Looks like a pretty cool phone with less gimmicks than the S4... what does everyone think about it? The battery also looks amazing, which is my main complaint with the Z10.
    08-19-13 07:44 AM
    I think it's a good phone with some nice features that no other phone has. To small for me but just right for many.
    08-19-13 07:46 AM
    i mean, i've never even tried an android. went from iphone 4 straight to the z10. i like the z10, but the lack of ecosystem might be a problem for me. everything about the z10 is great, except that ecosystem, and the battery.

i like the fact that the moto x is said to be a simpler android experience.
    08-19-13 08:03 AM
    Judging from what reviews I've read thus far..everyone seems to be very impressed with it. Premium look/feel along with a very good end user experience and I think it could be a great phone.

The only gripes and grumblings I've been reading about are stemming from the camera. Although people aren't sure if it's hardware related or something software related that could be fixed in an update.

I've been considering getting one but I'll probably wait until more details about the new Nexus gets leaked before I make a decision. I do love my Nexus's

Sent from my gesture controlled Nexus 4
    08-19-13 08:09 AM
    Yeah the moto x is running close to stock android so it won't be loaded with bells and whistles like a Samsung s4 would. I personally like the stock experience. I get my goodies by loading a rom where I can choose what I want
    Rickroller and kbz1960 like this.
    08-19-13 08:11 AM
    what do you all think of stock android experience? is it a good experience? intuitive?
    08-19-13 08:13 AM
    what do you all think of stock android experience? is it a good experience? intuitive?
    Stock is best imo..but maybe I'm biased. Samsung has some great features in Touchwhiz..but they also overdo it in some aspects which bloat the phone down.

Of course, stock to me doesn't mean no customization. I also prefer to get some of my customization from ROMs such as Expanded Desktop (gets rid of my on-screen navigation buttons) as well as a few other minor ones. But give me stock android and Nova Launcher and I'd be a happy camper regardless.

08-19-13 08:23 AM
    Stock Android is much better than Touchwiz (samsung) but HTC Sense and Sony interface are really good. If you don't like them, you can just install a launcher or flash a ROM, that's the beauty of Android.

Edit: considering to buy one
    08-19-13 08:26 AM
    i guess what i'm trying to get at is how does it compare to bb10? i am considering changing my z10 for the moto x. i never really even considered android, but the moto x looks nice.
    08-19-13 08:29 AM
    The Moto X is tempting, if only they'd sell it here in Asia. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:32 AM
    i guess what i'm trying to get at is how does it compare to bb10? i am considering changing my z10 for the moto x. i never really even considered android, but the moto x looks nice.
    I guess it depends on how you use your phone or what's important to you. Imo stock Android is better than anything else out there..simply because it can be customized to be exactly how you want it to be.

For example, I have 3 "home screens" (although more or less can be added). My main being my one with all my messaging, phone, camera, Internet etc. My next is my Calendar widget page which I like to be able to see without having to open up the app itself. And my last one is my news feed widget..which keeps me up to date on what's happening around the globe.

But due to the massive amount of customization available..its easier to ask what you're looking for versus trying to describe all that is possible.

EDIT: I'll also add that if you really enjoy BB10 gestures..you can still have them (along with many more) on Android via GMD Gesture Control.

08-19-13 09:22 AM
    I've always liked Motorola phones. I like the idea of finally keeping carriers out of the OS (yea, I'm talking about you AT&T). A pure Android experience is very appealing. It might very well live side by side with my Q10. Although I have to say my 1.5 year old Motorola Atrix HD is still performing well.
    08-19-13 10:04 AM
    Looks like a pretty cool phone with less gimmicks than the S4... what does everyone think about it? The battery also looks amazing, which is my main complaint with the Z10.
    Don't have it, don't want it, don't care about it.
    Bor Navas likes this.
    08-19-13 10:32 AM
    I find find it intriguing.
    08-19-13 10:41 AM
    It def looks like a solid phone
    08-19-13 08:18 PM
    Nobody is mentioning how it's 720p??? A flagship Motorola phone released this year without 1080p?? :O maybe that will get some of the critics to shut their mouths, obviously Motorola understands screen resolutions, props to them.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    08-19-13 08:29 PM
    Nobody is mentioning how it's 720p??? A flagship Motorola phone released this year without 1080p?? :O maybe that will get some of the critics to shut their mouths, obviously Motorola understands screen resolutions, props to them.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    its also not a 5 inch screen.
    08-19-13 08:33 PM
    its also not a 5 inch screen.
    The HTC one is 4.7 with 1080p, so that argument is void.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    08-19-13 09:49 PM