01-18-17 12:16 AM
32 12
tools
    Hi dear BB10 owners,
    Presenting the only real "Car Dash Camera" native application for BB10 hes been delivered to BBWorld recently.
    All the BB10 devices have good hardware configuration and ready to become an excellent blackbox for road accident.
    Implemented cyclic recording, important files locking, G-Sensor and embedded SMS service will protect your rights and send survival message in case of road accidents automatically.
    You are free to use this features outside of the car in demand as well.

FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20151208_090800.png

Here is the description of it:
    FullHD Car dash camera, blackbox for road accident.

CarCam application works as a car blackbox, dash cam or auto DVR, continuously capturing videos during your driving or journeys.
    Application able to capture the road by rear camera or passengers inside the car by front camera.
    The video evidence can be invaluable in case of accidents, insurance fraud, police abuse, protection from crash-for-cash scams and differences of opinion with other drivers.
    G-Sensor feature can detect a crash and prevent the currently capturing video file from erasure. The same time it can send survival-SMS message with location data to predefined number automatically if related option is On.
    Application is able to continue recording in background while answering the call or other applications are running at foreground.

CarCam application allows continuous video recording, with user-defined length and video quality. Cyclic recording allows persistent video monitoring for the last 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc. Your BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 32 GB SD card will become a car blackbox with more than 8 hours video evidence.
    Location service provides speed and geolocation and attaches that information to video clip.
    Application able to continue recording in background while answering the call or other applications are running at foreground.

On-screen buttons allow quickly lock current recording video file to prevent it from cyclic deleting. Later on it can be exported and be presented as a evidence or interesting video clip. Also, you can quickly mute microphone in case of private conversation.
    Quick acces to embedded SMS Service allows to send SOS message with location data to predefined number in case of stealing or alert.

Key features
    Camera Tab:
    - Front or rear camera recording
    - Video file locking
    - Speed monitoring on screen
    - Speed limit alert (speed is highlighted by red color, no beep)
    - Longitude and latitude monitoring on screen
    - Microphone muting
    - SMS sending

Video Files Tab:
    - Video files list
    - Lock, unlock, export video files to camera roll
    - Play video file with speed, longitude and latitude monitoring (no map support in this release)

Settings Tab:
    - Video quality:
    1920x1080 Full HD
    1280x720 HD
    848x480 WVGA
    - Cyclic video file slots: 3-30
    - Video clip length: 1-10 minutes per file
    - Continuous video recording on device or SD card
    - Storage space estimation hints
    - Mph or km/h metric system
    - Speed limit (red color alert)
    - Location service can be disabled to reduce power consumption

- G-Sensor [40-70 levels]
    - Auto SMS sending on G-Sensor event
    - Auto file locking on G-Sensor event
    - Pending SMS and file-lock actions

- SMS Service
    - Predefined recipient of survival/alert-SMS
    - Location and G-Sensor(shake) level to SMS body

Please, use Car Mount Holder for better picture quality.
    The application sets the camera focus to the tested level for the best road picture quality.
    =================

Price to make your device a blackbox: 2.99$
    Link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/59986974/
    Attached Thumbnails FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20151201_102549.jpg   FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20151214_011506.jpg   FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160209_084853.png   FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160208_214500.png   FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160208_213724.png  

FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160208_213748.png   FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160208_214007.png   FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20151218_193335.png   FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20151218_193350.png  
    rbtg, jafobabe, BigBadWulf and 1 others like this.
    02-13-16 04:25 AM
    Sounds like a very full-featured app. Good luck with the app and thanks for supporting BB10 devices.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-13-16 10:21 AM
    Good app. I love this.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport on newest OS 10.3.2
    jafobabe and karuf like this.
    02-13-16 10:38 AM
    Thanks Dev for supporting BB10!! I just purchased and will check this out. So cool to be able to utilize our main or extra BB10 phone, for such a useful app.
    karuf and FF22 like this.
    02-13-16 12:54 PM
    As I mentioned above, almost all the BB10 devices have excellent hardware configuration and good to serve as useful gadgets at home, in a car, etc.
    So, do not think about getting rid of old ones and just try to find the second life for them.
    BB10 forever!
    FF22, BigBadWulf and Q10Bold like this.
    02-13-16 02:20 PM
    There is new UPDATE for CarCam application, version 1.1.0.5.

In new release:
    - Added "Video bitrate" control. Now there is ability to choose optimized or high bitrates for each video resolution. "High bitrate" provides maximum 16mbs bitrate for FullHD, 7.5mbs for HD and 4mbs for WVGA which are equivalent to quality the native camera application provides. Please note that this option requires more space than the optimised option.
    - Also has been fixed camera launching issue some customers had on application start.
    02-23-16 01:00 PM
    I do have a question for the users: if you use this app on a passport silver will it get hot? If yes after how much time?
    Thank you very much.
    02-24-16 03:09 AM
    wow ... this looks like a really good app. Does it come with the dash mount? haha, only kidding.
    02-24-16 11:40 AM
    I do have a question for the users: if you use this app on a passport silver will it get hot? If yes after how much time?
    Thank you very much.
    Must be the same as the native camera app.
    Passport owners please confirm, reply on this.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 02:48 PM
    Hi,
    I've just bought your app and really like it so far. There is just one thing that annoys me. I'm using passport rotated by 90 degree in my car. In that case the video changes to portrait mode which is not really nice to watch later on. Is it possible for you to change that behaviour so the vide shooting stays always in landscape? Please see the picture.
    FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160226_174356.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 11:59 AM
    Hi,
    ... Is it possible for you to change that behaviour so the vide shooting stays always in landscape?
    Posted via CB10
    @art ur, thank you for using this app!
    This is implemented general behavior which is intended to allow the both landscape and portrait video you may need to capture. It means I will not exclude the portrait mode as other users may need it.
    Anyway, thank you for this feedback. I will try to add some extra "L/P" button in next coming versions to make the app more flexible for you and whoever may need it.
    02-27-16 02:50 AM
    I thought that I would just let you know that even though I have no way currently to use this in my car I thought that this was an excellent idea and went ahead and purchased it. I try to support our Blackberry app developers when I can.
    Hopefully I'll get a car dock for my Passport in the near future, until I do I wish you all the success.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-27-16 11:37 AM
    This is implemented general behavior which is intended to allow the both landscape and portrait video you may need to capture. It means I will not exclude the portrait mode as other users may need it.
    Anyway, thank you for this feedback. I will try to add some extra "L/P" button in next coming versions to make the app more flexible for you and whoever may need it.
    That would be great. I'll love the update and a choice to change the video mode. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 12:44 PM
    @Smokeaire, good stuff
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-27-16 03:04 PM
    Hi,
    Any news on a possible update?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 02:52 AM
    @art ur,
    It will be a minor update in mid-March (W12). I'm planning to add the promised L/P option to that release as well.
    03-06-16 01:29 PM
    New 1.2.0.6 release is under review already.
    - It includes very useful screen auto-off new feature to save battery consumption during the long driving.
    - Minor bug fixing in SMS feature.
    Please, watch closely to available updates to get more features..
    03-19-16 05:55 PM
    OK, the 1.2.0.6 version is available in BBW already.
    Use the new "Screen Auto-Off" option to save battery consumption which is vital for long driving.
    There is ability to set auto-off interval from 10 to 180 seconds.
    Important: Functional controls will be available on screen after the screen off. They occupy less than 10% of the screen and need to take control of processes.
    See screenshots.
    FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160321_110810.png
    FullHD Car Dash Camera, BLACKBOX for road accidents. (Protect your right and be safe from lost)-img_20160321_105637.png
    03-21-16 02:24 AM
    Simply great! Very useful! I hope, the development will be continue! The visuals do what they need to do, but could be a bit freshened up. Perhaps you could concentrate on them... :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:41 AM
    Hi, Purchased and installed yesterday. Features look great! As others pointed out, typical use case for us Passport users is landscape. Either way, the angle of view on Passport is constrained to, what, maybe 30 degrees? Basically just what is directly in front. Isn't there some way to expand the field of view, even if the image overall is smaller? Seems like the Passport should have the resolution to accommodate...

Thanks
    ________

Use the new "Screen Auto-Off" option to save battery consumption which is vital for long driving.
    Important: Functional controls will be available on screen after the screen off. They occupy less than 10% of the screen and need to take control of processes.
    See screenshots.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160321_110810.png 
Views:	689 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	394816

Name:	IMG_20160321_105637.png 
Views:	698 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	394817
    07-03-16 12:47 AM
    Hi, Purchased and installed yesterday. Features look great! As others pointed out, typical use case for us Passport users is landscape. Either way, the angle of view on Passport is constrained to, what, maybe 30 degrees? Basically just what is directly in front. Isn't there some way to expand the field of view, even if the image overall is smaller? Seems like the Passport should have the resolution to accommodate...
    Unfortunately there is no way to make the original camera lens more wide as you want programmatically as it is physical spec.
    As a solution I would suggest trying accessories like to "Wide angle lens for BlackBerry" aka Fisheye.

Thanks for using BB and this app.
    07-12-16 05:40 PM
    I purchased this yesterday I like it a lot. What is the file count setting? Mine is currently set to 10?

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    Attachment 406632
    08-16-16 06:41 PM
    File count property sets video clips count in cyclic recording chain. File count = 10 means your application will keep not more then 10 files on device(or external card). Every new clip will overwrite the oldest one. Thus the cyclic recording technique prevents space loading and always provides only last video clips.
    For example:
    File count = 10
    File duration = 3
    This means you always have last 30 minutes of records.
    Also, you may lock some important files to prevent those from removing during the cyclic recording, even if they become old in a chain.
    08-22-16 03:05 AM
    See screenshots.

Name:	IMG_20160321_110810.png 
Views:	689 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	394816

Name:	IMG_20160321_105637.png 
Views:	698 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	394817
    Thats great.
    Is it possible that you put a battery indicator when the screen is off?
    Even when its ON the battery icon should be visible if its not connected via USB.
    Will start using it on my Z30.
    Thanks
    08-22-16 04:17 AM
    Is it possible that you put a battery indicator when the screen is off?
    Even when its ON the battery icon should be visible if its not connected via USB.
    Thanks
    Good request!
    Will be one of coming features in next release..
    08-22-16 08:27 AM
32 12