02-27-17 05:04 AM
153 ... 4567
tools
    Hey, I'm not saying it's over
    BB10 is still attractive for developers, as QtHelex nicely explained. It will just take me a couple of weeks to regain the interest and proceed.

As for Android, I have a couple of apps published there, but I plan to stick to my BB phone (and apps) as long as it works.
    11-13-15 02:51 PM
    Good news, everyone! This is not a usual update, but a big step for the project itself.

KeePassB is now open source.

https://github.com/anmipo/keepassb

The code is published under the permissive MIT license, as the "freedom" of the GPL feels a bit too restrictive to me. KeePassB is openly available for inspection, modification, improvements and pretty much anything else.

This is something I wanted to do for a long time, but was too concerned about loosing the sales. On the other hand, the ability to say "KeePassB is open source" to Enpass and Password Keeper diehards is just priceless, right?
    12-22-15 03:07 PM
    Great but... future improvements will go away?
    Support from developer will be stopped?
    12-22-15 11:23 PM
    Hey, that was not a "goodbye and thanks for all the fish" post

The thing is, I am quite happy with KeePassB as it is. There are a few feature requests, but they are rather specialized and I seem to be lacking the personal engagement required to implement them well. Open source gives this opportunity to the interested party.

Nothing else changes. The app is in BBW, I am still here, using KeePassB every day and replying to emails within 24 hours. So, save for tragic accidents, the support for KeePassB might actually outlive the BlackBerry 10 platform.
    12-23-15 05:18 AM
    @dev I don't see a way to 'edit' 'Extra' fields. Am I overlooking something?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 09:37 AM
    @dev I don't see a way to 'edit' 'Extra' fields. Am I overlooking something?
    Just long-tap the field, and the Edit Field action will be in the context menu.
    Dave XII likes this.
    12-24-15 10:42 AM
    Got it Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 02:04 PM
    Your github link gives me a 404 error. Help?

Congrats and thanks for going Open Source, too!

Good news, everyone! This is not a usual update, but a big step for the project itself.

KeePassB is now open source.

https://github.com/anmipo/keepassb

The code is published under the permissive MIT license, as the "freedom" of the GPL feels a bit too restrictive to me. KeePassB is openly available for inspection, modification, improvements and pretty much anything else.

This is something I wanted to do for a long time, but was too concerned about loosing the sales. On the other hand, the ability to say "KeePassB is open source" to Enpass and Password Keeper diehards is just priceless, right?

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    01-06-16 10:46 AM
    Hmm, the repository is public. I checked the link from different computers, browsers and networks, authenticated and not - it seems to work. This might help if you are using GitHub client app.
    Anybody else experiences this issue?
    01-06-16 03:09 PM

Congrats and thanks for going Open Source, too!

Might be a bug with CrackBerry(app), but just remove the " from the end of the url and it should work .

Via Pasta CB10
    01-06-16 06:57 PM
    I was using the CB10 app to read your post with the link (as I am now). I tried direct clicking and also "Open in" - both took me to the same 404 page. :-(
    Hmm, the repository is public. I checked the link from different computers, browsers and networks, authenticated and not - it seems to work. This might help if you are using GitHub client app.
    Anybody else experiences this issue?
    01-06-16 08:09 PM
    Thanks, that did the trick! The " isn't visible in the post link, and I had to slide to the end of the URL in the browser to see the %22 sitting there.
    All good now, thanks again!

Might be a bug with CrackBerry(app), but just remove the " from the end of the url and it should work .

Via Pasta CB10
    01-06-16 08:13 PM
    After factory resetting my Passport and putting KeePassB and my KeePass DB file back on it I get this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this one.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	401642Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160607_170808.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	401643

The same file is perfectly editable on Android using KeePass and also on my PC using KeePass.

Any ideas?
    06-07-16 04:22 PM
    Could it be that the DB file itself is read-only? (Check in File Manager - long-tap on the file - Properties - Permission).

Unfortunately, I am not sure how to change that. Total Commander has the functionality to change file permissions (file - Properties - rwx), but it does not work for me. If you happen to have Momentics installed, this can be done via the Target File System Navigator tab...
    06-08-16 01:56 AM
    Could it be that the DB file itself is read-only? (Check in File Manager - long-tap on the file - Properties - Permission).

Unfortunately, I am not sure how to change that. Total Commander has the functionality to change file permissions (file - Properties - rwx), but it does not work for me. If you happen to have Momentics installed, this can be done via the Target File System Navigator tab...
    Ah yes. You are right. It's read only. Thank you.

So there is no way to change it using just the phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 03:52 PM
    Generally speaking, permissions of a file can be changed either by its owner or the root account. The problem is, files copied by system's services might have the wrong owner. (For instance, files copied via Momentics are owned by 'devuser'). If, instead, the file is associated with your user account, then Total Commander should be able to change the permissions. The root option is (un)fortunately not available in BB10...

If you are familiar with the command line, you can also try to play with chmod in a terminal (for example, Term48).

An easier workaround could be to make a copy of the file and open it instead. The copy then belongs to your user account and also seems to become writable.
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-08-16 04:22 PM
    Generally speaking, permissions of a file can be changed either by its owner or the root account. The problem is, files copied by system's services might have the wrong owner. (For instance, files copied via Momentics are owned by 'devuser'). If, instead, the file is associated with your user account, then Total Commander should be able to change the permissions. The root option is (un)fortunately not available in BB10...

If you are familiar with the command line, you can also try to play with chmod in a terminal (for example, Term48).

An easier workaround could be to make a copy of the file and open it instead. The copy then belongs to your user account and also seems to become writable.
    Thanks. Making a copy within the same folder worked.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-08-16 10:45 PM
    Thanks. Making a copy within the same folder worked.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to see you got this sorted out. The dev for this app is awesome with his help.
    southlander likes this.
    06-08-16 11:08 PM
    Glad to see you got this sorted out. The dev for this app is awesome with his help.
    Yep. I have two phones. Prefer KeePassB on the Passport to using KeePass on my Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 10:40 AM
    Hi Dev, I just want to say thanks for making this excellent app. The full, cascades interface is pleasant to use.
    01-17-17 09:44 AM
    Picked up the app just yesterday as a first step into Password Managers.

I would guess sales will continue into the future with this sort of app as BB10 users start to clue in with the general public that this sort of app is required in today's internet-scape.
    02-26-17 12:46 PM
    Picked up the app just yesterday as a first step into Password Managers.

I would guess sales will continue into the future with this sort of app as BB10 users start to clue in with the general public that this sort of app is required in today's internet-scape.
    It's a good app. I have used it for a number of years now and it is cross-platform so works to save passwords on all devices. There probably will be very little (if any updates) on BB10 but I am satisfied with it as is for now.
    02-26-17 12:52 PM
    I had a challenge opening the app with a key file on one cloud service and the database on another.

Need to try again...
    02-26-17 12:55 PM
    I had a challenge opening the app with a key file on one cloud service and the database on another.

Need to try again...
    I think there was a poster who also had this problem, but the dev helped him out. If you do a search for Keepass in BB10 app forums you can find the thread. The dev was VERY helpful and active, answering pretty much all questions, but that was some time ago. You can send him an email (via the app) if you can't fix your problem. Hopefully he is still responding.
    02-26-17 01:01 PM
    OK, cool! Thanks for taking the time to give me the heads up.
    02-26-17 01:22 PM
153 ... 4567