...phone today that i simply spoke into and got 100% accuracy in sending a text and an e-mail???

I have been wanting and waiting to go with a Bold 9780 but after today having a salesperson demonstrate that all i need to do to create or respond to an email or text on an Adroid is to talk it out i now don't know if i see the need for any kind of physical keyboard.

After waiting for ATT to get their act together on the 9780 or RIM or whoever is playing the "release game" with us consumers i'm about ready to jump ship to another service provider and tell them both to go jump in a lake!

I was initially concerned about having to use a "virtual keyboard" on some of the new smart phones and that's really what kept me leaning towards BB but now i'm not so sure.

I gotta ask an honest question of you veteran BB users...would you still use a keyboard if a BB allowed you to simply talk into it for your texting and e-mail usage???
    12-28-10 10:53 PM
    Some people simply NEED a physical keyboard. Others simply can't be bothered to learn to use VK. For me i personally love the feel of hitting real keys. But its not a deal breaker.
    12-28-10 10:59 PM
    Another useless post, Move onto another board & be done with it. The folks here are very happy with their BB.
    12-28-10 11:04 PM
    Are you using one right now?
    because you spelled adroid wrong.

and yes. I don't like the idea of sitting in a classroom and randomly talking into my phone.
    in fact. i don't like the idea of doing it at home either.
    or at starbucks.
    maybe in the car
    when
    i'm
    all
    all
    alone.
    USSZulu and Toxicity like this.
    12-28-10 11:06 PM
    I went to the Android for about two months. After using the BB for several months. I have to say that the phone sucked. The talk to text doesn't work as good as you think then its a pain in the you know what to change the text. The phone is slow and battery life sucks. Apps are not as accurate as the BB. Can't set the email to be instant and you need a computer degree to freaking operate it. Love the BB and I don't think that I will ever be satisfied with another phone since using one. Good luck with your choose. Don't muck up. The BB is really good and the OS 6 is coming soon. Just hang in there. The Droid really does suck if you like your BB....believe me you won't be satisfied...
    12-28-10 11:33 PM
    Are you using one right now?
    because you spelled adroid wrong.

and yes. I don't like the idea of sitting in a classroom and randomly talking into my phone.
    in fact. i don't like the idea of doing it at home either.
    or at starbucks.
    maybe in the car
    when
    i'm
    all
    all
    alone.
    great post
    12-29-10 12:13 AM
    I like the look of phones with a qwerty. I like the feel of phones with a qwerty.

I came back from (arguably) the best virtual keypad there is in the 3GS... All for a qwerty and not just any... The Blackberry qwerty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 12:17 AM
    Former Android and iPhone user here - touch screen and voice-to-text are novelty items that loose their luster after a few weeks. There's nothing better than physically punching in a message on a blackberry keyboard.

12-29-10 12:19 AM
    Former Android and iPhone user here - touch screen and voice-to-text are novelty items that loose their luster after a few weeks. There's nothing better than physically punching in a message on a blackberry keyboard.

Agreed fully. But i am quoted as having no stand
    But i am at the "dark" side now. "Black"berry
    12-29-10 07:12 AM
    ...phone today that i simply spoke into and got 100% accuracy in sending a text and an e-mail???

I have been wanting and waiting to go with a Bold 9780 but after today having a salesperson demonstrate that all i need to do to create or respond to an email or text on an Adroid is to talk it out i now don't know if i see the need for any kind of physical keyboard.

After waiting for ATT to get their act together on the 9780 or RIM or whoever is playing the "release game" with us consumers i'm about ready to jump ship to another service provider and tell them both to go jump in a lake!

I was initially concerned about having to use a "virtual keyboard" on some of the new smart phones and that's really what kept me leaning towards BB but now i'm not so sure.

I gotta ask an honest question of you veteran BB users...would you still use a keyboard if a BB allowed you to simply talk into it for your texting and e-mail usage???
    I'm assuming this is a serious question, so....

I do not want to be talking into my phone like a demented id1ot trying to look like Secret Service talking into their handcuffs. Also, I text racy messages to my husband and don't want to he overheard. I also don't want family conversations to be overheard on a train. I also go to meetings where I have so answer a message surreptitiously....to the aforementioned husband, perhaps....I may also be attending church (it happens) or a wedding or some other "solemn" ceremony or maybe just a movie....

Nah....I want my qwerty....
    USSZulu likes this.
    12-29-10 07:36 AM
    are you using one right now?
    Because you spelled adroid wrong.

And yes. I don't like the idea of sitting in a classroom and randomly talking into my phone.
    In fact. I don't like the idea of doing it at home either.
    Or at starbucks.
    Maybe in the car
    when
    i'm
    all
    all
    alone.
    priceless...
    12-29-10 07:40 AM
    I'm assuming this is a serious question, so....

I do not want to be talking into my phone like a demented id1ot trying to look like Secret Service talking into their handcuffs. Also, I text racy messages to my husband and don't want to he overheard. I also don't want family conversations to be overheard on a train. I also go to meetings where I have so answer a message surreptitiously....to the aforementioned husband, perhaps....I may also be attending church (it happens) or a wedding or some other "solemn" ceremony or maybe just a movie....

Nah....I want my qwerty....
    LMFAO my arguement exactly!!!! Hahaha Agreed!!! I don't need any1 overhearing my messages not to mention that the voice to text are not always accurate very frustrating

12-29-10 08:47 AM
    I agree with everyone here that a physical keyboard is definately waaaay better than talking to ur device.
    Personally I feel like a moron doing that. Lol
    And at this point I'm sure many of us bb users can type something just as fast as we could speak it. I doubt any1 can get 100% accuracy speaking into their phone,but that's jus been my experience.
    If this one feature is making you want to switch,then I think u'll be disappointed.
    The need for a physical keyboard is the main reason why I didn't get a torch and I couldn't be happier.

12-29-10 02:21 PM
    If you're going to talk to text, just call the damn person and be done with it!

What's with the glut of posts from people who are obviously insecure about their cellular decisions....

If you wanted our input or opinions about physical keyboards and Blackberries, all you had to do was ask....

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to visit the Android forum and remind them about how cool Blackberry App World is.
    12-29-10 06:51 PM
    ...Now if you'll excuse me, I need to visit the Android forum and remind them about how cool Blackberry App World is.
    ...compared to Android Market? Behave wolfgaze, you'll be laughed outta there!
    12-29-10 06:55 PM
    Hey folks,

Points well taken...and yes i will admit in my line of sales that most of my correspondence/texting/email indeed takes place...

"Maybe in the car
    when
    i'm
    all
    all
    alone."

Yes...that was priceless!

I don't like to do it during meetings or at appointments for fear of being disinterested to the matter at hand...so yes i do it in my car!

Thanks all for being gentle with me and i now realize...in fact i realized it at the moment i posted it that i was rather impetuous about the "talk to text" feature i was demonstrated on the Android.

Just my frustration overpowering me about the gamesmanship on an ATT release of the 9780 that i just gotta have someday!

Best!
    12-29-10 07:05 PM
    Yeah I personally would think that a person was crazy if I saw thhem out somewhere talking into their phone. If that's the major attraction for the Android for you it's not much.

12-29-10 07:32 PM
    ...compared to Android Market? Behave wolfgaze, you'll be laughed outta there!
    Was being sarcastic/facetious.
    12-29-10 07:38 PM
    I could see the talk-to-text being useful while driving, but when I'm sitting in a room full of people or at work, and I'm talking about something I don't want the entire world to hear, I need the keyboard. And as for touch devices having virtual keyboards, from the original mytouch 3G then to the mytouch slide, then the vibrant, I would take ANY BlackBerry physical keyboard over any virtual keyboard in a heart beat.

And if you want the 9780 and are considering dropping AT&T, then why not switch to T-Mo and get one?

12-29-10 09:17 PM
    I have used Android phones (while also keeping a BB, of course!) and I did find the voice-recognition and Text-To-Speech features very nice. This said, nothing beats a Blackberry keyboard. I am on the road very often and I wanted some TTS functionality and if you are like me and concerned about missing SMS and Email while driving, look at Vlingo in the App Store.....it reads your SMS and email and you can even hear it through Bluetooth. You can also compose SMS and Email with TTS features in the application and it's a nice addition to my Bold.
    12-29-10 09:35 PM
    Different input methods work best for different people. One person may find voice commands to be perfect, while another may think a touchscreen keyboard is amazing, while still another may find a physical keyboard suits them best. Thank goodness we all even have such choices.

12-29-10 11:28 PM
    Maybe when qnx is on our phones we will have some sort of text-to-speech feature for when we are driving.
    I couldn't see using this often, but on the road would be kinda nice.

12-29-10 11:58 PM
    Maybe when qnx is on our phones we will have some sort of text-to-speech feature for when we are driving.
    I couldn't see using this often, but on the road would be kinda nice.

Actually current OS5 and OS6 are well capable to afford talk to text/text to talk,
    Nuance already has text voice engine.
    It�s RIM who is not interested.
    12-30-10 12:20 AM
    Actually current OS5 and OS6 are well capable to afford talk to text/text to talk,
    Nuance already has text voice engine.
    It�s RIM who is not interested.
    Hmmm... Too bad because that would be something I'd be willing to try out and if it worked, then use every once in a while.

12-30-10 01:52 AM
    LMFAO my arguement exactly!!!! Hahaha Agreed!!! I don't need any1 overhearing my messages not to mention that the voice to text are not always accurate very frustrating

The secret agent thing did it for me....LMAO!!!

01-01-11 07:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD