There is an article over at Threat Post that describes a recently discovered problem with the Android update service that the researchers say may put all Android Devices at risk.
    Researchers from Indiana University and Microsoft published a paper that describes a new set of Android vulnerabilities they call Pileup flaws, and also introduces a new scanner called SecUP that detects malicious apps already on a device lying in wait for elevated privileges.

The researchers said they found a half-dozen different Pileup flaws within Android�s Package Management Service, and confirmed those vulnerabilities are present in all Android Open Source Project versions and more than 3,500 customized versions of Android developed by handset makers and carriers; more than one billion Android devices are likely impacted, they said.
    03-23-14 08:37 AM
    There is an article over at Threat Post that describes a recently discovered problem with the Android update service that the researchers say may put all Android Devices at risk.
    Thanks for the read. I value antivirus on my SGIII and I'm quite careful, but this kind of information is useful.
    03-23-14 08:48 AM
    I'll have to go through the paper when I have time to be sure, but the mechanism could be a threat to BlackBerry sideloaders as well. If any sideloaded applications survive in the phone over Android run time upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:31 PM