Will I be able to purchase let's say a Droid Bionic and not have to purchase a 4G data plan?

Will the new 4G phones run on the existing 3G network and current data plans already in place?
    01-10-11 07:54 PM
    the phone will also work on the 3g network but the pricing is still unknown right now
    01-10-11 07:55 PM
    the phone will also work on the 3g network but the pricing is still unknown right now
    I'm already on the $30 unlimited data plan. I believe it will simply carry over to the new device. I believe "for now" 3G data plans will go unchanged, but starting with the 4G data plans there are different tiers for different costs per month.

Then in a couple of years when 3G networks are taken down and 4G networks run voice and data together, new data plans will come into play.
    01-10-11 10:25 PM
    I'm already on the $30 unlimited data plan. I believe it will simply carry over to the new device. I believe "for now" 3G data plans will go unchanged, but starting with the 4G data plans there are different tiers for different costs per month.

Then in a couple of years when 3G networks are taken down and 4G networks run voice and data together, new data plans will come into play.
    thats pretty much whats going to happen i think. There are talks of the LTE plans being the same for now and re-evaluated in the future, but that can be said about anything really.
    01-10-11 10:30 PM
    It remains to be seen.

Currently, Sprint makes you pay $10 more a month as a "premuim" for 4G.
    T-Mobile has come out and says that data plans will stay the same for 4G. (I can attest to this, I have a 4G phone)
    AT&T went to tiered data not too long ago.

My guess is that VZW will either go tiered or have a premium (like Sprint).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 10:35 PM
    It remains to be seen.

Currently, Sprint makes you pay $10 more a month as a "premuim" for 4G.
    T-Mobile has come out and says that data plans will stay the same for 4G. (I can attest to this, I have a 4G phone)
    AT&T went to tiered data not too long ago.

My guess is that VZW will either go tiered or have a premium (like Sprint).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Right, I'm not concerned with 4G currently. I'm not some speed demon and 3G hasn't let me down. I'll be interested in 4G when it becomes more of the norm and not the super new premium tech.

My concern is if I want one of these new devices that are LTE capable that Verizon allows me to purchase and use the device with my existing 3G plan and not have to force me into a 4G one.
    01-10-11 10:42 PM
    VZW....going to pull teeth! ha ha
    01-10-11 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD