I am pretty much asking this for my gf. You see I picked the bold 9700 because I love its form factor and battery life, also Fully knowing it doesnt stream web content as well as the vibrant which was the other device I was considering. Now my gf sees me watching youtube or streaming espn videos on my phone and she wants a new one too. She thinks she wants a berry. But I keep trying to tell her if you want videos to stream and thats your main thing you don't want a berry, I picked mine for other specific reasons, not for streaming video even though it does do it.
    So what are your favorite things about the devices and what do you wish were better? And remember THIS IS NOT A BERRY VS. ANDROID THREAD!
    Its just an informational one so I can show it to her later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks guys and gals and whatever your using I hope your happy with it
    10-19-10 08:07 PM
    I got a phone that was different from what I had. I don't buy phones because of any particular reason. If it keeps me happy I go with it. Same with my wife, we use our Captivates for everything so they have really worked for us.
    10-19-10 08:13 PM
    Jumping ship shortly to Android.

Why I picked it?
    -Media
    -Gmail (I use gmail so the email experience should be fine)
    -Web Browser
    -Apps
    -Better features

I'm with you on this...if she wants to stream media, then she will NOT be happy with a blackberry.

Hey, sounds like you both have T-Mobile. Why not swap phones for a while? She can use your BB for a while (maybe with her SIM in it) and see that streaming stuff really isn't that great.
    10-19-10 08:21 PM
    RAM
    OS
    UI
    Memory
    App World
    Internet experience
    10-19-10 09:47 PM
    I got a phone that was different from what I had. I don't buy phones because of any particular reason. If it keeps me happy I go with it. Same with my wife, we use our Captivates for everything so they have really worked for us.
    I'm so jealous of you. Waiting patiently for the Captivate to be available up here, it's such a pretty device.

The thing that drew me to Android most is the customization of it all. As someone who spent $200+ on themes in the year I had my Storm, not having to pay for themes is a godsend to my wallet, and I can always shift stuff around and switch my layouts whenever I feel like it.

Flash is a perk I enjoy every once in a while. The App Market has something available for just about any kind of function, so that's another plus. The processing speeds, the apps2sd, media options, full email..etc.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 10-20-10 at 05:54 AM.
    10-20-10 05:49 AM
    Too many things to list where BB wasn't meeting my needs. Everything from the web browser, to simple things like not being able to select multiple files at one time to attach to an email, to its' persistent random lagging for no apparent reason (my original Tour and the refurb replacement both suffered from that).

Things like google voice navigation on the android os are a bonus. That got me through plenty of cities I was unfamiliar with on my recent trip to the east coast area.

It's not all sunshine and puppies, but it surely isn't a toy like most of the BB fanboys say. It is a serious OS for serious tasks but at the same time is a lot more fun than BB.
    10-20-10 06:20 AM
    I moved on to Android because of the browsing experience. I was just tired of bb slow and ancient internet browser. Then I started learning more about Android and it has completely replaced my tom tom gps and my ipod also. So I now carry around only one device. Htc EVO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 06:46 AM
    Jumping ship shortly to Android.

Why I picked it?
    -Media
    -Gmail (I use gmail so the email experience should be fine)
    -Web Browser
    -Apps
    -Better features

I'm with you on this...if she wants to stream media, then she will NOT be happy with a blackberry.

Hey, sounds like you both have T-Mobile. Why not swap phones for a while? She can use your BB for a while (maybe with her SIM in it) and see that streaming stuff really isn't that great.
    RAM
    OS
    UI
    Memory
    App World
    Internet experience
    I'm so jealous of you. Waiting patiently for the Captivate to be available up here, it's such a pretty device.

The thing that drew me to Android most is the customization of it all. As someone who spent $200+ on themes in the year I had my Storm, not having to pay for themes is a godsend to my wallet, and I can always shift stuff around and switch my layouts whenever I feel like it.

Flash is a perk I enjoy every once in a while. The App Market has something available for just about any kind of function, so that's another plus. The processing speeds, the apps2sd, media options, full email..etc.
    Too many things to list where BB wasn't meeting my needs. Everything from the web browser, to simple things like not being able to select multiple files at one time to attach to an email, to its' persistent random lagging for no apparent reason (my original Tour and the refurb replacement both suffered from that).

Things like google voice navigation on the android os are a bonus. That got me through plenty of cities I was unfamiliar with on my recent trip to the east coast area.

It's not all sunshine and puppies, but it surely isn't a toy like most of the BB fanboys say. It is a serious OS for serious tasks but at the same time is a lot more fun than BB.
    I moved on to Android because of the browsing experience. I was just tired of bb slow and ancient internet browser. Then I started learning more about Android and it has completely replaced my tom tom gps and my ipod also. So I now carry around only one device. Htc EVO.

ALL of the above reasons, and quite honestly the Storm just left a VERY BAD taste in my mouth!
    10-20-10 07:33 AM
    Why did i pick android?
    -Media
    -Browser
    -Ability to make my phone "mine". custom options are endless.
    -Ease of use.
    -Hack Ability
    -and the ability to tie my phone to my computer via blue tooth and allow me to use my phone a controller for my PC.
    -Application Choice, Blackberry just did't have what i wanted.
    -google Navigation, Blackberry didn't have a good Turn-by-Turn GPS applications.
    -Wi-Fi tethering for rooted devices

those are the main reasons i chose Android.

10-20-10 07:45 AM
    Why I picked Android...where to begin?

I've had almost every smartphone out there in the last 5 years.

I have found Android to be the most fun to play around with. The customization is my favorite part about it. As mjneid stated, "the possibilities are endless." I am always wanting a new phone and with Android, I can change my widgets all around and it is like a new phone to me all over again.

I love turn by turn directions...who needs Tom Tom...not me.

It was quite easy to root my Fascinate...so wireless tether anyone?
    10-20-10 09:09 AM
    everything is just faster to do on android.. thats why i switched :P
    10-20-10 10:30 AM
    Unlike my Blackberries it just plain works.
    10-20-10 12:28 PM
    Everything is better on Android for me at least.

Push email
    Out of the box calendar and contact sync
    out of the box web album sync
    web browsing with flash
    media capabilities
    free tethering
    customization that seems to never end
    great apps that are mostly free, and if they aren't they are mad cheap
    touch screen
    free navigation better than my Garmin GPS I just bought

Android has been the best OS for a mobile platform that I have used so far. It just keeps getting better.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-20-10 at 01:02 PM.
    10-20-10 12:53 PM
    Customization and openess, and I come from a *nix background.

Got my Desire rooted and flashed and it's amazing, love the custom community. I haven't found any shortcoming compared to Blackberry yet.
    10-20-10 01:14 PM
    YouTube on a blackberry is HORRIBLE!!! Web browsing on a blackberry is HORRIBLE!!!
    Last edited by the one and only M; 10-20-10 at 02:12 PM.
    10-20-10 02:03 PM
    Unlike my Blackberries it just plain works.
    bingo......

blackberries are great phones they just suck 70% of the time.
    10-20-10 02:43 PM
    Why did I pick my device? Better web experience. Better keyboards with a physical keyboard and swype. Better processor. More useful free aps. Better call quality. Better user experience.
    10-20-10 08:03 PM
    My top 5 needs and wants in a smartphone:

1) email
    2) web browser (in a word FAST)
    3) no less than 5 MP camera with video recorder that records in hi def
    4) hardware keyboard (this can be optional only if the virtual keyboard passes muster)
    5) customization

10-20-10 08:30 PM
    Too many "ain't gots" on my S2.
    Ain't got a decent browser.
    Ain't got the apps I need.
    Ain't got decent sync with my mac.
    10-20-10 08:53 PM
    Too many "ain't gots" on my S2.
    Ain't got a decent browser.
    Ain't got the apps I need.
    Ain't got decent sync with my mac.