What are five things you miss/like about BlackBerry? Just curious.

1. Great LED alerts, great notifications in general
    2. Physical Keyboard, keyboard shortcuts
    3. Ability to see screen in bright sunlight
    4. Smaller device size
    5. Bedside Mode
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-18-11 at 04:43 PM.
    10-16-11 02:57 PM
    1) sunlight visible screen
    2) radio strength/call quality
    3) convenience keys ( though RIM has now removed the most important one anyway...bastages!)
    4) I am OK with the Notifier LED on the TB, but BB does it better
    5) media organization and options better on BB

I think that is about it!

BTW, I got the Gentle Alarm app and that does a great job of replacing Bedside Mode.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 03:50 PM
    1. Ability to see screen in sunlight
    2. Custom led notifications for each contact and email account
    3. Ability to wake and put the phone to sleep by magnetic holster
    4. BBM
    5. Battery life

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 03:53 PM
    Really, You are serious? those I never look back since HTC HD2 released, on and on.. Move on...
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 03:55 PM
    In all honesty, there is nothing I miss about blackberry so far. I'm not saying I would never go back to blackberry,it all depends what they come up with in the future

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy and K Bear like this.
    10-16-11 03:59 PM
    Awesome! Good replies so far! Thanks! Am I missing the grass because I think it's greener? And it is not?
    curvedthumb likes this.
    10-16-11 04:04 PM
    Awesome! Good replies so far! Thanks! Am I missing the grass because I think it's greener? And it is not?
    I bought a 9900 last month and wanted to keep it. After spending few days with it,without saying it isn't a good device,I realized just how awesome Android was. I gave it to one of my employees (I supply the phones) and just got myself the SGSII...no comparison! That's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    EECGeek and Chrisy like this.
    10-16-11 04:20 PM
    I miss spell check. I HATE predictive text!

Reminder courtesy of cdf3.
    10-16-11 05:00 PM

1. Great LED alerts
    2. Physical Keyboard
    4. Smaller device size
    5. Bedside Mode
    1. I can still see the alerts on my bionic--they just aren't as "laser" bright.

2. No physical KB on my Storm, so nothing lost there

3. Having a Bionic, I'm not missing the Storm's screen. The bionic is amazing in direct sunlight. In fact, i was just out sunning myself earlier and reading small text on the screen even without my reading glasses. I've seen the galaxy S2 and it's not nearly as readable in direct sunlight. Props for the pentile display!

4. smaller size=smaller screen. I like a large screen.

5. N/A for me.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 05:39 PM
    The LED probably. My phone has one, but it's hard to see unless the room is dark or if I'm looking at the phone straight on.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 05:49 PM
    1. I can still see the alerts on my bionic--they just aren't as "laser" bright.

2. No physical KB on my Storm, so nothing lost there

3. Having a Bionic, I'm not missing the Storm's screen. The bionic is amazing in direct sunlight. In fact, i was just out sunning myself earlier and reading small text on the screen even without my reading glasses. I've seen the galaxy S2 and it's not nearly as readable in direct sunlight. Props for the pentile display!

4. smaller size=smaller screen. I like a large screen.

5. N/A for me.
    I'm conflicted. I love the large screen and browser. Bit hate the weight and bulk!
    10-16-11 05:52 PM
    Blackberry is for nostalgia, at this point, IMO

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy and K Bear like this.
    10-16-11 05:57 PM
    I'm conflicted. I love the large screen and browser. Bit hate the weight and bulk!
    My Sensation is thinner than my 9700 and it feels nicer in the hand too. The finish on the back is pretty top notch. I don't miss the form factor at all...especially when browsing.
    10-16-11 06:04 PM
    Browsing on my Bolt is amazing!

But Damn, this phone is heavy with the extended.
    10-16-11 06:07 PM
    Browsing on my Bolt is amazing!

But Damn, this phone is heavy with the extended.
    I have an extended battery but it didn't change the dimensions of the phone. It made the phone feel more solid actually, if that makes sense.
    10-16-11 06:08 PM
    I haven't found the need the bulk extended battery. I am actually getting decent battery life since the GB update. AND there are extended slimmer batts out there.
    I don't see myself going back to BB. Both platforms have their pros and cons. I just happen to prefer Android. It is a personal choice. I love my TB and my new co-workers think it is a cool phone....even those who have the iphone LOL. I am very happy. I knew I would be. I had the Incredible. HTC is very decent.
    Things may always seem greener on the other side, but not necessarily so.
    As for the keyboard........I really enjoy the touch screen.
    Chrisy and VIDGMER like this.
    10-16-11 06:51 PM
    I haven't found the need the bulk extended battery. I am actually getting decent battery life since the GB update. AND there are extended slimmer batts out there.
    I don't see myself going back to BB. Both platforms have their pros and cons. I just happen to prefer Android. It is a personal choice. I love my TB and my new co-workers think it is a cool phone....even those who have the iphone LOL. I am very happy. I knew I would be. I had the Incredible. HTC is very decent.
    Things may always seem greener on the other side, but not necessarily so.
    As for the keyboard........I really enjoy the touch screen.
    If I may add how nice HTC Sense is over touchwiz and blur.
    Chrisy and Jude526 like this.
    10-16-11 06:56 PM
    I missed the universal inbox and led beacon, but I have a backup 9700 now so it's the best of both worlds. And my Sensation is super readable in sunlight on medium brightness.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 07:30 PM
    I can easily see your point--my Bionic is far larger than my Storm--especially with the Bionic always ensconced in the shell (of the holster/shell).
    10-16-11 07:45 PM
    I missed the universal inbox and led beacon, but I have a backup 9700 now so it's the best of both worlds. And my Sensation is super readable in sunlight on medium brightness.
    I have a universal inbox on my Bionic. One can even include Gmail, I'm told, if they delete the included Gmail mailbox, and recreate it from within the Accounts app. (I haven't bothered to do that)
    Najo likes this.
    10-16-11 07:46 PM
    Chrisy, you are super nice person I can tell.. I am wondering if you have own tablet, PMP, or PSP?

MUST-HAVE the larger touch screen: easy to reads, typing and visual clearly..
    10-16-11 07:56 PM
    I have a universal inbox on my Bionic. One can even include Gmail, I'm told, if they delete the included Gmail mailbox, and recreate it from within the Accounts app. (I haven't bothered to do that)
    Really? Like it compiles all your recent messages and alerts? Is it an app or is it built into the Moto UI?
    10-16-11 08:43 PM

1. Great LED alerts
    2. Physical Keyboard
    4. Smaller device size
    5. Bedside Mode
    I don't miss much.

1. I actually like not having LED alerts. I no longer feel like a slave to my device.

2. I do miss the physical keyboard at times,but I don't miss the tips of my fingers hurting anymore. With many keyboard options, I find Swype, SwiftKey, and TouchPal to work quite nicely for me.

3. The AMOLED screen on my Mesmerize is quite viewable in sunlight.

4. I thought the larger size was going to bother me, but the viewability of the 4" screen (and device speed) more than made up for carrying a slightly larger device.

5. I use a program called Bedside on my SGS. It is very similar to bedside mode, plus has options to start apps, like a music player.

The one thing I do miss is some of the integration. When I received a call on my BB, I could hit the menu button and add notes to the call log. I loved that. With my SGS, I have an app that creates a calendar entry for each call (saves to a separate call log calendar). The down side is that I can't add to the calendar entry until after the call is done, so I have to open a note, type into that, then copy/paste into the calendar entry. The plus side is all those calendar entries are available on my computer as well as my phone.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 08:50 PM
    Really? Like it compiles all your recent messages and alerts? Is it an app or is it built into the Moto UI?
    no--it's just for all the emails and SMS. and yes, it comes with the phone.
    10-16-11 09:18 PM
    Chrisy, you are super nice person I can tell.. I am wondering if you have own tablet, PMP, or PSP?

MUST-HAVE the larger touch screen: easy to reads, typing and visual clearly..
    Lol, Awww.
    Just a smartphone. Considering a tablet.
    10-16-11 10:09 PM
188 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD