Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BuzzStarField
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What's Up for BB10

The excellent educational What's Up playbook app has made it's way across to OS10 and is available on the Z10 here is the BlackBerry World link BlackBerry World - What's up

The performance is smooth with almost instant gps lock, even indoors. This is the must have app for anyone interested in the night sky. What's more, for existing playbook users using the same BBID the installation is free on OS10. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this and thanks for treating your customers right.
    Thanked by:
    BuzzStarField (02-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Here are some release notes:

This new version is an incremental update to the PB app including some usability enhancements and tweaks to allow for the much higher pixel density of the new smartphone.

I have not have a lot of good luck testing on my Dev Alpha because the device has become unstable - The OS needs to be refreshed once or twice a day.. I have had to keep the changes to a minimum to ensure a successful launch. I expect some bumps in the implementation in the BB10 version and I would appreciate your feedback via the support email address.

I will be posting an update for the PlayBook in within a couple of weeks that reflect the usability features. My medium term goal is to synchronize future updates on the two platforms.

These are some of the things that I am working on and that will be in place on both platforms even before BB10 arrives on the PB:
    1. A more BB10-like look and feel compliant with the published guidelines.
    2. Viewing the sky map in both landscape and portrait mode.
    3. Prettier graphics, initially for display of the Milky Way
    4. Support for tracking comets
    5. Support for tracking satellites, starting with predictions for ISS passes
    6. A new engine that will triple the star-count and improve start-up performance.
    Show off PlayBook's magnetometer! Just point and see What's up.
    Visit What's up Sky Map on Facebook.
    Thanked by 2:
    BlackStormRising (02-17-2013),  mundo472 (02-19-2013) 
    djenkins6 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,056 Global Posts

Thanks. Just downloaded it. Nice to see this great playbook app on BB10.
    Thanked by:
    BuzzStarField (02-13-2013)