New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.
I'm pleased to announce a new release of native RSS Hub application. It iss feature-rich Native RSS News Reader with support for offline reading, in-app browser, feeds autodiscovery, subscribing to news based on keywords, backup/restore function, importing feeds from Feedly or other cloud services.
Provides both stunning Dark and Bright themes, LED notifications, integration with BlackBerry Hub notifications, support for media content, background updates, dynamic covers when minimized on home screen and much more.
No online accounts or registration is necessary!
Price is only 0.99$ and it is Built For Blackberry:
- Subscribe to your favourite RSS feeds. Just type in web site address and application will discover feeds automatically
- Add feed directly from the browser
- Import feeds from Feedly, Google Reader, Digg or other online RSS readers. Backup/restore function.
- Provides "Reader View" for offline reading of news articles and "Web View" for viewing articles and media content when online
- Custom LED notification colours, feed icons and much more
- Download feed content, images and articles for offline reading in background
- Subscribe to RSS feeds based on your search criteria
- When application is minimized on home screen dynamic cover will show images and titles of the latest news
- Fetch feeds in background
- Customize font sizes
- Organize your feeds into groups or mark as favourites
- Customize notifications for your subscriptions
- Support for favicons
- A lot of personalization settings to customize look-and-feel and behaviour of the application
- Use out-of-box RSS subscriptions
- Full support for Q10/Q5
- Share news
- And even more!
Check this out:
BlackBerry World - RSS Hub
Please see some screenshots below:
As a developer i would really appreciate any feedback
Last edited by z10developer; 09-26-2013 at 07:42 PM.
- 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM #4Saving the world, one OS at a time...
Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •
Curve 8330 → Tour 9630 → Bold 9700 → Torch 9800 → Bold 9900 → Z10 → Z30psst... ↓ Here's THANKS button ↓
- 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM #5
Just for clarification, with your application, is there no need to have an account with something like the former Google Reader? That is, RSS feeds can simply be entered into the app and don't require users to register for some other online reader to have the app work, e.g., Feeddler RSS Reader on iOS. If so, then that is phenomenal.The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
Yes,you are right you don't need any online accounts. It also provides some unique features like creating rss feed using your search criteria, but again no online account necessary.
Beside that it supports offline mode, custom notifications, background updates and more
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-11-2013, 05:39 PM #9
- 128 Posts
Hi z10developer... I downloaded your app even before I saw this post. Some quick observations:
- I have difficulty reading the rss summaries due to the grey text on white background (using Q10)
- When expanding a summary, it moves, so if you want to read it by tapping on it, it is somewhat inconvenient. The text should expand downward, not upward.
- The formatting of full articles could use some work - when I have trouble, I do open in the web browser, which is a good feature. It would be nice to be able to adjust font size here.
But overall it is a good effort - there is no ideal rss app for me yet for bb10, so I am grateful to add another contender.
Appreciate your feedback. Update for q10 is already submitted and just waiting for BlackBerry World approval. This update fixes q10 look and feel issues of the app: scrolling issues, presentation (bright theme is used for q10 so it will look like on z10).
Text rendering, font size and some other features are included in next release which will be rolled out this weekend, but it will take some time for BlackBerry to approve it.
I initially developed this app for myself as I really addicted to news, and I still have have a lot of features in my mind
Posted via CB10
- 07-15-2013, 02:46 PM #17
Is there a trick to adding RSS feeds? Or perhaps, I am being clueless, but when I go to add a new RSS feed, all I see is a blank screen, i.e., the feeds don't appear. For example, I am trying to add the following feed:
American Psychological Association News Feed
American Psychological Association Recent Press Releases
Harm Reduction Journal
Harm Reduction Journal - Latest Articles
And just a blank screen appears once I press the add button. For reference, I am on the most newest build of the app - I just updated it now. And using a Z-10, Rogers, with the latest official OS - not a leaked version.The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
I've verified links you provided. It doesn't work for me as well... Majority of feeds from news sites work fine.. in example http://feeds.sciencedaily.com/scienc...ain/psychology
But feeds from www.apa.org cause some issues.... I've already submitted another release which fixes those issues, so after BlackBerry World approval you will get an update that enables your feeds.
I'm really sorry for that. it is impossible to test application under all circumstances... but anyway if you can't wait for update I can reimburse money spent
Posted via CB10
My end goal is create the best RSS reader for BlackBerry 10
BlackBerry 10 platform is a great one, I'm looking forward for OS 10.2
Posted via CB10
- 07-15-2013, 06:03 PM #22The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
Currently you need to add http:// in front of feed url, but in release which fixes issues with your feed I would add it automatically if prefix is not present.
Appreciate your patience!
Posted via CB10
- By henry_hill_3 in forum PlayBook RootingReplies: 26Last Post: 10-05-2013, 06:19 PM
- By thorbon in forum BB10 Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 8Last Post: 07-11-2013, 09:57 PM
- By hockey1299 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 07-11-2013, 09:31 PM
- By jaylysf in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 33Last Post: 07-11-2013, 08:21 PM
- By BlackBerry4LifeVince in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 16Last Post: 07-11-2013, 07:19 PM