Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Elite1
  • 1 Post By greatwiseone
  • 2 Post By pfluger
  • 1 Post By InvalidUser0510
  • 1 Post By pfluger
  • 1 Post By twstd.reality
  1. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    14,627 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,774 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    Thread AuthorThread Author #1

    Cool BeWeather 10 (FREE VERSION!) now in BlackBerry World

    Hi all, the free version of Bellshare's popular BeWeather 10 is now available in BB World!

    The Pro version came out a while ago, so now's your chance to take it for a free test drive before committing $4.99.
    Just downloaded myself, so don't know the differences between free & Pro versions quite yet.

    Download BeWeather 10 (free) from BlackBerry World

    FEATURES:
    - Weather data provided by Weather Underground, includes 7 day and 24 hour forecasts
    - Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    - Instant weather advisory notifications via PUSH technology (US only)
    - Automatically tracks your location via GPS/cell and always delivers the weather data where you are at
    - Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    - Select one of many custom iconsets for your weather forecast. Comes with 150+ FREE iconsets!
    - Beautiful homescreen active frame showing current conditions for any number of locations
    - Fully native BlackBerry 10 Cascades application



    Discuss BeWeather 10 Pro in the Forums
    Download BeWeather Pro from BlackBerry World
    Last edited by elite1; 02-26-13 at 01:09 AM.
  2. greatwiseone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,977 Posts
    #2

    Default

    Awesome. Downloaded it and looks great!
    Elite1 likes this.
  3. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Editor in Chief

    Posts
    19,462 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,875 Global Posts
    #3

    Default

    I'm guessing it just the ads.. but again, just a guess lol.
  4. pfluger's Avatar
    Developer - Bellshare

    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    #4

    Default

    Here is the differences between the free and the Pro:

    Pro Version:
    - No ads
    - Support for selecting a nearby weather station
    - Weather maps (radar, satellite)
    - Not limited to only 3 locations

    We will amend the app descriptions on BlackBerry World to make it clearer.
    lotuslanderz and Elite1 like this.
  5. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    14,627 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,774 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    Thread AuthorThread Author #5

    Default

    @pfluger: Thanks for clarifying!

    Posted via CB10
  6. KemKev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,619 Global Posts
    #6

    Default

    I presume it has to be left running; i.e. active frame?
  7. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,481 Posts
    #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KemKev View Post
    I presume it has to be left running; i.e. active frame?
    if it's like other versions it runs in background without being open & updates as often as you set it for,,, mine's very hr...
  8. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    14,627 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,774 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    Thread AuthorThread Author #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KemKev View Post
    I presume it has to be left running; i.e. active frame?
    It has to be left running if you want to see its active frame (obviously).

    What specifically were you trying to determine?

    Posted via CB10
  9. pfluger's Avatar
    Developer - Bellshare

    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    #9

    Default

    It obviously has to be left open for the active frame to show and update.

    It doesn't have to be open for weather alerts though. Even when BeWeather is closed you will receive instant notifications for weather alerts.
  10. habs_fan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,425 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,438 Global Posts
    PIN
    2C177D63
    #10

    Default

    Does the weather alerts and radar (for full version) work for Canadians?

    Posted via CB10
  11. #11

    Default

    Radar works in Canada (on the full version, not sure about free, I would assume that it does though). I used it there when I got my Z10. Not sure about notifications though.
    habs_fan likes this.
  12. twstd.reality's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,250 Posts
    #12

    Default Re: BeWeather 10 (FREE VERSION!) now in BlackBerry World

    anyone else notice the gps is always on when this app is running? is it just me or wouldn't this drain the battery more? the icon disappears when I close the app.
  13. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    14,627 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,774 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    Thread AuthorThread Author #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twstd.reality View Post
    anyone else notice the gps is always on when this app is running? is it just me or wouldn't this drain the battery more? the icon disappears when I close the app.
    It's not just this app, it's any app that uses GPS. Today I checked into Foursquare and sure enough once I closed it the GPS notifier was still there.

    Posted via CB10
  14. pfluger's Avatar
    Developer - Bellshare

    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twstd.reality View Post
    anyone else notice the gps is always on when this app is running? is it just me or wouldn't this drain the battery more? the icon disappears when I close the app.
    I tried to replicate this, but for me the icon disappears approximately 30 seconds after updating the locations even if BeWeather remains open as an active frame.

    UPDATE: I first ran the test with BeWeather Pro and the icon disappears after 30 seconds, but when I tried using the free version, the icon stays there as long as BeWeather is open. It seems like this has to do with the BlackBerry ad service. Unfortunately we do not have any control over it.
    twstd.reality likes this.
  15. twstd.reality's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,250 Posts
    #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    It's not just this app, it's any app that uses GPS. Today I checked into Foursquare and sure enough once I closed it the GPS notifier was still there.

    Posted via CB10
    I just tried this with foursquare and I don't see the same thing. When the app is in the foreground the GPS is there, but minimized or closed it disappears.

    Posted via CB10
  16. twstd.reality's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,250 Posts
    #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    I tried to replicate this, but for me the icon disappears approximately 30 seconds after updating the locations even if BeWeather remains open as an active frame.

    UPDATE: I first ran the test with BeWeather Pro and the icon disappears after 30 seconds, but when I tried using the free version, the icon stays there as long as BeWeather is open. It seems like this has to do with the BlackBerry ad service. Unfortunately we do not have any control over it.
    Thanks. I was thinking about picking up the pro, but the GPS being continually on was stopping me. Good to know it works properly in the pro version.

    Posted via CB10
    Rider Prider likes this.
  17. Spawn12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,048 Posts
    #17

    Default

    Bought the pro version of this app the other day and i like it but is there any chance of a future update that will allow you to have the weather etc on the homescreen ie on my 9900 i could put the weather icon and temp in a corner of my homescreen and it would update every hr or whatever interval i had it set to.

    So just wondering if this will also be possible with the BB10 version or not??
  18. BlackBerry Guy's Avatar
    Former Moderator

    Posts
    3,456 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,156 Global Posts
    #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn12 View Post
    Bought the pro version of this app the other day and i like it but is there any chance of a future update that will allow you to have the weather etc on the homescreen ie on my 9900 i could put the weather icon and temp in a corner of my homescreen and it would update every hr or whatever interval i had it set to.

    So just wondering if this will also be possible with the BB10 version or not??
    I think that's what the intention of the active frame is.

Similar Threads

  1. The Last Weather App now in BlackBerry World. Free!
    By TheMarco in forum BlackBerry 10 Apps
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-25-14, 07:44 AM
  2. "SurfaceDJ" released now in Blackberry World (Lite version - FREE)
    By cjterminator in forum App Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-13, 02:24 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-13, 10:03 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-13, 11:45 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-13, 07:01 AM

Posting Permissions