After just shy of 1 year with the 9530 & the associated assaches that go along with it, I have decided to give the Droid a try. It turns out that I had a $60.00 discount on my broadband wireless line plus a $100.00 "discount" & that makes my out of pocket approx $150.00. I realize there will be a learing curve but I also get the feeling that it doesn't require an MBA to figure out how the Android OS functions. It should arrive on Monday morning so wish me luck! Thanks to all who contribute to these forums.

From the South end of Lake Erie (Cleveland,Ohio)
    02-05-10 02:38 PM
    Your won't look back, I came from a 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 04:25 PM
    Welcome to the world of superior devices.
    02-06-10 04:28 PM
    Welcome to the dark side.

Android is good out-of-the-box, but with some well thought out apps and some tweaking, it is awesome.
    02-06-10 04:51 PM
    After having done it and now looking back, moving from BB to Android was not a risky proposition. I should have done it long ago.
    02-06-10 05:38 PM
    I did the same thing. I was up for an upgrade back in June 2009. I have the Droid. I truly love this phone. The only thing I don't like is the way the physical qwerty keyboard feels in my hand. The onscreen keyboard I use a lot. A lot of folks complain about the emails (other than gmail) not being pushed. I don't miss it. My more important sites/emails I moved over to gmail. This phone is wicked fast. Everytime I show my Blackberry friends they get mad (same way I was when I had my storm). I honestly don't know what RIM's problem is but they are waaaaayyyyy behind on web browsing.

To me RIM got email on locked, Apple got apps on locked. Android got multi tasking and customization on lock. ANDROID FOREVER!!!!
    02-06-10 06:41 PM
    Your won't look back, I came from a 8330.

Same here, had the 8330 since first came out. Got droid couple days ago, so far loving the phone, I do miss BB, but this phone is incredible I don't think I plan on going back.
    02-06-10 10:37 PM
    I see that some of you are coming from Curves and going to the Droid. I guess that would seem like a huge difference. I have always liked the Droid and I don't think that it gets enough credit for its email and web capabilities. The keyboard isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. But I do hope that the messaging features are improved over the upcoming year. I think that the OS will evolve quickly and include some of the messaging and multimedia components it is lacking. But for now it is still a very good device.

02-07-10 04:44 AM
    I went to the droid from a tour and went back to the tour the other day. I missed the push content too much. And even though I use gmail half of the time my emails did not come. I had to keep going and refreshing it constantly to see if I got anything. Sometimes it comes instant and sometimes it don't. It doesn't work as well as the blackberry for that.

That being said the droid is far superior in web browsing.
    02-07-10 09:13 AM
    I'll be getting the Hero next month.
    I'm going to root it and I found a couple other things to add to it too.
    Can't wait!
    I think if the Tour2 isn't all that and a bag of chips there will be quite the BB exodus.

02-07-10 09:53 AM
    Well, the Tour II will still have the issues we know (and love?) that BB's tend to have. With that OS, there will still be memory issues, battery pulls, truncated emails, browser issues, the eternal wait for leaks to fix whatever malady of the month besieges us, etc etc... No, wait, just wait... OS 5.1, 5.2... Ok, 6 will be the messiah of OS's etc etc etc....

Personally at this point. And, I'm the Biggest Blackberry guy anyone knows in my area, I'm just waiting for a nicer Android vertical slider phone with a BB style Chicklet keyboard, a tracpad fro text editing. Give me that and some better email/IM/Text programs, and I'll be happy as a lark.
    02-07-10 10:02 AM
    Oh, I thought the thread was: "were going to do it." Like, I was going to, but I decided not to. Eh, no biggie. At any rate, enjoy your Droid. An outstanding device.
    02-07-10 10:06 AM
    I don't really have any issues with my tour. Other than the web browsing not being what it is on the droid. I do a battery pull but that's because I have two batteries and switch them out. I never have to do one. It works well. I don't never get any glitches or anything. I just can't wait for their open webkit browser to come out and I'll be satisfied.
    02-07-10 01:44 PM
    good luck with your new device
    02-08-10 07:30 PM
    To the OP, how do you like your android phone so far? Coming from a Storm, you should have no issues appreciating the difference in performance, etc.

You got that right! I do NOT miss my Storm at all.
    02-08-10 08:28 PM
    hello well im new to the forum but not new to the smart phone world. I have had 6 bbs and just left the tour to take my first droid. Did my home work for bout 2 weeks on this and I went with the Moment, I like to have the keyboard and I have got to say I just got this phone yesterday and I already love it. There is a post in here somewhere on how to get your yahoo free mail to come through and that is great works so much better than a berry ever did. I did do my home work and got the new os and when i got it from the store the phone had less than half a batt and i played with it the rest of the day it went all the way down and never said it was going to die i pluged it in about 1030 to upload pix form computer at that point it was in the red.

So im happy It was a good move for me
    02-09-10 09:03 AM
    hello well im new to the forum but not new to the smart phone world. I have had 6 bbs and just left the tour to take my first droid. Did my home work for bout 2 weeks on this and I went with the Moment, I like to have the keyboard and I have got to say I just got this phone yesterday and I already love it. There is a post in here somewhere on how to get your yahoo free mail to come through and that is great works so much better than a berry ever did. I did do my home work and got the new os and when i got it from the store the phone had less than half a batt and i played with it the rest of the day it went all the way down and never said it was going to die i pluged it in about 1030 to upload pix form computer at that point it was in the red.

So im happy It was a good move for me
    What android does the moment use? I know the droid is getting 2.1 in a few weeks which is the same as the nexus one. From the reviews I've read the moment was sluggish and didn't have a good processor and the touch screen was nowhere near the level of the droid or nexus one.
    02-09-10 11:52 AM
    I have had the Droid for almost 3 days & I gotta tell you, this thing is a total gas! It really does Soooooo much more than my bb ever did. I mean it's like night & day. At this point I have only one issue: When I make a call, each time I touch a number, the Droid vibrates very quickly. It's not anything I can't live with but I would like to "silence" it if I could. I thought I was able to do so by going into settings & un-checking "Haptic Feedback" Maybe I'm a bit GREEN at this so will keep trying. Again, this thing is very cool & as long as I'm paying out for "data" each month, why be stuck with only e-mail. The bb has it's place which is IMHO for the most part is in the business sector. People, if your looking for that type of device, then the bb is for you but for anything beyond that you really do limit yourself by not checking out to see what else is out there. In this case it is the Android OS & it is VERY cool. Back to the learning curve on this thing & thanks again for all the help.

02-10-10 12:45 AM
    What android does the moment use? I know the droid is getting 2.1 in a few weeks which is the same as the nexus one. From the reviews I've read the moment was sluggish and didn't have a good processor and the touch screen was nowhere near the level of the droid or nexus one.
    1.6 currently, will be going to 2.1 supposedly.
    02-10-10 08:57 AM
    I have had the Droid for almost 3 days & I gotta tell you, this thing is a total gas! It really does Soooooo much more than my bb ever did. I mean it's like night & day. At this point I have only one issue: When I make a call, each time I touch a number, the Droid vibrates very quickly. It's not anything I can't live with but I would like to "silence" it if I could. I thought I was able to do so by going into settings & un-checking "Haptic Feedback" Maybe I'm a bit GREEN at this so will keep trying. Again, this thing is very cool & as long as I'm paying out for "data" each month, why be stuck with only e-mail. The bb has it's place which is IMHO for the most part is in the business sector. People, if your looking for that type of device, then the bb is for you but for anything beyond that you really do limit yourself by not checking out to see what else is out there. In this case it is the Android OS & it is VERY cool. Back to the learning curve on this thing & thanks again for all the help.

I wouldn't say it's night and day. Other than the web browser and GPS I like everything about the BB better. The BB is just so much more reliable and works better for business. I miss things about the android. Mostly the web browser. And the touch screen worked so well with the droid. I don't know about other androids. I know some of the other androids aren't touch sensitive. You have to press down harder. I liked how on the droid you barely touch it. See, that's what I don't like about the storm, you got to push too hard.
    02-10-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD