I went to my local Verizon store this afternoon and put the "Incredible" through the paces. Nice screen, nice form factor, it felt great in my hand. Then I started typing and held down a letter key expecting it to capitalize... Oppps, I forgot... You have to hit the shift key to do that on a Droid phone... I continued on fascinated by the wonders of touch screen technology. What a thrill to see every letter I typed pop up large on the screen! Then I realized I really missed the tactile feedback (click) that BB is famous for. On to the browser... NICE! Full pages (no mobile) rendered just like my laptop. I pinched and brushed, swirled and twirled, tapped and brushed, for a long while... But... Low and behold, I didn't gather any additional information than surfing on my Tour! The experience might have been more pleasant, but certainly not more productive. BTW how's the phone work on that thing? Cuz the phone on my Tour seems to work everywhere. Not to mention the full day of hard use I get out of it w/o needing to charge. Tomorrow I give the Palm a whirl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 04:30 AM
    Its incredible to me they get away with their incredibly awful battery life! I had. G1 and I got half a days low usage out of it... Now my friend has a desire and gets a day just about.. And then has a 6 hour charge after to get it through another day... Truly awful!

06-17-10 04:46 AM
    The Leap Feature was cool. Nice way to get to your 7 home screens. Then I realized they're basically shortcuts to your applications. I have more shortcuts using my BlackBerry keypad with Dial From Homescreen disabled and with Quicklaunch.
    Copy and Paste on BlackBerry with keypad was faster. Especially if you've mastered the shortcut method of Copy and Paste on the BlackBerry without having to use the menu.

06-17-10 05:52 AM
    I went to my local Verizon store this afternoon and put the "Incredible" through the paces. Nice screen, nice form factor, it felt great in my hand. Then I started typing and held down a letter key expecting it to capitalize... Oppps, I forgot... You have to hit the shift key to do that on a Droid phone... I continued on fascinated by the wonders of touch screen technology. What a thrill to see every letter I typed pop up large on the screen! Then I realized I really missed the tactile feedback (click) that BB is famous for. On to the browser... NICE! Full pages (no mobile) rendered just like my laptop. I pinched and brushed, swirled and twirled, tapped and brushed, for a long while... But... Low and behold, I didn't gather any additional information than surfing on my Tour! The experience might have been more pleasant, but certainly not more productive. BTW how's the phone work on that thing? Cuz the phone on my Tour seems to work everywhere. Not to mention the full day of hard use I get out of it w/o needing to charge. Tomorrow I give the Palm a whirl.

So you create a thread looking for confirmation that your Tour is better? Who are you trying to convince? My guess would be yourself.
    06-17-10 06:04 AM
    So you create a thread looking for confirmation that your Tour is better? Who are you trying to convince? My guess would be yourself.
    I believe they were giving an honest opinion/comparison of the two devices which I think would be benefical to anyone that might be considering moving away from the BB. Even if trying to convince themselves it might convince someone else as well. I appreciate the post because I have been curious why we are losing so many BB users to other devices.
    06-17-10 05:24 PM
    Move to the Android Forums as this is not really a BlackBerry Discussion.

ATTN Android users: Be nice
    06-17-10 05:31 PM
    Its incredible to me they get away with their incredibly awful battery life! I had. G1 and I got half a days low usage out of it... Now my friend has a desire and gets a day just about.. And then has a 6 hour charge after to get it through another day... Truly awful!

How can you comment on a phone you dont have and dont use? I use my phone throughout the day with moderate use, do e-mails, texts, phone calls, music playback, and internet surfing. I get a day out of my battery easily. I usually take it off the charger at 7am and wont put it back on until 11pm-12am. Most days im not even in the yellow yet. If you are smart on the settings (turn bluetooth/GPS off when your not using it, use wifi when you can etc) you can make the most out of any phone.
    06-17-10 05:39 PM
    Your tour sound awesome. so what is all the fuss about ?

BTW you tapped into about 0% of what this phone can do bud.
    Last edited by nate8u; 06-17-10 at 06:03 PM.
    06-17-10 06:00 PM
    I have yet to handle the Incredible yet but I'll probably go into a VZW store tomorrow and check it out...but I have heard many of times that android battery life sucks...
    06-17-10 06:35 PM
    How can you comment on a phone you dont have and dont use? I use my phone throughout the day with moderate use, do e-mails, texts, phone calls, music playback, and internet surfing. I get a day out of my battery easily. I usually take it off the charger at 7am and wont put it back on until 11pm-12am. Most days im not even in the yellow yet. If you are smart on the settings (turn bluetooth/GPS off when your not using it, use wifi when you can etc) you can make the most out of any phone.
    Agreed...I do the same thing and make it through the day. I don't mind plugging it into a charger every night.
    06-17-10 07:23 PM
    Being an android lover I will say the the few things that (although more android based than just the incredible) would make people leave blackberry.

Simply: there is an app for just about anything you need, and a crap load more you wont need but would like to have in the growing android market.

Other than that, the phones are fast, intuitive, very cool to play with and a bit flashy.

I came back to blackberry because the battery life on their older devices (i had a mytouch 3G) sucked like nobodys business! I have long days, sometimes 17 hours of on the go, so with a phone that dies after about 6 hours... yeah... I might as well be dead since im not reachable.

The browser is MUCH better than blackberry. The OP said they didn't see much more, but they must not visit as many sites as most people (probably conditioned form knowing BB wouldn't make it). I have seen pages that my blackberry wouldn't even load, period!!

Android can be customized!!!! Blackberry CANNOT!! There is always something cool going on with android. You can root the devices, drop cool roms, change them faster than most people take to use the bathroom, get cool FREE apps, have underground apps that most have to pay for for free if you hook up with the right developer, etc. Not to mention, even youtube embeds are accessible with android devices and their very smooth and go hidef quickly.

There is tactile feedback on android, so im not sure what the OP was speaking of.

There are plenty more reasons to love android, but really, heres what you lose...

Biggest drawback for me: the batteries they ship with SUCK! I dont know why they keep doing this. They say that android updates are made to run faster and stronger (they do) and use less memory (maybe). So instead of having the harder working device with a better battery, they use their logic of making the devices use less memory, to strap it with the same old crap battery hoping it will pan out. it doesnt.

Emails? Unless you're a gmail user with one account... be ready for frustration. There are apps for added emails, but nothing touched a BlackBerry in that department in my opinion. The stock email app (not the gmail signed in) has i think a minimum of 5 minutes refresh rate. Add that to the crap battery, be ready to die in less than 6 to 8 hours papi chulo! Not to mention you probably cant tack on as many accounts as bb can handle.

Other than that, im sure people have their own problems with android. Those are mine. Sorry for the long post =/
    06-17-10 07:27 PM
    If your tour is so great why did you even pick up the INC? Its obvious that the OP just wanted to start a war and get people riled up. Now granted we are on a crackberry site but i'm sure most of the users here have or had BB's and are either researching for a new phone or helping people who the BB isn't for or hasn't had a pleasant experience as you have had with them are looking to jump ship. So stick with your Tour and BB's while the rest of use will enjoy phones that IMO are in the current year of technology while RIM got comfortable being the king and never look to change to keep up with the time. If you think OS 6 will change things keep dreaming. Yeah you might be getting a face lift but its still RIM's OS.

Now if you rely on Emails and BBM then sure BB is for you. IMO thats all RIM has going for them. Just look at the options you get if you go with Android. Different phones, UI, and apps just to mention a few. But again if your Tour is great thats awesome and stick with BB. I do believe you'll be missing out.

NO I do not have the INC or the Tour but I do have the Curve 8530 and from what I've had and seen a BB is a BB. Which means I am ready to jump ship and enjoy a phone instead of being mad at it or convincing myself that the phone I have is good enough.
    06-17-10 07:53 PM
    ROFL, you just had to post this becuase why?
    06-17-10 08:10 PM
    Trollin' at its finest.
    06-17-10 08:18 PM
    ROFL, you just had to post this becuase why?
    Don't feed the troll. Oh next he will be wondering what the big deal is about the
    X vs the S2
    06-17-10 08:19 PM
    He looked so hungry and desperate tho, kinda felt bad for it Just kidding OP
    Last edited by johnly; 06-18-10 at 01:33 PM.
    06-17-10 08:21 PM
    Ive been getting good battery life on mine. The trick is too have advanced task killer. Select crazy kill mode and deflect advanced task killer in processes. this may it kills unneeded apps when the screen is off.
    06-17-10 08:22 PM
    Or just get an American made smart phone
    06-17-10 08:24 PM
    He looked so hungry and desperate tho, kinda felt bad for it
    Nuthin a hummer can't fix....
    06-17-10 08:39 PM
    I hear those hummer 3's are pretty tight
    06-17-10 08:47 PM
    I hear those hummer 3's are pretty tight
    Mods close this thread. Its just those big hands ya got
    Johnly..... roflmao
    06-17-10 09:02 PM
    No you just did not!
    06-17-10 09:04 PM
    No you just did not!
    Some are sicker than others Bro.... lmmfao
    06-17-10 09:25 PM
    Wait though I just had a thought. No iphone guys are coming to troll. Just my thoughts. OK mods feel free to close
    06-17-10 09:26 PM
    I elect myself super mod! Thread closed!!!!!!!
    06-17-10 09:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD