downloaded jarcade from the marketplace....waited for my password (got it in about an hour), loaded my roms from the pc...WOOOOHOOO!! a quick review:

you can set the keys to the keyboard on the droid. i'm using the d-pad (and who knew it wouldn't come in handy?) with my right thumb and all the other buttons are mapped to my left. with me using the slide keyboard, i get fullscreen action, there is a touch-keypad option if there's no physical keyboard available (eris, etc.).

loading the roms is easy, just hook up your droid to your pc, create a folder for your roms, drag and drop...unmount the droid, viola! When you run the emulator, select the load roms option, pick the folder you dropped them in and pick the game you want to play. now on to the display....

display is incredible! games can be rotated to landscape mode, or upright (pacman, shoot em ups, etc) you can even rotate them 90, 180, or 360 degrees. there was no slowdown on the games i loaded (captain commando, samuari showdown series, u.n. squadron), fighting games like street fighter or mortal kombat are difficult to play as the i'm not left handed, so i use those games as a demo to show off the droid's capabilities to run cps-2 games.

there will be better updates, or better emulators, but as of now, there is NOTHING you can give me that gives you a better display. there are thousands of arcade roms available, and if you enjoy the games of your youth, i highly recommend the jarcade emulator!
    11-23-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD