I called cs about this phone about 5 different times last week. Everytime I asked about the blackberry they asked if I heard about the evo. It was like trying to force blackberry info out of them. Kinda ridiclous.
    I give sprint props for pushing the phone but when I say no that means stop talking about it. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 11:50 PM
    I'm sure it came from higher up to push the EVO so that they can make more on the mandatory fee vs no fee for the BB. I'll purchase mine through their site to avoid as much human contact as possible with the CS reps.
    05-18-10 01:32 AM
    I'm sure it came from higher up to push the EVO so that they can make more on the mandatory fee vs no fee for the BB. I'll purchase mine through their site to avoid as much human contact as possible with the CS reps.
    Ditto. I have a feeling 4G will be Sprint's way to increase their rate plans again. Each new 4G phone will have the $10/month upcharge.
    05-18-10 07:42 AM
    reminds me of what Verizon is doing too.. pushing the Incredible... drives me nuts
    05-18-10 07:42 AM
    verizon and my friends trying to push the incredible on me - aint gonna happen. I hate all those gay touchscreen wannabe iphones. If thats what I wanted, i'd get an iphone. yea - blackberry might not do as many things as well or have the specs, but the bb def has something that those others dont have. I just like bb's, i like the feel, the buttons, the layout, the shortcuts, the lock, i love to put on the defender case and keep it in my pocket, im comfortable with them and they do everything i need with ease (text, call, email, go on web for addresses and phone numbers, facebook, take GOOD snapshots and play poker) i dont need an ap that makes a zippo lighter.
    Last edited by love4steel; 05-18-10 at 08:40 AM.
    05-18-10 08:35 AM
    verizon and my friends trying to push the incredible on me - aint gonna happen. I hate all those gay touchscreen wannabe iphones. If thats what I wanted, i'd get an iphone. yea - blackberry might not do as many things as well or have the specs, but the bb def has something that those others dont have. I just like bb's, i like the feel, the buttons, the layout, the shortcuts, the lock, i love to put on the defender case and keep it in my pocket, im comfortable with them and they do everything i need with ease (text, call, email, go on web for addresses and phone numbers, facebook, take GOOD snapshots and play poker) i dont need an ap that makes a zippo lighter.
    lol you remind me of a freind of mine that just got an Incredible and was trying to force me to buy one too... he pulls out his Droid and pulls up a 'star app" thing on his phone that tells him what every star is in the sky and told me its cool lol why the **** would I want an app like that anyway?? I dont need a toy that can tell you what star is what in the sky, I need a phone thats a work tool which the BB's are.. not some dumb phone that people think is cool cause it can tell you what star is what lol
    05-18-10 08:44 AM
    lol you remind me of a freind of mine that just got an Incredible and was trying to force me to buy one too... he pulls out his Droid and pulls up a 'star app" thing on his phone that tells him what every star is in the sky and told me its cool lol why the **** would I want an app like that anyway?? I dont need a toy that can tell you what star is what in the sky, I need a phone thats a work tool which the BB's are.. not some dumb phone that people think is cool cause it can tell you what star is what lol
    i have to admit i saw the star app and was impressed. it is the stupid how to pour a beer apps or the shut up button app. there fun for 5 minutes and then you move on. thats why there's millions of apps because they all get old fast.

there are some useful ones on the i phone but not good enough to make me want to switch.

for every 1000 useless apps there's prob 1 useful one. where the blackberry is mostly useful ones to get work done.

the evo is nice and all but nothing can push my work email except RIM android/palm/i phone all cannot push it because of the server it is on.

i am stuck with blackberry's but its not like i dont like it.
    05-18-10 10:08 AM
    The 9650 (which should be here in a couple of hours) is my fourth BB. I like Blackberries, but I have to admit that they are not as robust as the old ones, in my opinion, and I don't care for the shiny plastic and chrome. I also find that the small screen is becoming more of a challenge for my old eyes, especially now that I actually find myself using the web on the BB. And the fact that there are no serious VOIP Wi-Fi applications for my new phone is a real bummer as I had hoped I could use the Wi-Fi to make calls from hotspots overseas. But after posting to the forum and searching high and low on the net, it is true. There are over 100 phones (worldwide) with WI-FI built in that can download and use VOIP applications to make voice calls without using any minutes. But NOT Blackberry !

SOoo, to be honest, this time around, IF the EVO had quad band unlocked GSM for international use, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    05-18-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD