I received this link in response to a question I had for youmail about being unable to play voicemails back through the handset. It was only allowing me to play back over speaker. I cant beleive google would disallow this function for third party apps...is it because they want google voice to be the primary solution?

YouMail - Help Center

Android 1.6 - Cannot play message through the earpiece

If you have updated your Android device with the new 'donut' Android 1.6 release, the current version of YouMail Visual Voicemail application is forced to playing your voicemail messages via SpeakerPhone (there are some exceptions), and the 'switch output' button on the playback screen doesn't work anymore. Google is restricting the playback from the the earpiece using third party applications.
    The YouMail team is working on a new release to fix some of these issues. Once we update our Android application, YouMail (and any other third party app) will be restricted to using: Speaker, Bluetooth, or Wired Headset.
    11-09-09 07:28 PM
    I received this link in response to a question I had for youmail about being unable to play voicemails back through the handset. It was only allowing me to play back over speaker. I cant beleive google would disallow this function for third party apps...is it because they want google voice to be the primary solution?

YouMail - Help Center

If you have updated your Android device with the new 'donut' Android 1.6 release, the current version of YouMail Visual Voicemail application is forced to playing your voicemail messages via SpeakerPhone (there are some exceptions), and the 'switch output' button on the playback screen doesn't work anymore. Google is restricting the playback from the the earpiece using third party applications.
    The YouMail team is working on a new release to fix some of these issues. Once we update our Android application, YouMail (and any other third party app) will be restricted to using: Speaker, Bluetooth, or Wired Headset.
    Oh well, I use Google Voice anyway.
    11-09-09 07:30 PM
    its funny how i asked the same question, and got the same link response. come on google aren't you suppose to be Open Plattform!

YouMail - Help Center

its funny how i asked the same question, and got the same link response. come on google aren't you suppose to be Open Plattform!
    11-09-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD