I have an unread message in one of my yahoo account that obviously I dont want to look at right now. I clear the notification yet every 5 minutes I receive this same 1 unread email message. Anybody else keep getting the same email message?
    11-19-09 08:33 AM
    Did you turn your wifi back on? If you did it probably didn't actually sync yet to delete from server. As you probably know, Yahoo doesn't work over wifi.
    11-19-09 11:43 PM
    I was having the same thing happen to me with my Hotmail account!!

I also had some other weird things happening like the mail app/process would start to run by itself. Meaning I would go into "Running Services" and it would be in there running for 45 minutes or a crazy amount of time. Why? I don't know.

So I eventually got sick of it and deleted my hotmail account from the mail app. I just use my Gmail now.
    11-20-09 02:22 AM
    Did you turn your wifi back on? If you did it probably didn't actually sync yet to delete from server. As you probably know, Yahoo doesn't work over wifi.
    Didnt know yahoo didnt work over wifi. Well wifi is useless to me on the droid phone. All my business emails are on yahoo. Thanks for the tip.
    11-20-09 06:48 AM
    Didnt know yahoo didnt work over wifi. Well wifi is useless to me on the droid phone. All my business emails are on yahoo. Thanks for the tip.
    You could do one of 2 things (probably other solutions as well)....

1. pay the $20 yearly for yahoo plus and fwd your Yahoo to a gmail account. You can even set it to reply as the yahoo address still. this would get you push email for your yahoo.

2. Leave wifi off at home (or work) unless you're doing something that truly requires it. ie downloading or streaming etc.

I just turn my wifi off and on throughout the day, I have already migrated a lot of my stuff to my gmail account (ebay, paypal, forum emails etc) it's not too bad now.

Keep in mind, this is Yahoo's issue not the Droid or VZW. Yahoo does not allow free access for their IMAP mail. Blackberry and IPhone have their own "deal" with Yahoo and they have separate internal software that lets them navigate around this blockade. I wouldn't ever expect Yahoo to extend this courtesy to Google. But, you never know. If Android really hit's it's potential, they may have to concede (if Google wants them to) because otherwise they could lose a lot of accounts. Free or not, they still make money off of you.

I would set up the same username @gmail if possible and begin the migration.

Good luck
    11-20-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD