And the schedule does indeed goes by what's on prime time, you won't see any "repeat" episodes in there cluttering up the schedule as well. The schedule comes from the TV Rage API so you can take a look at their site' weekly schedule to get a preview of what's in the app.
There is a search bug in the current version (126.96.36.199) that causes 0 results to be displayed when there should be one.
You'll noticed this bug when searching for specific shows that should be there like Elementary, Perception etc... nothing is found..
Anyway, I've uploaded a minor update to BlackBerry World that fixes this issue, hopefully it will be approved by Monday!
Thanks to everyone who brought this to my attention!
v188.8.131.52 is now available for download! This is just a minor update to fix the search bug.
- Fixed search bug that caused 0 results to be displayed when there should be one.
- Added "About" page.
- 08-21-2013, 04:01 PM #21
Go to the reminders tab and then long press the show you want to edit. You'll see this:
It will say no recurrence at first. Tap on it.
Choose weekly or whatever the time in between episodes is for the show you're watching and where it says ends, pic after '# of occurrences'.
Ideally one would do edit the recurrence starting from the first episode but you can change it based on how many episodes are left. This is where the 'My Shows' tab can come in handy thanks to its episode list and projected airing date. So, if a show has 12 episodes at a rate of one a week, you'll input 12. On this instance, there's 3 episodes left and there's been two episodes aired since I first made the reminder for a total of six.
Now you have a weekly reminder. Sure, it takes some work, but in the long run I think it's worth it xD
Posted via CB10
Anyway, I might be able to hack together a way for the app to get all the air dates for a show.. I will definitely look into it though.
Just wanted to let everyone know that a new update for What's On? is now available.
- Fixed loading issue.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
If you enjoy the app, don't forget to leave a glowing review!
PS. - Z30 support already exists!
- By theninjasquad in forum BB10 Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 58Last Post: 08-17-2013, 08:48 PM
- By rajarizal in forum BlackBerry Q5Replies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2013, 11:21 PM
- By Restrictive in forum BBM on AndroidReplies: 8Last Post: 08-06-2013, 08:55 AM