I mean, there are many troll posters trying to slam the Droid or Android OS in general. Fact is, many BB users are using other forums because of this. We all know the Droid is a huge success with limited issues. Of those issues, most will be fixed mid December. Why continue to look at posts from people defending their purchase of the Storm 2 and now saying they own the Droid. There is no way to see who owns the droid, but having looked through many issues on here, I can honestly state that most posting these issues do not own it. Move on Droidians...there are many other forums to get good and honest information in.

Nothing against you BB and Iphone users, but you know these forums are full of trolls that try to defend their phone at all costs, by slamming another....even though that other is superior LMAO....not lying there...the Droid and Android rocks....and it will only improve. Wait...I think RIM promised some improvement in 2010....good luck with that.

In all fairness...I did enjoy my BB and it was good as a business phone. I will, however, not go back any time soon. The Droid, and Android OS, is just superior in every way. People mention a lack of the very nice Berrybuzz, but why settle for that when you can customize your own vibrations and leds? when I say customize, I mean there is no end to how they will work (short, long, pause, pause, long short etc...) or how long. People talk about push email and the BB. No doubt this was nice, but why not route your emails through you gmail account or just get a gmail account. Either way...you get push email and can actually turn it off if needed. I don't think BB has that option. Besides...emails look perfect on my Droid. Screen resolution...no need to talk about this.

I had to transfer some items from my wifes curve to my old Tour tonight since she is switching. When I had the Iphone...Something like this made me miss the BB, not with the Droid or Android OS. It felt primitive. It is unfortunate that RIM chooses to stick with "What works" vs moving forward.

For those that choose to stay in this forum and look for answers I will give you my issues with the Droid.

1) Camera sucks. Yep...well known and should be addressed mid december. Although Video is second to none. Vid is amazing.

2) Copy and paste in gmail bites. Pain in the **** to select the correct text. Regular copy and paste is extremely easy.

Thats it.... honestly. I have never had a reset issue, no lock ups, memory management works on this phone so no real need to use app killers, although no real need for themes since widgets can do anything, Open home, gde and others are tweaking for OS 2.0 and will offer superior tweaking. If you want to customize something and make it litterally your own...there is an app for that. This is an Open OS people...no limitations like BB and Apple puts on their phones. Actually...google encourages it...oh yeah...speaking of gooogle. The navigation on this phone is amazing. I remember see something that said it did not give advance notice for turns...complete BS. I get warnings and guidance from a mile out and then from there in small increments. I actually think it is better than my Garmin and in car guidance. It is sweet!!!! and free.

Market place....many many many of the great apps are free. If not free....99 cents. Android OS 2.0 and the Droid have only been out 8 days. The sweet apps are still being worked on....plus the future is huge with the Android OS.

So...that being said...if you are serioulsy wanting answers, dont ask here. Go to an official Droid forum and look around. You will not see the huge posts with issues...questions yes, issues...nope.
    Last edited by mjs31; 11-14-09 at 07:34 AM.
    11-14-09 07:29 AM
    Good post, but I disagree with leaving Crackberry.

I'll stay here mostly because I've come to trust this community. Questions do get answered fairly and I understand the BB bias.
    I'll stay here also because I'm still keeping my Tour. Verizon said I could swap them back and forth with relative ease using the website, so I can get the best of both worlds.
    I'll also stay here because, in some sense, using an advanced phone is the same no matter what phone. I think BB users are some of the most ingenious about use so that I'll read what they are doing and say, "Hey I want to try to do that on my Droid."

I'm sure I'll check out other forums and join their communities too, but Crackberry is too good to lose just because I'm playing with a Droid.
    11-14-09 07:41 AM
    I agree with the last post. Plus, people who are used to Blackberries and some of their unique features will be more dedicated and receptive to trying to work out a solution that gains that feature that a lot of people who never owned a Blackberry would either not understand what you're talking about or they would think it was trivial.

Crackberry is great, whether you own a Blackberry or not.
    11-14-09 07:56 AM
    Everyone is welcome to discuss and compare any smartphones on our forums - provided they keep the debate civil and objective.

The problems start when the trolls join the thread and start tossing insults or disrupting the discussion. Moderators try to keep this bad behavior under control but regular members need the self-discipline to report the problems for moderation, and not take the bait by responding. Don't let the IQ-zero members ruin your experience.
    11-14-09 08:12 AM
    And since most of us here are coming from bb many of us have similar habits in how we use our devices. Im finding it really hard to use the bb now though. I tried to click the screen on my trackball bb last night. And its those types of things that will probably keep most of us active on this forum. It's that shared foundation of bb and now a shared experience of moving to Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 08:14 AM
    It gets pretty old with all the BB users coming into the android section complaining.
    11-14-09 11:18 AM
    Im not an Android user yet but I will be getting one in december. Im not getting rid of my storm2 though. As far as the people coming in here disrupting things, well the same can be said for the trolls going over to the storm2 section and causing problems.
    11-14-09 11:43 AM
    I mean, there are many troll posters trying to slam the Droid or Android OS in general. Fact is, many BB users are using other forums because of this. We all know the Droid is a huge success with limited issues. Of those issues, most will be fixed mid December. Why continue to look at posts from people defending their purchase of the Storm 2 and now saying they own the Droid. There is no way to see who owns the droid, but having looked through many issues on here, I can honestly state that most posting these issues do not own it. Move on Droidians...there are many other forums to get good and honest information in.

Nothing against you BB and Iphone users, but you know these forums are full of trolls that try to defend their phone at all costs, by slamming another....even though that other is superior LMAO....not lying there...the Droid and Android rocks....and it will only improve. Wait...I think RIM promised some improvement in 2010....good luck with that.

In all fairness...I did enjoy my BB and it was good as a business phone. I will, however, not go back any time soon. The Droid, and Android OS, is just superior in every way. People mention a lack of the very nice Berrybuzz, but why settle for that when you can customize your own vibrations and leds? when I say customize, I mean there is no end to how they will work (short, long, pause, pause, long short etc...) or how long. People talk about push email and the BB. No doubt this was nice, but why not route your emails through you gmail account or just get a gmail account. Either way...you get push email and can actually turn it off if needed. I don't think BB has that option. Besides...emails look perfect on my Droid. Screen resolution...no need to talk about this.

I had to transfer some items from my wifes curve to my old Tour tonight since she is switching. When I had the Iphone...Something like this made me miss the BB, not with the Droid or Android OS. It felt primitive. It is unfortunate that RIM chooses to stick with "What works" vs moving forward.

For those that choose to stay in this forum and look for answers I will give you my issues with the Droid.

1) Camera sucks. Yep...well known and should be addressed mid december. Although Video is second to none. Vid is amazing.

2) Copy and paste in gmail bites. Pain in the **** to select the correct text. Regular copy and paste is extremely easy.

Thats it.... honestly. I have never had a reset issue, no lock ups, memory management works on this phone so no real need to use app killers, although no real need for themes since widgets can do anything, Open home, gde and others are tweaking for OS 2.0 and will offer superior tweaking. If you want to customize something and make it litterally your own...there is an app for that. This is an Open OS people...no limitations like BB and Apple puts on their phones. Actually...google encourages it...oh yeah...speaking of gooogle. The navigation on this phone is amazing. I remember see something that said it did not give advance notice for turns...complete BS. I get warnings and guidance from a mile out and then from there in small increments. I actually think it is better than my Garmin and in car guidance. It is sweet!!!! and free.

Market place....many many many of the great apps are free. If not free....99 cents. Android OS 2.0 and the Droid have only been out 8 days. The sweet apps are still being worked on....plus the future is huge with the Android OS.

So...that being said...if you are serioulsy wanting answers, dont ask here. Go to an official Droid forum and look around. You will not see the huge posts with issues...questions yes, issues...nope.
    Really get over yourself,people have made friends here and choose to post if they want. If I were you I'd get over it quick. Also remember this is a Droid section if you don't have one or aren't looking to get one keep it moving.
    11-14-09 11:51 AM
    I can honestly state that most posting these issues do not own it.
    what gave that away? This device lags and is slow? Build quality is cheap? Not as good as my S1 or S2? Can't do half the things my BB did? or that Youtube looks like crap?

Maybe all the above? : )
    11-14-09 12:08 PM
    Really get over yourself,people have made friends here and choose to post if they want. If I were you I'd get over it quick. Also remember this is a Droid section if you don't have one or aren't looking to get one keep it moving.
    Whoa no need to attack. I dont think he was being negative but more curious as to why so many people stayed on these particular Android forums.
    11-14-09 12:10 PM
    Im not an Android user yet but I will be getting one in december. Im not getting rid of my storm2 though. As far as the people coming in here disrupting things, well the same can be said for the trolls going over to the storm2 section and causing problems.
    difference being paul the things said in the Storm forums are true.

In here the people that like to stir the pot just pull things out of their arses.

I don't mind but at least bring some truth to the table.

Say something like the autofocus is glitchy or crap not the screen isn't impressive and is unreponsive lol

If people want to start trouble bring some truth.....

Man we could go into the Storm forums and have a field day with them but we don't. Talk about having a loaded weapon. We have frakking cannons we could bring in there. But it's pointless really. It's like picking on the little kid.
    11-14-09 12:15 PM
    Well there is a difference... If you say anything that's not "the storm 2 is the best" people call you a troll. I told a lady to get her storm replaced instead of doing the torx trick, because she deserved better than having to perform hardware mods on her phone and a storm fanboy decides to take offense and say I'm a troll.
    11-14-09 12:50 PM
    Yeah idk how the build quality can be considered cheap compared to the wobbly storm screen.
    no wobbly screens on the storm2
    11-14-09 12:53 PM
    what gave that away? This device lags and is slow? Build quality is cheap? Not as good as my S1 or S2? Can't do half the things my BB did? or that Youtube looks like crap?

Maybe all the above? : )
    you know the only ones that say these things havent actually used any other device. The same thing can be said for the storm1 owners saying the storm2 is the same device.
    11-14-09 12:56 PM
    no wobbly screens on the storm2
    Yes, that's why I said storm not storm2!
    11-14-09 01:00 PM
    difference being paul the things said in the Storm forums are true.

In here the people that like to stir the pot just pull things out of their arses.

I don't mind but at least bring some truth to the table.

Say something like the autofocus is glitchy or crap not the screen isn't impressive and is unreponsive lol

If people want to start trouble bring some truth.....

Man we could go into the Storm forums and have a field day with them but we don't. Talk about having a loaded weapon. We have frakking cannons we could bring in there. But it's pointless really. It's like picking on the little kid.
    so then its ok for them to go over to the storm2 section just to stir things up? You still seem to think the storm2 sucks, and thats your opinion. In reality its a really good device. It may not have a good browser or view youtube in the same qualtiy as the droid but honestly who cares. It works with little to no issues and thats what matters. Is it really that hard for you to see both devices have issues?
    11-14-09 01:01 PM
    Well there is a difference... If you say anything that's not "the storm 2 is the best" people call you a troll. I told a lady to get her storm replaced instead of doing the torx trick, because she deserved better than having to perform hardware mods on her phone and a storm fanboy decides to take offense and say I'm a troll.
    and this is a false statement. Just because you dont like the storm2 does not mean your a troll. Its when people say things about the device and either dont own one or they just played with it in the store. To form any real opinion about a device you really need to have used it for a couple days or so. And all the talk about the storm1 is old news. ALL the ISSUES the storm1 had or have are not present on the storm2 so lets try and keep this somewhat relevant here.
    11-14-09 01:05 PM
    you know the only ones that say these things havent actually used any other device. The same thing can be said for the storm1 owners saying the storm2 is the same device.
    As I've said before, the Storm2 can be the same device for some. If you liked BB OS, and you just wanted a hardware update you will be satisfied. If you were unsatisfied with BB OS, the phone will feel the same because there were no significant changes in the OS. Memory increases and screen improvements can mean a little or a lot depending on your view on it.

and this is a false statement. Just because you dont like the storm2 does not mean your a troll. Its when people say things about the device and either dont own one or they just played with it in the store. To form any real opinion about a device you really need to have used it for a couple days or so. And all the talk about the storm1 is old news. ALL the ISSUES the storm1 had or have are not present on the storm2 so lets try and keep this somewhat relevant here.
    Didn't clarify. A lady posted about her storm1 in the storm 2 section, and when I offered my opinion a storm2 fanboy called me a troll.
    Last edited by st3v3; 11-14-09 at 01:08 PM.
    11-14-09 01:05 PM
    I have to laugh a little. Normal Droid members probably do not even know how Storm, Tour and other BB members feel about a few Droid members. IMO, now that the Droid forum here, its fair game. Why ... ask Vegasvic, bearkat and others who have trolled our forums before the Droid forum became a sanctuary. Heck, vegasvic has stated I can't even troll well. But heh, you get what you sow, including myself. If there are complaints about trolling, suck it up. We had to. As far as what some say is truth .... well truth is more opinion rather then definitive fact.
    11-14-09 01:13 PM
    As I've said before, the Storm2 can be the same device for some. If you liked BB OS, and you just wanted a hardware update you will be satisfied. If you were unsatisfied with BB OS, the phone will feel the same because there were no significant changes in the OS. Memory increases and screen improvements can mean a little or a lot depending on your view on it.

so the only differences are the screen and memory? Really? WOW, Ive been duped I will say this again, if you haven actually owned one for more than a day then you really dont have a leg to stand on with this comment. I had both the storm1 and storm2 and after several days of using both the storm2 is acually quite a bit different.

Didn't clarify. A lady posted about her storm1 in the storm 2 section, and when I offered my opinion a storm2 fanboy called me a troll.
    well maybe its because of your reputation. I do agree however with what you said about the screen. You shouldnt have to fix anything and you should get it replaced. For me though I dont mind fixing things myself, and just for the record I never did have any screen click issues with my s1.
    11-14-09 01:16 PM
    well maybe its because of your reputation. I do agree however with what you said about the screen. You shouldnt have to fix anything and you should get it replaced. For me though I dont mind fixing things myself, and just for the record I never did have any screen click issues with my s1.
    Not sure what you mean by reputation... but ok. And if I'm ignorant of any software upgrades, please make me aware of them. The BlackBerry OS still seemed the same to me.
    11-14-09 01:21 PM
    Not sure what you mean by reputation... but ok. And if I'm ignorant of any software upgrades, please make me aware of them. The BlackBerry OS still seemed the same to me.
    Yes the OS is the same but besides that the device is quite a bit different. Have you ever OWNED the storm2?
    11-14-09 01:33 PM
    I have to laugh a little. Normal Droid members probably do not even know how Storm, Tour and other BB members feel about a few Droid members. IMO, now that the Droid forum here, its fair game. Why ... ask Vegasvic, bearkat and others who have trolled our forums before the Droid forum became a sanctuary. Heck, vegasvic has stated I can't even troll well. But heh, you get what you sow, including myself. If there are complaints about trolling, suck it up. We had to. As far as what some say is truth .... well truth is more opinion rather then definitive fact.
    correct, bring definitive facts to the arguments. Even better : )

Thats why Vegasvic probably said you didn't "troll" well.

A good "troll" knows the facts before he begins his assault : )

Personally I don't care about the Storm (1 and 2 are one in the same lets be honest) owners coming in here looking to stir the pot. As you said all is fair in love and war. But if they are going to do that at least bring some definitive facts to the table.

Not this crazy nonsense you see in here.

"Trolling" is fine when done right. When done wrong the person looks ridiculous and the mods have no choice but to ban them. Paul is the perfect example, not to knock him but he needs to at least take the introductory course to trolling before exposing himself. Thats why he got banned. He skipped boot camp and went straight onto the battlefield.
    11-14-09 01:40 PM
    Yes the OS is the same but besides that the device is quite a bit different. Have you ever OWNED the storm2?
    Paul if it looks like a duck and talks like a duck............
    11-14-09 01:43 PM
    I'm staying in the CrackBerry Community because I still use a BlackBerry for work, even though I just gave up my personal BB for the Motorola Droid.

After using 7 different BB devices, it was time to try and learn something new. I love BlackBerry, but the OS has not evolved very much in the past 2 years. However, as an enterprise BB user for the past 3 years, I still see a need for fast and secure push e-mail for business.

I have not lost faith in RIM's ability to stay as a major player in the smartphone world. They just need to step up their game and make devices that will grab more consumers' attention.
    11-14-09 02:33 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD