I'm jumping ship to an Android. Question: Knowing that this is the first gen of dual core procressors, is it worth getting a duo core phone over a single core? Will the benefits be worth the issues?
    01-31-11 04:43 PM
    Battery will be an issue
    01-31-11 05:37 PM
    Battery will be an issue
    Why? Running at less Volts? Finishing processes faster, hence taxing the battery less? IDK man, I think LTE needs the di core for battery life.
    01-31-11 05:50 PM
    Dual core will actually improve battery life because processes won't be competing for time as often if they were under the single core environment. Secondly, one process can take its time, while another is working in the background. The main reason why SMP machines are favored in heavy duty environments is load balancing.
    01-31-11 06:06 PM
    Battery won't be an issue. You'll likely get similar life out of these more powerful, but less power consuming devices compared to the current ones. I fully expect to get a full days [normal] use out of the Atrix when I get it.
    01-31-11 07:21 PM
    Thanks...I wasn't taking about battery life. I meant issues like freezing up, shuting down unexpectedly, etc. Issues that accord to the first generation of 1ghz single core processors. Will they also accord on the first generation of dual core?
    01-31-11 07:26 PM
    Rock- look at reviews and videos of the LG optimus 2x. There are some good videos on androidcentral. That is a Tegra 2 device so its dual core. The same chip as the bionic and the same device as the lG revolution for vzw. I think the videos show that the device is very impressive.

I think the issues will be more LTE based than dual core. As it is I am hearing bad things about the TB from vzw testing. Mostly around the radios handling the 4G to 3G hand offs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    GenTsoChicken likes this.
    01-31-11 07:41 PM
    No one really knows for sure until consumers have it in their hands and some hours on these devices are logged.

Only thing I know (at least on the Motorola side) is that Nvidia has stated that Tegra 2 has been around for 2 years and is just now going to hit the market in devices like the Xoom, Droid Bionic, and Atrix. I would assume that Nvidia and Motorola have spent some time testing and tweaking all this dual core goodness.
    GenTsoChicken likes this.
    01-31-11 10:25 PM
    Marco and Engine Thanks.
    02-01-11 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD