Well the day started with returning my S2 that I got replaced 3 times. I went in and had my heart set on the Eris. The rep took me over to both phones and I told him I dont care about the droid I want the Eris. So he took one out and that was that.

I get in my truck and start playing with it and instantly I am in love. The sense UI is incredible. All is downhill after that.

All they did at the store was activate it. They didnt set up gmail or anything else. So i proceed to try and set everything up and it was like someone built a brick wall right in front of me. Loss of all service, crazy error messages it just completely stopped working.

I called verizon and spent about 2 hours with them trying to figure it out and they could not figure out what the problem was. They marked it in the computer as a DOA (dead on arrival) and she also commented that I am going to the the moto droid.

So I go to the vzw store and the rep sets me all up then says "we cant give you a new phone cuz your 30 day grace period has already been used". I said thats funny cuz the rep over the phone told me I could get the Droid if I wanted to. So he talked to his manager and she approved it and now I have the droid.

Ill tell you the difference is night and day with the 2 phones. The Eris for the short time i used it doesnt even compare in quality with the Droid. If you are in the market for either phone I definitly recommend the Droid over Eris.

Come to find out I was not the only person in the store for the same problem. A buddy of mine who works there called me after I left to see what was up with the phone and he said it happened to 4 other people. Am I saying it will happen to you? No. Just be weary if you are intrested in this one over the Droid
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-06-09 at 08:14 PM. Reason: profanity
    11-06-09 08:11 PM
    Interesting. When I got the Droid this morning, I told the guy I wanted to set it up, being geeky and wanting to touch the Android to begin set-up . He said he had to set it up, send a test e-mail, and make a successful call before he could give it to me.

Must be the area we're in.
    11-06-09 08:15 PM
    Interesting. When I got the Droid this morning, I told the guy I wanted to set it up, being geeky and wanting to touch the Android to begin set-up . He said he had to set it up, send a test e-mail, and make a successful call before he could give it to me.

So what happens when you order over the phone. I guess I get to be the geek to set it up all by myself.
    11-06-09 08:17 PM

Same with me on the Droid. They forced you to enter your gmail info in the store to verify everything was working or create a new gmail if you did not already have one. After entering my account infoeverything was synced within a couple of minutes.
    11-06-09 08:17 PM
    Your store must have gotten a bad batch of the Eris because I've been abusing the heck out of mine ever since I got it. And I have had no problems with it yet. I love typing on the Eris so much better then my Storm1. So far I'm loving the Eris. Sucks that you got a bad one.
    11-06-09 08:19 PM
    Same with me on the Droid. They forced you to enter your gmail info in the store to verify everything was working or create a new gmail if you did not already have one. After entering my account infoeverything was synced within a couple of minutes.
    I think my favorite part was listening to the guy voice his surprisings at things - like when he first started my phone, it said he had to call a special number to activate it. "Special number? Screw that, I'm going to call the REGULAR number" or when I commented it said it was going to pull the info from the servers and could take 5 minutes "Dude, if that takes 1 minute, I'm going to wonder wtf is up with Verizon"...20 seconds later I was done
    11-06-09 08:26 PM
    So what happens when you order over the phone. I guess I get to be the geek to set it up all by myself.
    He hit the little Android, and got to the log-in screen. He gave me the phone, and I quickly put my information in, went to the messaging app, typed my e-mail, then told him I'd sent the first e-mail and that it was successful. He was like WTF?!? ALEADY?!?!?!?

Made me smile, lol. He still had to send one, but he had to ask me how lmao. Then I had to explain to him what a car cradle was - unfortunately, nobody in GR got one at all
    11-06-09 08:29 PM
    wow im glad this thread was hijacked already!!! haha only one actual response to the Eris itself
    11-06-09 08:30 PM
    Anyone having any signal issues? My signal seems lower on my Eris (1 or 2 bars) compared to any other phone i've had like the tp2, storm2 and storm (4 or 5 bars).
    11-06-09 08:32 PM
    wow im glad this thread was hijacked already!!! haha only one actual response to the Eris itself
    My first post to you was more in reference to the problems you were having, and how I'm amazed they let you leave the store with those problems. The rep that sold you the phone sounds like he just wanted to process the sale and get you out so he could move to the next commission sale.

From there... well, I guess I laid the material next to the tracks to derail this thread
    11-06-09 08:32 PM
    I had one small issue with the Eris, but Verizon took care of it within minutes. It is fast, easy to use, a tad rough to configure, but the call quality kills the BBs I have had and I like the UI.
    I really didnt care for the Droid, but I am not a slider fan. I do really like the Eris. And typing compared to a Storm, bwahahahah. Its night and day! After one day I am used to it and faster and have hardly any errors. Its dialed in right now and is kicking ***.
    Different Strokes....
    11-06-09 08:36 PM
    Anyone having any signal issues? My signal seems lower on my Eris (1 or 2 bars) compared to any other phone i've had like the tp2, storm2 and storm (4 or 5 bars).
    Yes that was the problem to begin with was that I was not accquiring a good signal. Than all of a sudden the phone just crashed. The droid gets better service than any phone i have previously owned.
    11-06-09 08:36 PM
    The Eris only has 4 bars. S1 has 5. Sorry you got a bad phone, sounds like your good to go with the Droid now... Enjoy!
    11-06-09 08:40 PM
    Yes that was the problem to begin with was that I was not accquiring a good signal. Than all of a sudden the phone just crashed. The droid gets better service than any phone i have previously owned.
    so how do you like the droid?
    11-06-09 08:51 PM

Same with me this morning.
    11-06-09 09:01 PM
    Glad to hear the OP is happy with his DROID. I'm surprised he had so many problems with the other considering HTC is on its 3rd version of it(HTC Hero).
    11-06-09 09:11 PM
    Highly doubt you had replaced your S2 three times already. Creative fairytale.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:15 PM

no because they have to do that all the time... or they are supposed to...
    11-06-09 09:16 PM
    I haven't bought my Eris yet but my wife and I spent quite some time w it at the store and we both loved it. It was so smooth and call quality was great, browsing w pinch zoom and FLASH was awesome. Sense ui is so nice and texting was a breeze. We both were like pros within minute w hardly any errors.
    We are sold on the Droid Eris. Bye bye BB...hello Android!
    11-06-09 09:21 PM
    no because they have to do that all the time... or they are supposed to...
    The guy I got activated the phone and thats it. I told him I would do the rest and that I was in a hurry. He seemed happy about it.
    11 hours in and I haven't had to do a battery pull. lol.
    11-06-09 09:26 PM
    Highly doubt you had replaced your S2 three times already. Creative fairytale.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    typical criticism from a BB fanboy. You guys cry on the S2 page about Android people talking sh*t. Then you come over here and do the same thing.
    11-06-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD