Thinking anout switching but I really like the keyboard on my droid. But it looks like the droid x is the shizznit. Can I get some in put if its worth the switch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 10:32 PM
    I switched from the droid to the droid x. Imo I would say go for it
    09-23-10 10:46 PM
    I also came from the Droid 1 to an X. The extra screen real estate is really nice.
    09-23-10 11:26 PM
    Night and day you'll dig it
    09-24-10 12:12 AM
    I guess I should add that I never use to use my Droid 1 physical keyboard though.
    09-24-10 12:57 AM
    Depends. Obviously the X is bigger so if size is an absolute issue for you then the Droid World/Pro might be more to your liking. The QWERTY keyboard requirement, as mentioned, would be another factor. Also, I'm not quite sure what to think of the 2.2 Froyo upgrade that is now available for the DX as of a few days ago. Some love it, some don't. Then there is my personal burning question: is VZW going to announce a new "King of the Hill" Android device for the upcoming holiday season within the next several weeks? For example, the so-called "EVO-like 4G device" that BGR has been talking about (e.g. the HTC Merge/Desire HD or whatever it may be called). Is 4G about to be released in your area? Last, the DX already has been given an end-of-life date with VZW (as I recall it was March 2011). The upside to the last point is that at least the DX will live longer on the VZW network than the Droid 2 did!

Decisions, decisions...
    09-24-10 10:14 AM
    It is well worth the switch. Go test one out before you decide though.
    09-24-10 12:53 PM
    While you're there, check out the Fascinate as well.
    09-24-10 01:27 PM
    Why not just look at one and decide if a non physical keyboard phone works for you? Overall the phone is superior in pretty much every aspect since it is almost 1 year newer.
    09-24-10 04:57 PM
    also if this guy is a sapphire or bugless beast ROM guy, both of those roms are comming to the droid x in the comming weeks (maybe 2 weeks)
    09-24-10 05:11 PM
    yes it's worth it. I bought a droid 1 for $250 off contract and sold it 6 months later and got the X. the droid 1 was cool but barely had any memory and the keyboard on it was useless.

the X has that gorgeous 4.3" screen
    8gb of app memory
    1ghz omap processor with a kick *** gpu (tho slightly less powerful than the galaxy s)
    awesome metal quality build (none of that cheap plasticky htc garbage that they used to build the incredible)

and with launcher pro, the phone is so so so so smooth it's just as smooth as my bro's iphone 4.
    09-24-10 10:17 PM
    night and day.......
    09-24-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD