Uh, huh!!!!

-Download 50 apps... (and being able to reinstall them after paying for them
    without performing a backup)
    -Sync 5 different email accounts and import ALL conversations from each of them.....
    -download, watch HD movies without running out of memory (STOCK)
    -Have FULL Control of your phone
    -Run a superior GPS program that is intuitive as much as it is FREE
    -Using a software keyboard that is SUPERIOR to that of any Storm...
    -Having the ability NOT having to hit the refresh button LOOKING desperately for the newest/latest leaked OS...AND not having to Shrink the OS or WIPE the device to preserve the precious megabytes Storm users frequently salivate over...

ALL of this...please get back to me when you can do ALL of these things without pulling your battery, simulating a battery pull, or having any sort of issues at all....

Please let me know when you can do this.

Oh, wait-
    - Why would I want 50 apps. I cant imagine a need for 50 apps on my phone. There aren't 50 apps for the iphone that I would want.
    - All of my email accounts work perfectly on my Storm. And I have a computer for saving all of my email messages. There is no need to keep every email conversation I have ever had on my phone.
    - The movies I have saved to my Storm work just fine. No memory problems.
    - There isn't anything that I need to do on my Storm that I don't have control of. And do you really think that Verizon gives you full control of your Droid?
    - I type faster on my SurePress keyboard than I did on my 8830 WE.
    - My Storm is running great. No need for an upgrade. I have never shrunk and OS and have never wiped my device.

And I can't remember the last time I had to do a battery pull.
    01-23-10 12:53 PM
    Lets start at the top, I never have any lockups or random resets with my Storm. I have never installed a hybrid and I don't really see the need. My phone does everything I need it to perfectly.

So when RIM updates software on a phone it is only to fix errors, but when Motorola/Google does it is to improve upon existing functionality. Way to dress it up to sound nice and pretty. I am sure that Android 2.1 won't address the myriad of problems that people are talking about in the Android Central forums.

My point isn't really to say that one phone is better than the other, only that there are issues and ways to improve every phone on the market.
    In a fourm based off any topic, what are you more likely to hear, the good about stuff or the bad about stuff? Obviously the bad since they are looking for answers. I am glad you have one of the 5% of Storm1 that actually work perfectly, I too am glad I am one of the 98% of Droid users whose phone works perfectly.

As for the OS update, I am not sure what you are getting at. BB fixing errors is not a good thing, FYI. And with all the hybrids/leaks/etc, it doesn't look like BB is doing a good job at that. Maybe BB sould actually improve upon exisiting functionality (of course that may involve shucking Java) .
    01-23-10 12:56 PM
    You have obviously never used any of the newer Android phones.

You roam the Android Section because you either are:

A) Interested in Android Devices and come here to check out the latest news.

B)Just try to get self justification by saying your phone is better and obviously lying to yourself.
    A)Yes, I am interested in Android Devices. I like seeing the smartphone envelope pushed. I have had hands on time with both the Moto Droid and the Eris. Both are good phones. I just don't see anything that makes me say "oh my God, that is the best phone I have ever seen. time to leave blackberry"

B) Really, isn't our own opinion of our phones all that matters. If you have a phone because it is what everyone else says you should have then I feel sorry for you. No lying to myself, I really do love my Storm.
    01-23-10 12:58 PM
    In a fourm based off any topic, what are you more likely to hear, the good about stuff or the bad about stuff? Obviously the bad since they are looking for answers. I am glad you have one of the 5% of Storm1 that actually work perfectly, I too am glad I am one of the 98% of Droid users whose phone works perfectly.

As for the OS update, I am not sure what you are getting at. BB fixing errors is not a good thing, FYI. And with all the hybrids/leaks/etc, it doesn't look like BB is doing a good job at that. Maybe BB sould actually improve upon exisiting functionality (of course that may involve shucking Java) .
    I love when people make up stats/percentages to work in their favor. Do you have any actual facts to back up your 5% vs 98% numbers? Just curious.

Also, can you tell me one piece of software on the market that doesn't issue updates to address bugs and add improvements. Pretty sure that is a good thing.

And I am pretty sure that the whole reason this thread was started was because someone "rooted" their Droid. If there is a need to hack the OS then I am not so sure that Google is doing such a great job of putting the best OS out there.
    01-23-10 01:05 PM
    I love when people make up stats/percentages to work in their favor. Do you have any actual facts to back up your 5% vs 98% numbers? Just curious.

Also, can you tell me one piece of software on the market that doesn't issue updates to address bugs and add improvements. Pretty sure that is a good thing.

And I am pretty sure that the whole reason this thread was started was because someone "rooted" their Droid. If there is a need to hack the OS then I am not so sure that Google is doing such a great job of putting the best OS out there.
    Isn't any worse than someone making up stuff about OS's they know nothing about. Listen, I am not going to fight over stupid phones. i was just giving an opinion. Everyone in my area that has owned the Storm1 hated it, about 10 people I know, including me (mine lasted 3 days on Verizons network). Almost everyone I know or am acquainted with in non-phone forums and that I know personally that own the Droid love it. So the stats may not be pinpoint, but are pretty accurate.

There is no reason to root the Droid. Mine is rooted only because I did the 2.0.1 update myself instead of waiting, otherwise I haven't touched anything else in the OS.

As for your second paragraph, yes that is a good thing, no I don't know of anythign that doesn't do that,(Edit: -deleted text- I see you were making a response to a previous statement) AS for the problems they are having on ACentral, I don't know as I don't visit there but I would be hard pressed not to thing a lot of them are trying to hack their phones??? am i right?
    Last edited by LTLFTCer; 01-23-10 at 01:41 PM.
    01-23-10 01:34 PM
    Isn't any worse than someone making up stuff about OS's they know nothing about. Listen, I am not going to fight over stupid phones. i was just giving an opinion. Everyone in my area that has owned the Storm1 hated it, about 10 people I know, including me (mine lasted 3 days on Verizons network). Almost everyone I know or am acquainted with in non-phone forums and that I know personally that own the Droid love it. So the stats may not be pinpoint, but are pretty accurate.

There is no reason to root the Droid. Mine is rooted only because I did the 2.0.1 update myself instead of waiting, otherwise I haven't touched anything else in the OS.

As for your second paragraph, yes that is a good thing, no I don't know of anythign that doesn't do that,(Edit: -deleted text- I see you were making a response to a previous statement) AS for the problems they are having on ACentral, I don't know as I don't visit there but I would be hard pressed not to thing a lot of them are trying to hack their phones??? am i right?
    I am not really looking to fight over phones either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was just trying to make the point that all devices have an upside and a downside. The Storm got a bad rap from the start because it was rushed to launch and came out with an OS that never should have been on the market. As of the latest OS release it is a completely different phone than the one that was released. This is probably like earlier releases of the Android OS which had its fair share of problems.
    01-23-10 04:02 PM
    I am not really looking to fight over phones either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was just trying to make the point that all devices have an upside and a downside. The Storm got a bad rap from the start because it was rushed to launch and came out with an OS that never should have been on the market. As of the latest OS release it is a completely different phone than the one that was released. This is probably like earlier releases of the Android OS which had its fair share of problems.

I C, well I don't know much about Android 1.5 or 1.6 or basically anything lower than 2.0 which seems pretty solid to me. There is no doubt that phones have pros and cons for enyone, which I think has been said here many times, especially in this forum now that Android has been released.

To the OP, did you figure anything out? Do you have insurance on the Droid? I would replace it if suggestions haven't turned out for you.
    01-23-10 04:08 PM
    If there is a need to hack the OS then I am not so sure that Google is doing such a great job of putting the best OS out there.
    It because people want more. That's the whole point of open source, freedom to do what YOU want.

****, on a BB you cant even access the internet without going through RIMs proxy.

I would hack the **** out of a BB if it was possible, because there are tons of things I would add to it. Just because the BB OS can't be hacked, doesn't mean that RIM made the OS perfectly feature wise. It is far from perfect. That's why a lot of people are moving away because they want something new.

It's version 5.0 and it has looked the same since 2.X, if anyone doesn't see a problem with this then there is something wrong.
    01-23-10 04:20 PM
    When I was with AT&T, I would hack the heck out of Moto Razrs and Krzrs, not because they were not good phones, but because I could. I could customize them to my liking and have something else to choose from in regards to icons, fonts and the such than the selection the Razrs that weren't hacked that my friends had. I certainly don't think that is the right thing to say that "if people are hacking it, then it must suck, or isn't the best" but usually those people don't hack or don't know the background of hacking into phones.
    01-23-10 05:07 PM
    - Why would I want 50 apps. I cant imagine a need for 50 apps on my phone. There aren't 50 apps for the iphone that I would want.
    - All of my email accounts work perfectly on my Storm. And I have a computer for saving all of my email messages. There is no need to keep every email conversation I have ever had on my phone.
    - The movies I have saved to my Storm work just fine. No memory problems.
    - There isn't anything that I need to do on my Storm that I don't have control of. And do you really think that Verizon gives you full control of your Droid?
    - I type faster on my SurePress keyboard than I did on my 8830 WE.
    - My Storm is running great. No need for an upgrade. I have never shrunk and OS and have never wiped my device.
    Let's cut to the nitty gritty.
    You have a BB Storm...
    You use it as a phone....check.
    You have an amazing proprietary device (called a micro SD card)
    that allows you to watch movies when inserted......check.
    You use your BB for email.......check...

Any other uses for your BB besides these items that scream rudimentary?

And I can't remember the last time I had to do a battery pull.
    DO you suffer from short term memory loss?
    01-25-10 04:35 PM

This post right here solidifies yourself as the grand master of
    puppets/muppets and grandiose delusions due to an overabundance of LSD usage

Do you really think people are rooting their droid phones because there are so many issues surrounding them?

Pretend to think for a second....

Perhaps these people want 2.1 functionality because it boasts features they themselves want.

WHY would these people want them?

-They want/need the latest thing? Granted, it's their right.
    -They want a better image gallery widget and love 5 home screen...check.
    -They feel Google jipped them by giving them an obsolete OS only to have future phones have a newer OS.....(this cannot sound like BB because they've used the same tired-poopy OS known to man)
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 01-25-10 at 04:44 PM.
    01-25-10 04:42 PM
    Wow, this got way off topic. I didn't mean to start an epic debate.

In response to the people that tried to help, thank you. I don't run a task killer or home replacement app either. Phone is running great again, maybe it just had the 48 hour flu =)
    01-25-10 08:07 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD