Auto Block: Automatically block and delete spam SMS/email messages
Tired of spammers irritating you with their advertisements and scams via SMS and email? Wish there was a way to automatically filter them out of your inbox without it affecting the conversations that actually matter in your life?
AutoBlock is the answer! This app will let you select which messages you consider to be spam, and tag them as such. Then once it is activated, the app will begin monitoring incoming messages for any of the senders you marked to be spam and automatically delete them! You will not hear any notifications or see a blinking LED to disrupt your attention.
The usage of the app is very simple.
1) Wait until a spammer sends you a message.
2) Open the app.
3) Tap the Add action at the bottom.
4) Select the spam message.
5) Tap the Save action.
6) That's it, all future messages from this sender will be automatically deleted!
NOTE THAT THE APP MUST STAY OPEN (IT CAN BE BACKGROUNDED), BUT MUST AT LEAST BE IN THE ACTIVE FRAMES MODE TO WORK. THIS IS BECAUSE THERE IS CURRENTLY NO WAY FOR 3RD PARTY BB10 APPS TO RUN AS A SERVICE IN THE BACKGROUND.
Link to BlackBerry World Listing:
BlackBerry World - Auto Block
Last edited by canadainc; 08-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.
- CrackBerry Genius
08-02-2013, 10:12 PM #4
- 3,846 Posts
- BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
Keep fighting the good fight.
Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.1550
Playbook OS v126.96.36.1996
Is the Z10 the next PlayBook? Incomplete and soon to be abandoned?
It shows the total of all the messages blocked. It should be very easy to test. Create an email account in Gmail for testing purposes and send yourself a message. Then block that email sender using the app, then try sending an email again and you should see the count increase.
Also you can try the same thing with the SMS. Just send yourself a SMS from the online free texting sites, or from a friend's phone, block the number using the app, and retry to verify it gets successfully blocked.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Posted via CB10
- By GentlemanCool in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 04-25-2011, 09:31 PM
- By FireFly3 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 14Last Post: 07-19-2009, 11:36 AM
- By mbarry1221 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
- By ksmithinny in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 5Last Post: 12-26-2008, 10:43 AM
- By dblo7 in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 11Last Post: 12-19-2007, 04:39 PM