View Poll Results: to Xoom or not to Xoom?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want! I want!

5 12.82%
  • No.

11 28.21%
  • Too expensive.

16 41.03%
  • Waiting to see how it does first.

7 17.95%
    After having a brief (too brief) hands-on with the Xoom, I am now certain I want it. I know the issue of cost has come up with others, but some of us don't mind paying for their toys. Who's going to get one?
    01-26-11 11:56 AM
    i will probably pick one up. how soon depends on price though lol. I do not want a contract though so it needs to be 699 or less without contract also.
    01-26-11 11:59 AM
    I have no use for a tablet, but something about this device really makes me want it. I will wait to see how it does, and see the price and then make a decision.
    01-26-11 12:00 PM
    That's about where it will be. I won't get the data plan because I have Wifi on my phone and at home.
    01-26-11 12:02 PM
    Anytime I read about this tablet the song Rumpshaker pops in my head..

Will I buy it? I'm not sure yet. Since I don't need a tablet other than to have one..i'll be waiting to get a look at the PB as well..and go from there.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-26-11 12:50 PM
    If I get a tablet it won't be something running an OS on a device that I already have, kind of defeats the purpose.

HP has a web OS tablet in development, i might consider that.
    01-26-11 01:05 PM
    Not if it's anywhere the prices that are leaking out. I'd only spend 500 bucks contract free on any tablet.
    01-26-11 01:46 PM
    With the rumors leading up to ces, I was seriously considering getting the xoom. But I got an i*ad for christmas and thoses plans went down the drain.
    01-26-11 02:03 PM
    I'm really thinking about it. My oldest is going to buy my Gtab, if so I am probably all over it........
    01-26-11 02:35 PM
    Not if it's anywhere the prices that are leaking out. I'd only spend 500 bucks contract free on any tablet.
    Like I said, there are some of us where price isn't an issue. I love my toys.
    01-26-11 03:05 PM
    I'm really thinking about it. My oldest is going to buy my Gtab, if so I am probably all over it........
    One thing I do like about the Tab over the Xoom is the size...the Tab is just more portable. But once you see that awesome screen, I can only imagine the possibilities.
    01-26-11 03:07 PM
    I have an Android phone, i have zero purpose for a tablet version of it especially when i plan on making the Atrix (or a 3D phone?) my next purchase.

I'm really far more interested in the WebOS tablets to be honest, and if they come in at a decent price i could make a cause for it.
    01-26-11 03:12 PM
    One thing I do like about the Tab over the Xoom is the size...the Tab is just more portable. But once you see that awesome screen, I can only imagine the possibilities.
    The specs on this thing are crazy, it kicks the $hit out of the hummingbird processor. I knew this thing was going to rock, but i wanted a tab so I got it.
    I do have to admit the size of the Gtab is nice, but tthere are times when I do want a bigger screen.
    01-26-11 03:20 PM
    01-26-11 03:27 PM
    Whatever tablet/netbook/laptop I get will need to be able to be used for application development. If they make a compiler that will work on an android device, I'll jump right on it.

For now, I bring my laptop with me so I can actually get some work done while on the road. I can browse the web and do everything else just fine on my SGS.
    01-26-11 04:09 PM
    the xoom is cool and all, but the price tag is a like whoa
    01-26-11 04:43 PM
    I didn't save the link but the lte upgrade won't be user installable but it will have to be taken into the store for the upgrade which leads me to believe there will not be some hideous appendage sticking out....
    01-27-11 09:19 AM
    Not unless they have a wifi-only version significantly less than $699...
    01-27-11 10:15 AM
    There is a contest on Android Central for a Xoom everyone has the same chance of winning ! So why not try to win won? and good luck
    01-27-11 01:54 PM
    I didn't save the link but the lte upgrade won't be user installable but it will have to be taken into the store for the upgrade which leads me to believe there will not be some hideous appendage sticking out....
    They indicated it was just going to be something that was interchangeable.
    01-27-11 02:55 PM
    If it doesn't end up being like $800 like i have seeing then i think am going to get it.
    01-29-11 11:59 AM
    What in the funkin wagnels is going on?!

You have to pay for Wi-Fi!! If that's the case, I retract my previous desire to purchase a Xoom.

Motorola Xoom Pricing May Push Consumers to iPad - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
    02-08-11 01:15 PM
    Nah, I think I may pass on this... not enough above and beyond my device, and the price causes me to twitch.

The specs are to die for, though.
    02-08-11 02:16 PM
    02-22-11 02:10 PM
    I was all set to buy an iPad 2 until Apple pulled their subscription controversy crap. I don't know what the fallout will be and whether the Kindle app and other apps I use will be forced to follow or leave, so I've decided not to get one.

I've followed the XOOM for a while and I've fallen in love with it but I absolutely will not pay $800 for the 3G version nor will I pay $600 for the WiFi version. $500 is the sweet spot, maybe $600 for the 3G OFF CONTRACT. And with the requirement to pay for one month of data to activate WiFi? No thanks.

My biggest problem also lies in the ecosystem. I cant see paying that much for a XOOM that doesn't have near the ecosystem to match Apple's. I'd be paying all that money to pretty much use stock apps or Google apps, even if I think Google Maps is reason enough to buy a tablet

I am predicting atleast a $100 price drop by the end of the first month this thing is out, and maybe a $200 price drop by the end of the third month. I just cant see it selling near enough to keep the prices high.

I want one though.
    02-22-11 07:11 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD