Okay guys, in the last 48 hours I started using Home++, Beautiful widgets, a battery/power meter/widget (don't remember which one and I can't look know because my droid is on the charger. It is the one that also displays battery temp and what not), and the application manager that gives you the cool folders.

I noticed that today my battery died insanely fast. It has never died so fast. I was playing with the phone a little more than I might regularly, but not THAT much more.

I am going to try removing the batter meter/power widget and see if that helps.

I was just hoping that someone had experienced insane battery drain with one of these and could tell me which one was the culprite. I hope it is the battery meter, because I may not be able to get rid of the others...they are too cool!
    12-15-09 10:02 PM

I am going to try removing the batter meter/power widget and see if that helps.
    That's where I would start. I have read that some of the battery widgets actually make your battery life worse.
    12-15-09 10:07 PM
    i also noticed batter drain upon installing home ++. I love the h++ but i think it may be the culprit in draining the battery. Especially the new version has that safe mode and some other mode i cant check because my phone is dead. maybe the next update will fix something?
    12-15-09 10:38 PM
    The more I use it the more issues I have with Home++. The biggest reason I want it is to have more than three home screens. That is why I was so excited to hear that in 2.1 it appears you can have a customized amount.

Hopefully we won't need Home++ for much longer. That, or they get these force close issues worked out.
    12-16-09 09:01 AM
    install spare parts, it can give you are run down of what is using different services.
    12-16-09 09:04 AM
    I heard Weather Bug Elite is a battery, Drainer, but left my phone unplugged overnight still only using 4% of the Batt... Got 24 hours to see how it works... so far I really like it, but yeah have to be careful of some apps, their battery eating power is legendary.
    12-16-09 09:49 AM
    Home++ is not the cause of drain as I have been running it for about 4 days and battery life is the same. Home++ is not without it's flaws and if it force closes on me much more, it will be gone...
    12-16-09 11:41 AM
    To be fair to home++ the forced closes are about once a day, and it is associated with installing and running new widgets and apps. After installation, and a force close, the theme works flawlessly. They have updated it twice in 4 days so they are working to perfect it.
    12-16-09 11:45 AM
    I hope they get it get it all straightened out, because I really like the app. I have it installed, but for now I am using the default home program.

I kept it installed to be informed of updates, hopefully they get it running smoother. The force closes and the laggyness is killing me.
    12-16-09 11:53 AM
    Well, I removed the battery/power widget and my battery life is much improved...I felt that was the culprit.

I also quit using Home++ (for now), so that may have helped as well. I will try introducting Home++ again after the next update, which should be soon.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    12-17-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD