I have had alot of problems with my Tour lately, resulting in multiple exchanges, Sprint basically asked me if I wanted another phone and the Hero popped in my head. She did it in 2 seconds and while I was on hold thought crap! That thing is fully touch screen, and I text alot. I said well what happens if I do not like it, she said well, this is not something that we normally do, so you are basically stuck with it now.

So I am trying to make the best of it, what do you like that your Hero has over your Tour?
    12-21-09 01:02 PM
    The Hero's OS is freaking awsome, the widgets are incredible. The phone is amazingly fast, super slick design, easy to use on screen keyboard, and still has a optical ball mouse.

Blackberries can more easily customize the OS options, but Android can more easily customize the home screens.

Blackberries can copy and paste easier. Blackberry has a superior "Sure Type" when in portrait mode.

BUT I believe that the auto correction is far superior in Android.

Android Browser blows away Blackberries.

We can go back and forth all day.

In the end I would get the Hero. They do all the same functions, just a little bit different.

ONE HUGE Reason why Android is superior than blackberry is that Android has Dedicated RAM and and Dedicated ROM. Ram for app memory and rom for space. And far superior memory management (no need to do battery pulls when your phone slows down)

Blackberries for whatever reason use SHARED RAM/ROM, meaning its using memory from the same source which drains the memory FAST which causes slow down, lag, then eventually reboot/battery pull.
    12-21-09 03:18 PM
    don't forget that your email will still work on the hero when RIM has network outages. haha. And the HTC devices have one of, if not the best, virtual keyboards.
    12-21-09 03:19 PM
    I came from blackerry and I prefer texting on the blackerry much more but like browsing the web on hero more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 03:22 PM
    plus there is a vibrator app in the market place for the android OS.

Tell me, did your BB have THAT!?!?!?!?!?!
    12-21-09 03:23 PM
    don't forget that your email will still work on the hero when RIM has network outages. haha. And the HTC devices have one of, if not the best, virtual keyboards.
    +1

Was trying not to get into toooooooooo many details. haha. There are plenty of reasons why to get an HTC/Android phone over ANY blackberry.

want another reason? Google/Android actually cares about their customers and the way their OS's RUN. They support and back their OS's and put out updates regularly and they tell you want they are going to change/fix.

Its sad how little RIM will back their OS's they release with their phones. zero support, updates ONCE a YEAR? haha. And sadly Blackberry has the largest share in the cell phone world, yet they can't get their act together with their operating systems. Its so sad.
    12-21-09 03:25 PM
    Wow thanks for the replies guys, didn't know I would receive so much info! I will miss the push part of the Blackberry as far as email, but I do like that (at least this is what the rep told me) the Hero will check for emails about every 10 minutes and I can reply to them as you would a text like you can a Blackberry. I will just have to get used to the on screen keyboard, but as long as I had spelling corrections I would be fine because I am one of those driving texters sometimes.

I mean I cannot complain because they did an even swap and my Tour cost me $50, but I hate the fact that I cannot go back if I want. But my theory is they cannot refuse the Hero if I send it back, so I just won't send the Tour back to them right away

How is the battery life? The only Htc phone I have had was the Touch Pro but I blame my hatred of that phone on Windows mobile, I loved that cabs were so easily installed and removed though. But the widgets are a little different I assume?
    12-21-09 04:33 PM
    One thing to do as soon as you get your phone is to calibrate the screen to your touch.

I gave up my Tour and haven't looked back after the initial 15 minutes of WTF did I do!
    12-21-09 04:43 PM
    oh no thats the ONLY downfall from the Hero/Eris. The battery life is not so great. But there is a major update for Android 2.1 coming early January that will help out with that.

But then again there are ways to save battery life too. Screen dimming, timeout, etc. jus like any other smart phone but for whatever reason the Hero/Eris battery life just isnt that great.
    12-21-09 05:01 PM
    If you can type well on it you'll like it, if you can't you'll want to take it back. That's it in a nutshell for almost any touchscreen phone.
    12-21-09 05:44 PM
    Yea the instinct went back really fast and I went right to the TP, after a few of those I switched to BB and haven't looked back since. Well, from what I read my Tour battery life isnt great, as long as I could get about 8 hours I would be ok, if I had a constant BBM convo I will get about 4 hours if I am lucky
    12-21-09 05:53 PM
    The Hero is AWESOME, I've had mine for a few months and i love it
    12-21-09 10:51 PM
    I've been a faithful BB users for some years now...started with the Pearl, then went to the Curve and finally the Tour. I recently traded in my Tour for the Hero about a week ago, and so far I'm pretty satisfied with my decision.

Battery life isn't that bad if you modify your settings (turn gps/vibrate off, dim screen, etc). I thought that typing on a virtual keyboard would be a terrible experience, but the Hero's keyboard in landscape mode is very nice. The predictive typing feature works really well, and like someone said calibrating the keyboard really helps. Also, I don't have any widgets running on my home screen because I've read that many of them are battery leeches.

The only negatives that I can say about the Hero is that I wish the ringers and speaker phone were louder. Not that they're necessarily low, but they're in no way as loud as my BB. Also, I think the Hero requires a little more effort keeping the touchscreen clean...but that's just a personal preference because I hate fingerprints
    12-22-09 01:37 AM
    My friend likes her Hero (Sprint) a lot so far. You mentined the BB ringers and speakerphone--I was on with Dell just now and the speakerphone rocks, I had to turn it down and my ears are not that good either. I rarely use it but it's great on my 8900.
    12-22-09 01:37 PM

Yep it sure does. Turn Your Blackberry Into A Vibrator — In Depth Sex Toy Reviews By Toy With Me
    12-22-09 03:16 PM

Why would you want to do that... There are guys on here...

And this TC's problem is the exact reason why we shouldn't blurt out the very first thing that pops into our head...
    12-22-09 04:17 PM
    Hero is amazing, the more I play with it the more I love it. I am one of those people that needs a physical QWERTY but after playing with the Hero's virtual keyboard for about a day I got use to it. The battery isn't that bad on the Hero (compared to my Pre before) I can easily get a full day of texting and web browsing on it.

The best thing about the Hero is that you can customize all the home screens. It's an amazing social networking phone, and email is pretty good. I use gmail more than the HTC mail cause it syncs faster.

BTW does anyone know how to copy and paste, and also take a screen shot of the Hero? Of are those two capabilities not available at the moment?
    12-22-09 05:02 PM
    I just cannot get used to the keyboard, its gotta go back
    12-23-09 08:03 PM
    I just cannot get used to the keyboard, its gotta go back
    give it about a week.
    12-23-09 08:17 PM
    I would wait a lil longer on my upgrade I got a mytouch loved the os not the touch screen so much I took it back for the bold 9700 was out of my 30 days when I truely decided I am inlove with the android it self so I sold my 9700 and used that money. To get the cliq love the phone so far after the update the battery is great. But I'm keeping my eye out for the nexus one cuz ill take the cliq back and wait if I have to to get the nexus one

12-23-09 08:47 PM
    I would wait a lil longer on my upgrade I got a mytouch loved the os not the touch screen so much I took it back for the bold 9700 was out of my 30 days when I truely decided I am inlove with the android it self so I sold my 9700 and used that money. To get the cliq love the phone so far after the update the battery is great. But I'm keeping my eye out for the nexus one cuz ill take the cliq back and wait if I have to to get the nexus one

You are lucky to be on T-Mobile Nexus one and HD2 are both coming to T-Mobile
    12-23-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD