So here is what I am wondering- I have the DX for about a week now and activated the wifi hot spot feature- I know that its 2 gig allowance- has anyone tested how much usage this really is? trying to figure out if it makes sense. Dont want to always worry that I am going to go over if I use it too much... thanks!
    08-10-10 06:52 PM
    Well, it's 2 gigs of data. That's like asking how much water 25 gallons is, you already have the answer.
    08-10-10 11:06 PM
    With a 2GB plan you have 2048 MB's or 2097152 KB's. Hope that made it clear.
    08-11-10 12:54 AM
    I think that the OP is asking if 2 GBs is sufficient or north having the hotspot service. I would say no. I have hotspot services through Sprint and one week into my cycle, I'm at 3 GB. Before getting an EVO, I have never used that much data. Android devices are data hogs.
    08-11-10 04:00 AM
    I have not yet used my Hotspot WiFi on my DX so my question is : Does it cost to use it and do you have to agree to any terms before you use it .I am thinking you do but since I have not ever ticked the box on I dont know for sure
    08-11-10 07:04 AM
    Well, it's 2 gigs of data. That's like asking how much water 25 gallons is, you already have the answer.
    Well Debby Downer that is not what I was asking but thanks for the obnoxious comment- I comprehend that its 2 gigs- what I was wondering is has anyone used it and for what (ie email and surfing web or streaming video etc) and do they find that 2 gigs goes a long way- that's like saying everyone has the same battery life- its different depending on usage- So I was wondering what peoples experiences have been...
    08-11-10 07:06 AM
    I have not yet used my Hotspot WiFi on my DX so my question is : Does it cost to use it and do you have to agree to any terms before you use it .I am thinking you do but since I have not ever ticked the box on I dont know for sure
    you have to add it as a feature and then its $20 for 2 gigs. I believe that its like 5 cents for each mb after that- but that I am not too sure on.
    08-11-10 07:07 AM
    So here is what I am wondering- I have the DX for about a week now and activated the wifi hot spot feature- I know that its 2 gig allowance- has anyone tested how much usage this really is? trying to figure out if it makes sense. Dont want to always worry that I am going to go over if I use it too much... thanks!
    If you have the "My Verizon App" installed on your phone, you can use the data usage feature to keep up with the usage.

I know two weeks ago when my internet was down I was tethering my Droid to my laptop, and after an hour or so of watching youtube, surfing the web, and checking email, I ate up about 250 megs, so be careful.
    08-11-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD