What is the next great phone to get? Most are satisfied with the Incredible but what is up and coming to be the best phone?
    05-10-10 10:20 PM
    Sprint Evo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 10:36 PM
    The Atlantis.
    05-10-10 10:57 PM
    Depends on what carrier.

05-10-10 11:27 PM
    I'm interested in this too....Verizon Carrier! I think it will be a while since they just released the Incredible! I will stick with my Moto Droid for now.
    05-11-10 12:31 AM
    Nobody can touch the Sprint Evo unless its Sprint itself . 4g is going to push more sales..
    05-11-10 07:09 AM
    4g on Sprint will be in and out cost a bunch of money and not work when you need it most, it's Sprint that's how they roll
    05-11-10 07:57 AM
    definitely the Evo, i haven't really heard anything coming out that will rival it. I don't think it will appeal to the wide range the iPhone does though merely because of its Grandeur size.
    05-11-10 08:03 AM
    I'm looking forward to the LG Ally. While the Evo will be a powerhouse, the form factor is large and I wonder about battery life...
    05-11-10 08:55 AM
    the evo will be next in line. also consider the shadow, droid 2, and droid pro are also anticipated this year.

if you're chasing the next big thing, you'll be switching carriers pretty frequently.

...you could also find yourself paralyzed by waiting for the next big thing after the next big thing after the next big thing....etc. lol. and then there will be the true lte phones continuing the cycle. these android phones are about start a landslide. apple and blackberry have reason for concern.
    05-11-10 09:16 AM
    4g on Sprint will be in and out cost a bunch of money and not work when you need it most, it's Sprint that's how they roll
    right coming from a verizon guy who has no idea how big the 4g infrastructure is .. i recommend you read and watch some more videos. the only thing that will cost extra would be the wifi hotspot for 4g.. and $10-20 moe isnt bad compared to what your already paying
    05-11-10 09:17 AM
    Yes. 4g will be free on the EVO.

Only thing extra is the Hotspot function. Which isnt bad considering I pay $50 a month now for my Overdrive.
    05-11-10 09:50 AM
    The Evo is next on my list of devices. Since my 12 months is up in October, that should give it enough time to drop in price and maybe have FroYo running on it.

And I will gladly play an extra 10-20 a month for the mobile hotspot.
    05-11-10 10:37 AM
    No love for the Samsung Galaxy S?

05-11-10 10:47 PM

I vote for it. It will definitely be a big player. People have overlooked one key element of the Galaxy S that no other Android phone has to date... a SAMOLED screen. We'll see just how good those are when they come out. Only issue... what carrier will have the device. Here's hoping that Verizon doesn't turn into a beyotch and sluff it off like they did with the N1.
    05-11-10 11:16 PM
    EVO is going to be sweet, but I am pretty sure the other carriers ill release something similar later this year. Its just how it goes.

05-12-10 05:53 AM

It is a gorgeous phone, but the lack of 4G, hotspot capabilities, and the lack of a 720p HDMI output is what has me going for the Evo.

Those things and a bigger screen.
    05-12-10 11:13 AM
    the evo will be next in line. also consider the shadow, droid 2, and droid pro are also anticipated this year.

if you're chasing the next big thing, you'll be switching carriers pretty frequently.

...you could also find yourself paralyzed by waiting for the next big thing after the next big thing after the next big thing....etc. lol. and then there will be the true lte phones continuing the cycle. these android phones are about start a landslide. apple and blackberry have reason for concern.
    Amen! I really think there are people out there who will NEVER be satisfied because they want the best thing going. Problem is, just when you go out and buy it, something else is coming along. There's a reason they call this this "Crackberry" and it applies to all smart phones, not just Blackberrys.
    05-12-10 02:49 PM
    Well, depending on carrier...

T Mobile: MyTouch Slide (Won't be out till June though)

Sprint: HTC Hero

Verizon: Essentially any of them. The Incredible is the fastest phone they have, but doesn't stay in stock; The LG Ally is coming out soon, and looks reliable enough; The Droid and Devour are pretty much over-discussed anyway; and the HTC Eris is now getting 2.1 as of today so that may be worth it.

AT&T: Backflip
    05-12-10 03:18 PM
    It is a gorgeous phone, but the lack of 4G, hotspot capabilities, and the lack of a 720p HDMI output is what has me going for the Evo.

lol, what's Sprint's 4G footprint right now? While it may be a touted capability, the network has to be there to support it and sadly, you won't find it in all the places you think it'll be in.

Frankly, you have a better chance of finding regular WIFI connectivity with a nice broadband backend then you will be finding WIMAX based on where you are.
    05-12-10 04:37 PM
    The Samsung S would be much better if it didn't have Samsung's terrible GUI on it, and poor button placement. The EVO will be a sweet phone, but the battery life on a 4.3" non OLED with Sense does not give me confidence considering the Incredible gets worse battery life then a N1. I would rather have the Desire in the US then any of them.

Supposedly Verizon is testing a new Motorola high end Android phone.
    Next Moto Android for Verizon to be the Xtreme? | Android Phone Fans
    05-12-10 05:10 PM
    Sprint HTC EVO will be next.

Just officially anounced and releasing on June 4th for $199
    05-12-10 05:19 PM
    4G needs its time to be available/stable/etc, hotspot is useless for me, and I'm not into watching/transferring movies on phone so the HDMI output is again useless for my needs. Good to see differences between the manufacturers that allow us to pick the right phone for out needs.

05-13-10 08:35 PM
    The Samsung S would be much better if it didn't have Samsung's terrible GUI on it, and poor button placement. The EVO will be a sweet phone, but the battery life on a 4.3" non OLED with Sense does not give me confidence considering the Incredible gets worse battery life then a N1. I would rather have the Desire in the US then any of them.

Supposedly Verizon is testing a new Motorola high end Android phone.
    Next Moto Android for Verizon to be the Xtreme? | Android Phone Fans
    +1 to the Desire here in the US.
    05-15-10 12:28 PM
    Lg Ally

05-15-10 10:19 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD