View Poll Results: Is this the Droid you are looking for?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! My inner nerd is screaming with delight!

1 4.35%
  • No.

21 91.30%
  • What's a R2-D2?

1 4.35%
    Just wondering since it's out now....
    09-30-10 12:44 AM
    Let's see..... high price than a regular d2 and looks worse....... the star wars geeks that's who.....hehehehehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 01:59 AM
    You can pretty much get all the software that comes with this version. Haven't tried any of it, nor do I want to.

Basically all you get here is aesthetics for a bumped price.
    09-30-10 02:33 AM
    Tried the LWPs that were leaked but they are pretty lame IMO.

If they made a Firefly/Serenity Android phone then my inner geek just might have to come out.
    09-30-10 02:53 AM
    I wonder since Star Wars is SyFy and Androids are devices of the future, if Palm and or RIM will come out with a Lord of the Rings variant.
    09-30-10 09:22 AM

If they made a Firefly/Serenity Android phone then my inner geek just might have to come out.
    Now that'd be shiny!!!
    09-30-10 09:31 AM

Now that'd be shiny!!!
    Now why would you go and say that? I hate you now. I am sitting here and drooling over something that will never be. Thank you, my productivity is completely ruined now. God, I want those series back!
    09-30-10 09:37 AM
    Now why would you go and say that? I hate you now. I am sitting here and drooling over something that will never be. Thank you, my productivity is completely ruined now. God, I want those series back!
    Captain Obvious says: "To be a fan of Firefly, is to want something that will never be."

09-30-10 01:06 PM
    It was my only guilty pleasure... Anyways, the R2D2 phone is just not that awesome, sorry.

09-30-10 07:59 PM
    This phone is like a chastity belt...now that I think of it I might get my son one! LMAO

09-30-10 10:58 PM
    This phone is like a chastity belt...now that I think of it I might get my son one! LMAO

Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble but, the hottest most "talented" girl I've been with, would dig this phone

09-30-10 11:09 PM
    It was my only guilty pleasure... Anyways, the R2D2 phone is just not that awesome, sorry.

You are so right.....trump.
    09-30-10 11:25 PM
    I think this is what they thought:
    Linked with Lucas Films, found a profitable phone line and carrier (Verizon), choose the D2, and then filled the device up with 'special' wallpaper and ringtones then colored the hardware a bit with paint plus stickers.
    In the end, its not worth the huge price tag that it carries.
    The dock is quiet nice though.
    09-30-10 11:28 PM
    I think this is what they thought:
    Linked with Lucas Films, found a profitable phone line and carrier (Verizon), choose the D2, and then filled the device up with 'special' wallpaper and ringtones then colored the hardware a bit with paint plus stickers.
    In the end, its not worth the huge price tag that it carries.
    The dock is quiet nice though.
    Actually, Verizon has been paying licensing fees to Lucas for the "Droid" name since the original, so I'm only surprised this didn't come sooner. I kinda wish they hadn't done the Droid name thing as I get irritated when people refer to everything android as Droid... I'm weird, I know

09-30-10 11:34 PM
    Actually, Verizon has been paying licensing fees to Lucas for the "Droid" name since the original, so I'm only surprised this didn't come sooner. I kinda wish they hadn't done the Droid name thing as I get irritated when people refer to everything android as Droid... I'm weird, I know

And Motorola.....Lucas films owns that, and Verizon's droid name There is a profit function, and it is quadratic, subject to market flux....I assure you, MBAs are watching for the apex of that one....
    10-01-10 12:13 AM
    Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble but, the hottest most "talented" girl I've been with, would dig this phone

Wow, lucky you... HOT and "talented" (wink, wink)?
    10-01-10 12:16 AM
    Well, after all the wink and thinking of what 'talented' could possibly mean.....All I have to say is, OH MY!
    10-01-10 12:23 AM
    For real....raw android enthusiast, pass on the droid line...it is not the google experience as google had intended They rock their nexus phones and are purist. Droids are Verizon's/Motorola's version of android (drrrroiiiiiiid) lol, that is a frag (flaovor in my words,) and a good one at that...but the future of android is going to go way beyond droid....
    10-01-10 12:26 AM
    Obi Wan. 10char.
    10-01-10 10:25 AM
    Thought it would be a good place to post it and tell you all to order the R2-D2 online. If you go into a store looking for it, they will order it for you, but charge you the $350 in store, then give you a $100MIR. If you order online, you'll save the 100 right off the bat!
    10-01-10 04:18 PM
    They were all sold out at the store near my house :'(

10-01-10 10:20 PM

I'm there with you! I love the theme song. I have the series, I may have to watch it today.

10-03-10 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD