Okay, it seems that if you were to take a random sampling, the results for the N1 seems to be, "yeah, it's okay/pretty good". Yes, there are some rave reviews and some so-so reviews from real users.

While there were some complaints about the Droid at first, the consensus seemed to be "wow, this is a real game changer"

So my question/statement is, it seems the device is hardly worth running out for when it comes to VZ, and perhaps it's best to keep/get the Droid for now, and perhaps wait until the next iteration of this phone, not the current model as it is.
    Last edited by hal1; 01-09-10 at 11:54 PM.
    01-09-10 10:56 PM
    I am waiting more than likely to upgrade my wife. She likes botht eh Eris and my Droid, but I think I will see if anything else comes out and if I like it, I'll give her my Droid. But if the Nexus One is great, but not subsidezed, then I'll just get her the Eirs or soemthing similar.
    01-09-10 11:02 PM
    Saving my wows for an LTE phone. Hopefully my storm3 will be LTE or maybe I'll go for an android 3.0 LTE phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 11:31 PM
    I guess my point was that this hardly seems 'the great one" that is was cracked up to be, based on many reviewers. Yes, still a great phone, but hardly the end-all.

I guess I'm hoping for something different than this on VZ
    01-09-10 11:56 PM
    By the time the N1 hits VZW, everyone will be yawning over it. Something better will be on the horizon, and another one these threads with "insert latest tech" will pop up.

No, unless you are getting it RIGHT now, and don't own a Droid, its nothing to drool over.
    01-10-10 12:59 AM
    By the time the N1 hits VZW, everyone will be yawning over it. Something better will be on the horizon, and another one these threads with "insert latest tech" will pop up.

No, unless you are getting it RIGHT now, and don't own a Droid, its nothing to drool over.
    I do understand that there will ALWAYS be something new around the corner, and that I MAY have the latest device for MAYBE a couple months.

My point being, if this N1 is the latest and greatest, that it may not be worth holding out for, and it may be best to go from the Droid, to something else (not the N1) in a little while, or, if I don't own a Droid yet, pass on the N1 and wait for something else.
    01-10-10 08:13 AM
    whether you buy now or next device hardly matters, as soon as you buy it something new is already in the pipeline for release. you can't win with technology now-a-days. Buy it, be happy, and hope for something amazing in 20 months when you can upgrade
    01-10-10 12:53 PM
    whether you buy now or next device hardly matters, as soon as you buy it something new is already in the pipeline for release.
    I KNOW, I said that in my last post. My point being, that from average reviews it seems that if this is the best out there, it may not be worth it right now.
    Last edited by hal1; 01-10-10 at 01:38 PM.
    01-10-10 01:28 PM
    It's like buying a new computer. Technology improves so fast that you're never going to have the greatest thing out.
    01-10-10 01:30 PM
    It's like buying a new computer. Technology improves so fast that you're never going to have the greatest thing out.
    I KNOW, I said that in my last post. My point being, that from average reviews it seems that if this is the best out there, it may not be worth it right now.

I'm not being a tool, just wondering (out loud) that if this is the best HTC/Google has to offer, even if it's the best out there now, it may be worth waiting if this is going to be my/yours phone for the next 2 years
    01-10-10 01:40 PM
    The N1 is barely out and already I am tired of it.....First I was out if my mind exited (android smooth OS with a sleek body).....THEN the games started....only sold by google online.....$500 price tag......support is through htc.....
    All these points are annoying to me....how am I suppose to drop $500 on something I can't even try out first?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 09:33 AM
    Think of the Nexus 1 like this: it's a Moto Droid without the physical keyboard (basically). Lighter and more compact espicially for those who put their phone in their jeans pocket. Hardly anyone uses the flat worthless (imo) MotoDroid phsical keyboard after a week anyway.
    01-11-10 09:59 AM
    Speak for yourself.

I use the hardware keyboard all the time.
    01-11-10 10:36 AM
    Speak for yourself.

I use the hardware keyboard all the time.
    I didn't say nobody, I said hardly anyone. I did a poll on this shortly after it came out. Not many use it. My wife specifically wanted this phone over the Eris because of the keyboard. She doesn't use it now at all. It's a bad keyboard to type on. The virtual keyboard is very good.
    01-11-10 10:46 AM
    A poll on a site like this is not a good sampling. Most Droid owners do not post here. In fact the major population of them probably do not post to any Droid forums. Blackberries have awesome keyboards. Anyone who is holding the Droid keyboard to a BB standard is going to hate the Droid keyboard. Being this is a mostly BB site....

Anyway, I like being able to see where I am typing. The virtual keyboard does not allow that.
    01-11-10 11:33 AM
    swype >>>> physical keyboard
    01-11-10 12:53 PM
    Everyone I know uses the physical keyboard.. at the same time none of them post or read forums.
    01-11-10 01:12 PM
    I didn't say nobody, I said hardly anyone. I did a poll on this shortly after it came out. Not many use it. My wife specifically wanted this phone over the Eris because of the keyboard. She doesn't use it now at all. It's a bad keyboard to type on. The virtual keyboard is very good.
    although i agree the hardware keyboard could be better, and doesn't measure up to the blackberry keyboard, people have warmed up to it over time, i know i have. over at droidforums the poll they had showed 48% of people prefer the hardware keyboard.

as for the op, if you're looking for a new phone today then get the best phone available today. if you keep waiting for the next best thing then you'll never get anything. the difference between the nexus and droid comes down to personal preference on form factor. you won't find a consensus saying one is better than the other because they are very similar.
    01-11-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD