Flash makes the browser complete. I never cared for flash but I needed to find something on a site for school that needed flash and I was able to do it from my X whereas I could not from my iPod touch.

Also loaded a few flas videos and they played smoothly with no choppiness.

The rendering is also good and there's no checkerboard like on the iPhone/iPod and WP7 browsers.
    11-17-10 02:31 PM
    agreed. I was able to take care of my school stuff through the stock browser.
    11-17-10 02:38 PM
    Makes sense. Seems to be the best.
    11-17-10 04:13 PM
    you can thank apple for that awesome browser.

well minus the flash part but the browser itself is apple's doing.
    11-17-10 04:39 PM
    Its the best because it flat out works.
    11-17-10 06:00 PM
    you can thank apple for that awesome browser.

well minus the flash part but the browser itself is apple's doing.
    Actually you can thank KDE, as they developed it for Linux. It was forked by Apple for use in Safari, where all they did was add some specific Mac OS X components. It then returned to open source, and the webkit you see today has nothing to do with Apple.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 11-17-10 at 06:17 PM.
    11-17-10 06:13 PM
    Definitely wouldn't thank Apple for anything, Mobile Safari sucks almost as hard as the desktop Safari does.
    11-17-10 07:14 PM
    I'm definitely another that isn't impressed by safari.
    11-17-10 07:30 PM
    Isn't the stock browser a derivative of Chrome, anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong, all. Safari has its own quirks on the desktop, also. Whenever I'm on a Mac, I tend to use firefox, mainly.
    11-17-10 07:42 PM
    Yeah, the stock browser is Chrome Mini or Mobile Chrome, something like that.

I used to use Firefox exclusively, but Chrome on Mac is pretty awesome, and snappy, so I've found myself using it a lot. Plus that homescreen thing with the tabs (like Opera kind of) is really handy instead of searching through bookmarks for sites.

Also, Flash in Chrome and Android works amazingly.
    11-17-10 08:30 PM
    I don't know, but I really found Firefox to be the best browser for me in Linux, despite how bloated it seems over time.

Chrome on Windows, no doubt, is great.
    11-17-10 08:36 PM
    Definitely wouldn't thank Apple for anything, Mobile Safari sucks almost as hard as the desktop Safari does.
    why do u guys hate mobile safari? I used it a few times on my ipod and it's good but the android browser is better. but I don't think mobile safari is bad.

I tried desktop safai before and it's whatever. I still prefer firefox and chrome to it.
    11-17-10 11:15 PM
    I don't know. I wouldn't say it's horrible, certainly better than IE. I just like how Firefox works on all platforms, more or less, and I like the rendering speed of Chrome.
    11-17-10 11:24 PM
    I wouldn't say that mobile Safari is horrible. Still better than many other mobile browsers out there. Surprisingly flash isn't a big deal for me... For mobile use, I have it turned off most of the time...
    11-19-10 02:43 AM
    why do u guys hate mobile safari? I used it a few times on my ipod and it's good but the android browser is better. but I don't think mobile safari is bad.

I tried desktop safai before and it's whatever. I still prefer firefox and chrome to it.
    Meh. It's just the way it looks exactly like the desktop one that kind of irks me. I don't like Apples design. It works fine, obviously excluding that glaring Flash issue.

I don't know. I wouldn't say it's horrible, certainly better than IE. I just like how Firefox works on all platforms, more or less, and I like the rendering speed of Chrome.
    I've just started realizing this lately, and find myself using Chrome almost 100% of the time now. If only FF could get those kind of rendering speeds, then it'd be the perfect browser...

The funny thing is until I used Chrome, I didn't know FireFox was..slow. And the even funnier thing is FireFox ISN'T slow, it's just Chrome is lightning fast.
    11-20-10 04:42 AM
    I'd switch to Chrome permanently if they put in a sidebar for Bookmarks. The only thing I dislike about Chrome is navigating a tree of menus for each bookmark. Add to that the point that the bookmarks read from right to left (unintuitive for most reading cultures) drives me crazy.
    K Bear likes this.
    11-20-10 08:35 AM
    Firefox still suffers from occasional memory hogging over sustained periods of time. This said, I still use it as my primary browser.
    11-20-10 10:19 AM
    @rmjones yeah I don't even bother with bookmarks in Chrome, honestly. I only frequent so many sites (like 20 or so) on Chrome, so I keep 8 on that starting page tile thing, then all the rest in the bookmark menu across the top..

Google really needs to fix their bookmark setup. :\
    11-21-10 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD