Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By jetstreamblue
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bible Apps for BB10

For those of you who like my e-Mmanuel Bible Reader for PlayBook, I'm happy to announce that I've now completed releasing my new collection of BB10 bible apps:

e-Mmanuel Bible Reader for BlackBerry 10 - A complete bible reading app with multiple offline translations (no need for Internet connection once downloaded), notes, prayer logs, and many user customization options (free for download, includes a paid upgrade to unlock more features)

Bible Apps for BB10-img_00000016.jpg

e-Mmanuel Audio Bible for BlackBerry 10 - Listen to one of six bible versions on the go (KJV, WEB, Spanish, Tamil, Cantonese, and Mandarin). Audio files can be downloaded and saved your device to allow listening without an active Internet connection (free for download)

Bible Apps for BB10-img_00000022.jpg

Bible Reading Plans - Follow one of the built in reading plans or create/edit your own. You can also export your own reading plans for use with e-Mmanuel Bible Reader (free for download)

Bible Apps for BB10-img_00000017_small.jpg

As always, please see my FaceBook page for the latest news and updates on e-Mmanuel bible apps!
    Last edited by jetstreamblue; 02-14-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Added links and screen shots
    ~ Spare Time App Developer ~
    (My PlayBook Apps: e-Mmanuel+ Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, Business Analysis Toolbox, RiskASSIST, StakeholdersASSIST)
    See e-Mmanuel+ FaceBook Page for latest app news!
    Thanked by 2:
    Denise in Los Angeles (04-29-2013),  NaijaBerry (05-10-2013) 
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,860 Global Posts

Default Re: Bible Apps for BB10

Well done!
    Thanked by:
    jetstreamblue (02-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

I have it on both PB and Z10...a really powerful little Bible App...local downloaded versions of multiple bible translations, you can have 2 translations running for a side by side comparison, color highlighting, user notes, commentary in line with your reading, font type/size selection, background selection, multiple tabs for easy switch between different passages...very feature rich!
    Thanked by:
    jetstreamblue (02-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

you can download One Bible.. its pretty good! it's Native so it has the flow gestures. as well as an endless amount of translations. it's very good in my opinion and much better then the youversion port of their bible..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

I thought it will be helpful to put the links for your apps (in Blackberry World) here:
    BlackBerry World - e-Mmanuel Bible Reader for BlackBerry10
    BlackBerry World - e-Mmanuel Bible Reader for BlackBerry10
    BlackBerry World - Bible Readings Plans

Its very nice looking and impressive native app. I think it will be great if you add some screenshots also here.
    Thanked by:
    jetstreamblue (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

here is the link for OneBible.
    BlackBerry World - OneBible

here is a screen shot:
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

whoops sorry! i thought this was someone asking for a Bible app.. didn't realise it was for an app you developed!

my apologies!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_6 View Post
    whoops sorry! i thought this was someone asking for a Bible app.. didn't realise it was for an app you developed!

my apologies!
    No problem! It's good that there are choices for those looking for a bible app on BB10.
    FYI... My apps are also designed specifically for BB10 and follow BB10 UI guidelines including flow gestures
    ~ Spare Time App Developer ~
    (My PlayBook Apps: e-Mmanuel+ Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, Business Analysis Toolbox, RiskASSIST, StakeholdersASSIST)
    See e-Mmanuel+ FaceBook Page for latest app news!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    PIN
    28ECE16D

Excellent work. I have the PB version and am looking forward to this one as well. My wife called me to tell me my Z10 arrived today (woohoo!!) so this will be one of the first apps I install.
    Richard
    BlackBerry PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154 / 64 GB PlayBook / iPad Mini Retina
    Thanked by:
    jetstreamblue (02-16-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25BEAAE3

One thing I dont like about Blackberry World vs Apple Store is that purchases in Apple Store are good for any device with the same apple id... purchases in Blackberry World depend on the vendor

I own the PB version of this, but can not justify buying again it for the Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Bible Apps for BB10

Quote Originally Posted by regnaston View Post
    One thing I dont like about Blackberry World vs Apple Store is that purchases in Apple Store are good for any device with the same apple id... purchases in Blackberry World depend on the vendor

Until the PLAYBOOK and Z10 run the same OS you can absolutely justify buying it again.

The PLAYBOOK runs 2.1 whereas the Z10 is running 10.0

These are different OS's so developers have to build two different apps. Its not like the developer took the PLAYBOOK version they built and just made it available for BB10. They obviously had to do quite a bit of coding and therefore should be compensated.

Until BlackBerry release os10 for PLAYBOOK this will be the issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25BEAAE3

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Until the PLAYBOOK and Z10 run the same OS you can absolutely justify buying it again.

These are different OS's so developers have to build two different apps. Its not like the developer took the PLAYBOOK version they built and just made it available for BB10. They obviously had to do quite a bit of coding and therefore should be compensated.

I would hope that upgrading to BB10 on the PB will not screw up any purchased apps
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask and you shall recieve

This is awesome and was one of the first apps I downloaded on my Z10. I was so happy to see it in BlackBerry world and I use it everyday, both on my playbook and Z10. Thank you!
    Thanked by:
    jetstreamblue (02-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post

Well, actually, BlackBerry emailed me in the fall to let me know that they were just going to make my PlayBook apps available on BlackBerry 10. I think it depends on how it was built.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

Even now it works for the apps across Playbook, Z10 and even the older devices as long as you are using the same Blackberry ID and App listing is same by developer with same name of the App.
    But if the developer choses to list the app with different name for different device then you will have to buy it again.
    It works exactly the same on Apple devices also. Many iPhone games cost more and need to be bought again on iPad (if developer has released them separately).
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Awesome best bible app out there!!
    Death may be the King of terrors... but Jesus is the King of kings!
    Dwight L. Moody
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

I own it on the PB, I've looked for it on Google Play for my SGS3, its not there, I would buy it again and again on all my devices, no other bible app offers you so much for so little. I have another bible app on my SGS3 and If I was to get the same versions as I have on e-Mmanuel bible app, it would set me back close to $50 or more as some of the translations cost as much as $10 each!
    Death may be the King of terrors... but Jesus is the King of kings!
    Dwight L. Moody