Auto Block [headless]: Automatically block and delete spam SMS/email messages
Tired of spammers irritating you with their advertisements and scams via SMS and email? Is there some crazy ex-partner that is constantly bugging you and you want to completely cut out of your life? Wish there was a way to automatically filter them out of your inbox without it affecting the conversations that actually matter in your life?
Auto Block is the answer! This app will let you select which messages you consider to be spam, and tag them as such. The app will then begin monitoring your SMS and email inbox for any of the senders you marked to be spam and automatically delete them! You will not hear any notifications or see a blinking LED to disrupt your attention. Anyone who is on your contact list will not be affected, and their messages are never going to be inspected.
To deal with spammers who constantly change their numbers and email addresses, Auto Block has the new "keyword filter" feature. This allows you to pick, or manually add common keywords that the spammers use in their subject lines or message bodies and if future messages contain one of these words up to a specific threshold, then the message will automatically be marked as spam.
And to make it even easier for our users to discover more and more spammers, Auto Block now has the built-in sharing functionality that allows you to sync with our servers to download the latest list of reported spammers. So you no longer have to do the heavy work yourself, but everyone can help each other as a team overcome the spammers from our inboxes.
- Native Cascades app with beautiful graphics, transitions, and animations. App incorporates all the flow gestures BB10 is known for!
- App is headless! No need to keep the UI running all the time to do the blocking.
- Simple, clean and attractive UI with focus on the best user experience.
- Supports all your email accounts, PIN account, and SMS account so that all spammers can be managed.
- Easy to unblock blocked contacts, and clear blocked lists.
- Filtering by Keyword in message Subjects support to block spammers who constantly change their email addresses and SMS numbers.
- Built-in reporter/updater to discover spammers through other Auto Block users!
- User-level optimizations to only load messages from a certain number of days ago to reduce load times.
- Block spammers directly from the BlackBerry 10 Hub by pressing-and-holding on the email and selecting Auto Block!
- Logging pane available to see all the previously blocked messages as well as message subject/body previews.
- Completely silent app and will not disrupt your usage when messages are blocked. You have the option to turn on and off the sound alerts.
- Simple and straightforward tutorials and instructions.
- Unlimited number of addresses can be put into blocked list.
- Stable and mature app: Thoroughly tested over the iterations to prevent all crashes, and has been written with performance and usability in mind.
- Major focus on minimal battery life consumption: The app only reacts when messages arrive on the specific accounts activated and not any others thus reducing CPU usage.
- Built-in bug-reporter.
- Active frame shows the last message that was blocked or the total number of messages that are blocked.
- Permission validation: App recognizes when permissions may be turned off and is stable not to misbehave, but rather it will warn the user.
Link to BlackBerry World Listing:
BlackBerry World - Auto Block
$1.99 CAD (becoming $4.99 CAD as of tomorrow)
Bug Reports and Feature Requests:
Last edited by canadainc; 02-18-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: v2.0 headless
- CrackBerry Genius
04-30-2013, 09:25 PM #2
- 3,299 Posts
there should be an option to block advertising SMS in the settings unless they killed that function, too,,, there is in my 9850,,, good luck w/ your app tho,,, best to you..."THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"
It shows the total of all the messages blocked. It should be very easy to test. Create an email account in Gmail for testing purposes and send yourself a message. Then block that email sender using the app, then try sending an email again and you should see the count increase.
Also you can try the same thing with the SMS. Just send yourself a SMS from the online free texting sites, or from a friend's phone, block the number using the app, and retry to verify it gets successfully blocked.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Posted via CB10Canada Inc.
[BBM support channel: bbmc:C0034D28B]
Headless v2.0 of Auto Block is now out!
Full change log is here:
See the screenshot and demo video above.
- Issue 1 Integrate app with Canada Inc Library
- Issue 14 Add sharing functionality for spam list
- Issue 16 Use a single MessageManager? instead of 1 per account.
- Issue 18 Use custom freeform TitleBar? to give more real-estate for scrolling the message list
- Issue 19 Implement log sheet
- Issue 20 Implement keyword filtering algorithm
- Issue 22 Add tutorials to help users understand all the features
- Issue 24 Add as share invocation target
- Issue 25 Change root to be a TabbedPane
- Issue 26 Add as plaint-text Share invoke target
- Issue 27 Update assets
- Issue 29 Use a database for lookups instead of data structure
- Issue 33 blocks mail not in list
- Issue 35 Add time limit restriction for loading messages
- Issue 36 Make the account picker dropdown persistent
- Issue 37 Make app Q10/Q5 friendly
- Issue 38 Use multiselect mode for list selections instead of tapping one by one
- Issue 39 Add whitelist contacts setting
- Issue 41 Changing accounts while messages are loading causes progress bar flickering
- Issue 42 Implement headless service
The new headless Auto Block v2.1 is now live on BlackBerry World! You should receive the update within hours =)
Be sure to join our BBM Channel [bbmc:C0034D28B] for support and FAQs.Canada Inc.
[BBM support channel: bbmc:C0034D28B]
- By GentlemanCool in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM
- By FireFly3 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 14Last Post: 07-19-2009, 10:36 AM
- By mbarry1221 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
- By ksmithinny in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 5Last Post: 12-26-2008, 09:43 AM
- By dblo7 in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 11Last Post: 12-19-2007, 03:39 PM