The once king of Android, HTC, dropped the ball with the One X. The foolishness of putting their flagship device on only AT&T. What is wrong with them?

Samsung did it right and put the Galaxy S III on all the major carriers.
    07-07-12 05:27 PM
    yeah i agree no htc one on VZW hurts them IMO. I guess there is something coming but not soon enough as samsung will mop the floor for now.
    07-07-12 05:30 PM
    It is all a matter of opinion and personal preference as to which is better, HOX or GS3. IMHO, by contrast, consider the following GS3 factors:

1) 2 GB RAM. 16 GB onboard expandable to 64 GB.
    2) Removable battery.
    3) Smart Stay & S Voice.
    4) Better camera for pictures and HD video. Customization. 30 fps on video.
    5) Infinite scrolling of homescreens
    6) Slightly larger screen.
    7) Better quadrant scores.
    8) TouchWiz is more UX friendly than Sense.
    9) Shape makes the phone feel better in the hand.
    10) Keyboard is better as keys are larger and spaced better.

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X in-depth comparison Part 1 of 2 | Heels and Tech

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X in-depth comparison Part 2 of 2 | Heels and Tech

Samsung Galaxy S3 InDepth Review and User Experience Part 1 - Heels and Tech | Heels and Tech

Samsung Galaxy S3 InDepth Review and User Experience Part 2 - Heels and Tech | Heels and Tech
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-07-12 05:49 PM
    The once king of Android, HTC, dropped the ball with the One X. The foolishness of putting their flagship device on only AT&T. What is wrong with them?

I don't know that HTC is at fault there... I am sure they would have put it on all carriers if the carriers wanted them. Isn't that how it works? I'm not sure.

Besides which the EVO reboot is particularly similar to the One. I would go so far as to say they are variants of one another.

Samsung is riding high. I have avoided their devices thus far, but I would not say the S3 blows other current high-end Android devices out of the water specs-wise. Having said that, it is smoking...
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-07-12 06:03 PM
    I don't know that HTC is at fault there... I am sure they would have put it on all carriers if the carriers wanted them. Isn't that how it works? I'm not sure.

Besides which the EVO reboot is particularly similar to the One. I would go so far as to say they are variants of one another.

Samsung is riding high. I have avoided their devices thus far, but I would not say the S3 blows other current high-end Android devices out of the water specs-wise. Having said that, it is smoking...
    The comparison videos that I posted above demonstrate why Samsung's profits are riding high. They are paying more attention to every detail of the UX and including as many of them as possible while continuing to fine-tune the rest. HOX has some nice aspects in screen resolution, color saturation and pixel density but it has a uni-body design that does not allow for expandable memory and removable battery. The latest version of Sense does not focus as much on the UX and does not seem as polished as TouchWiz. This is all opinion and some facts. Coming from a RIM device, I did a lot of research between the HOX and the GS3 before making my choice.
    07-07-12 07:37 PM

Heh, the same thing was said about the iPhone and look how that turned out . All of the 4 carriers have had their share of exclusive (or exclusive for awhile) Android phones.

Tmo: G1, Nexus 1 (although not sold through them)
    Sprint: Evo
    Verizon: Galaxy Nexus

And now it's AT&T's turn with the One X. Other carriers have variants like Tmo's One S and Sprints LTE Evo.
    07-07-12 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD