I'm really torn too! I like everything my Bolt does, but I miss my BlackBerry for some minor reasons!

I have at least 3 months to think though, since I'm locked in a contract.

I may make a spreadsheet with the pros and cons of each for myself to decide.
    09-19-11 03:25 PM
    I have to admit I played with it the other day. It is thinner than most BB devices. the screen has pinch to zoom on it, very smooth. But I still prefer Android. BB users though will definitely find it to be a nice device. It is. The qwerty keypad is decent, but I am so used to complete touch and still feel I have a better browser exp. Comfortable.
    09-19-11 07:54 PM
    The browser is the main reason why I would stay Android. I have tried thee 9930 browser, and while it's an improvement over OS6, it's not rear as good as Android, especially on a 4.3 inch screen. And I need Flash for a lot of the sites I use.

That, and how well Google apps are integrated into Android. I use tons of Google apps.

Camera is amazing as well. I take a lot of pics when I'm hiking and kayaking.

I'm still deciding if this device fits my lifestyle though.
    09-19-11 08:25 PM
    The browser is the main reason why I would stay Android. I have tried thee 9930 browser, and while it's an improvement over OS6, it's not rear as good as Android, especially on a 4.3 inch screen. And I need Flash for a lot of the sites I use.

That, and how well Google apps are integrated into Android. I use tons of Google apps.

Camera is amazing as well. I take a lot of pics when I'm hiking and kayaking.

I'm still deciding if this device fits my lifestyle though.
    With all the pluses you have stated about the Thunderbolt, seems to me it fits your lifestyle. Just have to be careful when you are hiking or in the water ! I wish there were more choices for cases, especially if you have the extended battery. I still can't get over how heavy it feels and ugly with that huge battery. I won't get it. I prefer to charge it up if needed. Too big for my hands with that extended battery. Looks like a hump back of Thunderbolt LOL
    09-19-11 09:25 PM
    With all the pluses you have stated about the Thunderbolt, seems to me it fits your lifestyle. Just have to be careful when you are hiking or in the water ! I wish there were more choices for cases, especially if you have the extended battery. I still can't get over how heavy it feels and ugly with that huge battery. I won't get it. I prefer to charge it up if needed. Too big for my hands with that extended battery. Looks like a hump back of Thunderbolt LOL
    It's funny, nowadays, because I've been keeping things for backup in case I need my phone on the road for an extended period of time: five batteries (two of which are extended), and a portable battery charger. My phone usually lasts the day, but there were times in the last two days, I could have used one of my spares.
    09-19-11 09:45 PM

You know, you may ne right. I have had the extended battery for months. I dont mind how it looks, and it feels good when I'm holding the phone. But it makes it pretty heavy and I'm missing the light feeling of my Blackberry.

I'm going to put the stock battery back in and use the extended only when I travel!

Thanks for your post, because I think I agree.
    09-20-11 07:24 AM
    Jude, what keyboard are you using?
    09-20-11 07:24 AM
    Have you guys tried Juice Defender from the market? It easily adds about 4 hours to my battery life with moderate use.
    09-20-11 11:40 AM
    Haven't tried it. What's it do, shut down connections?
    09-20-11 12:13 PM
    Yep it's great. My phone has been unplugged for about 6 hours and I'm still at 98%.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-20-11 01:32 PM
    Yep it's great. My phone has been unplugged for about 6 hours and I'm still at 98%.
    What setting do you use?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-20-11 06:20 PM
    Have you guys tried Juice Defender from the market? It easily adds about 4 hours to my battery life with moderate use.
    I played with juice defender a while back and from what I saw, it shuts down data in order to save battery life. I need to be connected 24/7. Is there something that I missed like a setting that won't cut off my data?
    09-20-11 06:32 PM
    I played with juice defender a while back and from what I saw, it shuts down data in order to save battery life. I need to be connected 24/7. Is there something that I missed like a setting that won't cut off my data?
    I don't think so (if you're trying to get max battery)... I tried it way back when and my emails would be delayed, even though I had Gmail excluded.

It's funny that a majority (90+) of the customers with freezes/lock ups, delayed messages (sms/mms/emails) and phone calls usually have a task killer and/or Lookout.
    09-20-11 07:45 PM
    0.333 % dph? Yeah in order to maintain that it would have to be doing some major killing of system idle processes and connections (far beyond what most would even want to happen)...

Not even your general optimized kernels give that kind of idle drain, let alone with any kind of use...
    09-20-11 07:48 PM
    0.333 % dph? Yeah in order to maintain that it would have to be doing some major killing of system idle processes and connections (far beyond what most would even want to happen)...

Not even your general optimized kernels give that kind of idle drain, let alone with any kind of use...
    Even under-clocking doesn't, but I'm no expert. lol.
    09-20-11 08:00 PM
    Even under-clocking doesn't, but I'm no expert. lol.
    Yep, includes underclocked/undervolted kernels.
    09-20-11 08:06 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD