KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10
KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass password manager for BlackBerry 10
KeePassB 2 is a native BlackBerry 10 implementation of the KeePass password manager, which is available for all other major platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, legacy BlackBerry, Android, iOS, Windows Phone).
- Read KeePass v1 (.kdb) files (beta)
- Read KeePass v2 (.kdbx) files (including custom entry fields, file attachments and history of entry changes)
- Easy copy/paste of all fields
- Quick unlock function
- Easy and fast search
- Flexible settings
- Active frame cover
- Automatic database lock on timeout
- BlackBerry Work Drives support
- Integration with Dropbox, Box and other system-wide services
- Native BlackBerry 10 interface
- More features coming...
- Saving databases is not supported yet.
Despite the similar name, KeePassB 2 is much more than "just an update" of the first KeePassB (an Android port).
KeePassB 2 is a native Built for BlackBerry application developed from the ground up.
Both applications are being supported by the developer.
BlackBerry World >> KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass password manager for BlackBerry 10
Price: $2.99 / €2.69
Please share your feedback / bug reports / feature requests.
Last edited by anmipo; 09-05-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Currently I am estimating the amount of work required for the editing functionality. Will probably implement, but cannot promise any specific timelines yet.
As for the FTP/WebDAV/Google Drive/One Drive/etc, there are two concerns. Firstly, an more importantly, these would require the app to ask for an internet access permission -- and personally I would be very suspicious to a password manager which needs internet access... Secondly, implementing these will probably take more time than the main functionality.
So for now I plan to focus on locally stored files, and delegate synchronization to the system or a third-party app.
- 08-06-2014, 09:21 AM #10
Thanks for doing this. I love the look and feel of native apps vs ports!
I'm gonna go buy it now. :-) You'll get the editing done eventually.
Posted via CB10
- 08-06-2014, 12:03 PM #11
Holy cow! This app is FAST. It's the fastest loading app on my device. I'm so glad I decided to purchase it.
I realize I sound like a salesperson here, but it really is ready to go as soon as I click the icon. I'm happy.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Master
08-07-2014, 03:52 AM #12
- 1,298 Posts
Please add support for v1 kdb. KeePassX 2 for *nix has remained in alpha for over two years and will likely remain in alpha for the foreseeable future. As such, it is not suitable for production use. Hence, KeePassX with support for v1 kdb is the only viable solution. Adding support for v1 kbd would allow *nix users to employ the use of your app (I know of no one who has installed Mono just to use KeePass).
Also, is KeePassB 2 able to obtain paths from the Work perimeter for those on BES10?黑莓手机第一
- 08-07-2014, 04:21 AM #13
- 08-08-2014, 09:48 AM #18
I am so happy to finally see a native KeePass app in App World!
That said, I am a user of version 1.XX databases. When this feature is implemented into KeePassB 2 I will have 0 hesitation in buying it. Keep up all the great work! It looks like a wonderful app already.BB-Z10/STL100-3 Black/RFF91LW/Software Release 10.2.1.2977/OS 10.2.1.3247/SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10/Unlocked
- 08-08-2014, 01:30 PM #21BB-Z10/STL100-3 Black/RFF91LW/Software Release 10.2.1.2977/OS 10.2.1.3247/SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10/Unlocked
- 08-08-2014, 01:34 PM #22
Similarly KPD has been broken since the 10.2.1 update and also requires way too many permissions for my liking.
Posted via CB10BB-Z10/STL100-3 Black/RFF91LW/Software Release 10.2.1.2977/OS 10.2.1.3247/SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10/Unlocked
- CrackBerry Abuser
08-10-2014, 10:06 PM #24
- 390 Posts
Wow Andrei, great app!
I have been a happy KeePassB user for a long time but nothing beats native! Gladly paid for it and works really well, very fast indeed.
I'll keep both on my phone until this one can edit files and comes out of BETA...
Posted via CB10
- By TheQuietRioter in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-12-2014, 08:30 PM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2014, 09:46 AM
- By Bucks Cr3ation in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:42 PM
- By Q10Nutter in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 08-06-2014, 03:28 PM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2014, 08:05 AM