If you have the Nationwide Talk & Text or other plan starting at $59.99 (before the data plan is added), you can upgrade every 12 months on a 2-year contract for a $20 fee which is much better than upgrading every 10 months on a 1-year contract for a $70 fee.

Also, 2-year contracts get to have special deals on upgrades whereas that isn't the case for 1-year contracts.

These are the reasons why I originally went with a 2-year contract.
    epic fail for me because i already paid verizon the extra 70 for the dfoid x to be on 1 yr contract.
    07-22-10 01:06 PM
    epic fail for me because i already paid verizon the extra 70 for the dfoid x to be on 1 yr contract.
    Well you could always return it then buy it on a 2-year contract.
    07-22-10 01:16 PM

Ive got a Fam plan for 80 bucks a months before the Data plans are added. VZ never gave me an option for early upgrade for the 20 extra. Hm,,,,
    07-22-10 01:54 PM
    Ive got a Fam plan for 80 bucks a months before the Data plans are added. VZ never gave me an option for early upgrade for the 20 extra. Hm,,,,
    It's only offered to the Primary line, it has to be 12 months into your contract and you have to be current. If you didn�t these basic criteria, then that may be why you didn't get it.
    07-22-10 02:11 PM
    hahahahaha!
    07-22-10 02:12 PM
    What it comes down to in the end is Sense UI vs. Motorola UI and size. Sense UI is the bee's knees but can sometimes be the cause of a very slight difference in speed during every day use but very lackluster performance in benchmarks. Size wise, it is up to you, but I can assure you that both phones are pocketable. Either way you go, you will be happy. If they manage to crack the boot loader on the DX, I hope they port over a 2.2 Sense ROM.

Does anyone know of a good wireless tether app for rooted DX users. The one from my Eris didn't work.
    07-22-10 03:01 PM
    If they crack the bootloader, stock 2.2 please. Do not want Sense. Vanilla Android will always be the fastest.
    07-22-10 03:43 PM
    I would choose the X any day, the Inc feels like a cheap toy after the X. Phone is easily pocketed.
    07-22-10 06:13 PM
    It's only offered to the Primary line, it has to be 12 months into your contract and you have to be current. If you didn�t these basic criteria, then that may be why you didn't get it.
    I have 11 months left on my primary, which is where I have the Storm..... and am current. Im gonna call
    07-22-10 06:37 PM
    Doesn't the Fascinate only have a 5mp camera and no flash? That's what I've read....why go for that when u can have dual flash and 8mp???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 09:37 PM
    Doesn't the Fascinate only have a 5mp camera and no flash? That's what I've read....why go for that when u can have dual flash and 8mp???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it has flash the other galaxy s models for att and tmobile dont have flash.
    07-22-10 09:51 PM
    I get so confused between carriers, so ATT and TMO have no flash, but Verizon does? I also read that Sprint's is supposed to be getting a physical keyboard...weird...speaking of other carriers. I really don't understand why they have to give the same dang phone a different name on every carrier

ATT is Captivate
    Verzion is Fascinate
    TMO is Vibrant
    Sprint is Epic 4g

jeebus! lol
    07-22-10 10:21 PM
    What it comes down to in the end is Sense UI vs. Motorola UI and size. Sense UI is the bee's knees but can sometimes be the cause of a very slight difference in speed during every day use but very lackluster performance in benchmarks. Size wise, it is up to you, but I can assure you that both phones are pocketable. Either way you go, you will be happy. If they manage to crack the boot loader on the DX, I hope they port over a 2.2 Sense ROM.

Does anyone know of a good wireless tether app for rooted DX users. The one from my Eris didn't work.
    Just go in the market and search "wireless tether" there is one in there
    07-23-10 07:15 AM
    Just go in the market and search "wireless tether" there is one in there
    I wasn't being very specific in my previous post about which particular wireless tether app I was looking for. I realized that the version I had was old; it only worked for Android phones pre Incredible. I got the latest version from the developers Google Code page, and it works like a charm. I found this app over at XDA-Developers a couple of months ago, and I fell in love with the layout of it over other wireless tether apps. BTW, no software is required to be installed on the connecting devices i.e. PC or Mac, making your phone a true mobile hot spot. CLICK HERE for the link!
    07-23-10 11:59 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD