So here's the deal:
    I currently have a storm 1 that I have had for a little over a year now and I want to upgrade to the Incredible. The problem is that I am not due for an upgrade until January according to Verizon. Should I buy the phone full price (i.e. is it worth it?) or does anyone have any other ideas as to what I can do?

Thanks in advance
    05-30-10 12:41 AM
    Hardly an upgrade.
    Do some research before you jump on the Android bandwagon.
    You would be better off holding out a little longer and waiting for OS6 and the new BB slider or Storm3
    05-30-10 01:11 AM
    There's a few new droid phones down the pipe coming in July. Screw the storm series. They are nothing but duds.
    05-30-10 01:22 AM
    Ain't that the truth
    Dude, please don't distort what others say.....it is lame bud.
    05-30-10 01:33 AM
    You don't have to read it
    being literate has its advantages, and when you quote some body, it is supposed to be as such. You are quoting people, and rewriting their words??? Lame BUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-30-10 02:09 AM
    There's a few new droid phones down the pipe coming in July. Screw the storm series. They are nothing but duds.
    For the record! This is original!!!! And I don't get paid to be here
    05-30-10 02:11 AM
    So here's the deal:
    I currently have a storm 1 that I have had for a little over a year now and I want to upgrade to the Incredible. The problem is that I am not due for an upgrade until January according to Verizon. Should I buy the phone full price (i.e. is it worth it?) or does anyone have any other ideas as to what I can do?

Thanks in advance
    When I called in I was told given my history with Verizon and good standing they could let me upgrade at the $199 price if I signed a new 2 year contract. So I did and ordered the Incredible on 5/26/10. It pays to talk with them again. I've never had an issue they weren't willing to resolve. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    05-30-10 06:07 AM
    I had both Storms. The Incredible is a welcomed change. Have fun will the new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 08:44 AM
    When I called in I was told given my history with Verizon and good standing they could let me upgrade at the $199 price if I signed a new 2 year contract. So I did and ordered the Incredible on 5/26/10. It pays to talk with them again. I've never had an issue they weren't willing to resolve. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    Only problem there is that we are on a 5-line family plan and if one line signs a new 2 year we would want to do it with all the lines and upgrade all the phones.
    05-30-10 09:29 AM
    Are you saying you want to upgrade all lines or just one? I am on a three line plan but chose to upgrade the one line because I wanted the Incredible and I wasn't going to let the kids have something that pricey!
    05-30-10 09:55 AM
    Are you saying you want to upgrade all lines or just one? I am on a three line plan but chose to upgrade the one line because I wanted the Incredible and I wasn't going to let the kids have something that pricey!
    If we could upgrade all of them we'd probably do that, but I highly doubt VZW would let us. Only one other line would be upgrading to a smartphone, too.
    05-30-10 12:47 PM
    So if I called my carrier and asked them to push up my upgrade date, do you think that they would do it? It seems like it worked out for you. Just wondering if I should give it a try. I would love to get a new device this summer.

05-30-10 01:56 PM
    What is said was that I'm sure they can appreciate how we all love our toys and to be able to keep up with the new technology. I mentioned how I've heard such great things about the Incredible and I mentioned how my keyboard did not come up when typing in group chat on my storm2(a known problem with .607). Granted I was one year into a 2 year contract from my 9530(I bought my storm 2 off craigslist). They were willing to do that if I extended my contract for two years. They did acknowledge that I've been a loyal customer with an excellent payment history for the past 10 years. In this case "it is what you say and how you say it". A coworker overheard me on the phone with Verizon last week when I ordered the incredible and they were impressed with my negotiation. No I don't work for Verizon but I have to say how excellent their customer service has been.

05-30-10 02:16 PM
    I'm ready for an upgrade and a switch to Verizon too. I would have ordered the Droid Incredible already if it wasn't for all the reports of poor signal strength and call quality I've been reading in the Android forums. HTC has apparently acknowledged these problems but hasn't managed to fix them yet.
    05-30-10 02:45 PM
    I'm ready for an upgrade and a switch to Verizon too. I would have ordered the Droid Incredible already if it wasn't for all the reports of poor signal strength and call quality I've been reading in the Android forums. HTC has apparently acknowledged these problems but hasn't managed to fix them yet.
    My signal strength is identical to my wife's MotoDroid in any location. Call quality is the same too. We switch phone sometimes. It could be that my Incredible shows fewer signal bars than hers, but if you look at the actual signal srength number it's the same every time I've compared it to hers.
    05-30-10 03:02 PM
    I know you guys hear this time and time again, but....the issues that you hear about on forums do not affect the large majority of users. Forums are places where people go for help or to vent. The people who don't have issues rarely go to a forum just to say that they're having a great experience with their product. If you were to review the satisfaction polls on various forums it would be evident that most people are loving their HTC incredible.

That said, there are some issues related to reception, call quality, and battery life that some people are having. Personally I think the battery life concern might be the only one that holds much credibility, and the only reason I say that is because the inc comes with a very small stock battery. A poor decision by HTC and vzw.

Other than that, the inc is an excellent smart phone and pretty much every review out there backs that up. Of the touchscreen phones I've had I think the inc is the best so far. That includes both storm1 and 2, the palm pre, and even the mighty moto droid. I will say the moto droid was the best smart phone I've had prior to getting the incredible though.
    05-30-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD