Its just not as fast as the Droid have. I do have the most recent update for storm. I wish the speed for loading web pages, facebook etc.... was as fast as the Droid. I would
    go back to Storm in a heartbeat. Any rumors of a faster Storm on the horizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 07:37 PM
    Its just not as fast as the Droid have. I do have the most recent update for storm. I wish the speed for loading web pages, facebook etc.... was as fast as the Droid. I would
    go back to Storm in a heartbeat. Any rumors of a faster Storm on the horizon?

if you post this in the STORM Sub Thread you might actually get a response.
    12-28-09 07:39 PM
    Whats wrong with your droid? I have the Eris and will never go back to a blackberry. My eris is so far advanced over my storm 2 I cant believe it. Android is the future and Rim will just wither away.
    12-28-09 07:40 PM
    May i ask what the storm did better for you or what features you want it back for?

Id have to agree with him, My Droid puts the storm to shame in every way that i use it, so curious why you want it back. Maybe you miss doing battery pulls?
    12-28-09 07:40 PM
    May i ask what the storm did better for you or what features you want it back for?

Id have to agree with him, My Droid puts the storm to shame in every way that i use it, so curious why you want it back. Maybe you miss doing battery pulls?
    He misses the clicktastic portion of the storm
    12-28-09 07:47 PM
    i think he just does not know what to do with all the extra time he has that he did not have with the storm due to constant battery pulls and taking 5 minutes to reboot.

oh and the slow as molases browser too.
    12-28-09 08:53 PM
    I kinda had that feeling too when i first got the droid. (because the click and the feeling of it in my hand) But now I dont even think about going back. Its like going to from a storm 1 to a storm 9
    12-28-09 09:01 PM
    i think he just does not know what to do with all the extra time he has that he did not have with the storm due to constant battery pulls and taking 5 minutes to reboot.

oh and the slow as molases browser too.
    At least with the storm you had a beautiful OS behind the Loading Clock to stare at while you waited.

I kinda had that feeling too when i first got the droid. (because the click and the feeling of it in my hand) But now I dont even think about going back. Its like going to from a storm 1 to a storm 9
    I dont even think its like going to a storm 1000000. Theres just no comparison.
    12-28-09 09:01 PM
    S3 sounds promising from the information that just came out, but that can easily change and only time will tell.
    12-28-09 10:44 PM
    Unfathomable. I'd never get a Storm...and likely will never own another Blackberry. The Android platform is far and above anything RIM has to offer currently.
    12-29-09 12:49 AM
    Storm 3 looks to be the answer Blackberry fans have been waiting for. I can't wait to see it in April.
    12-29-09 04:28 PM
    People who own a storm either:
    1) don't know what their missing on other platforms
    2) need blackberry for whatever reason (email, bbm addiction etc) and must have a touch screen even if it's a clicky one
    3) just plain crazy
    4) don't really like the phone but just don't want to pay to get different phone

Android / iPhoneOS / webOS is infinitely better on all levels

Last edited by SilverLight98; 12-29-09 at 05:41 PM.
    12-29-09 05:39 PM
    Storm 3 looks to be the answer Blackberry fans have been waiting for. I can't wait to see it in April.
    Where can I find info on the S3?
    12-29-09 06:07 PM

when will rim just give up and throw in the towel on the storm idea.

storm 1 = total train wreck
    storm 2 = honda civic getting hit by semi at 50 MPH
    storm 3 = multiple car crash

yes i have owned both a storm 1 and 2 and this comes from experience
    12-29-09 06:33 PM
    Storm 3 + same OS = complete fail.
    12-30-09 03:17 AM
    Storm 3 + same OS = complete fail.
    No its not the same OS, 5.1 will be a completely new OS. Now the s2 as of right now is a fail!

12-30-09 03:20 AM
    No its not the same OS, 5.1 will be a completely new OS.
    Whatever gets you to sleep at night!
    Last edited by Dr. Droid; 12-30-09 at 04:39 AM.
    12-30-09 04:37 AM
    I had the Storm, and liked it, but it paled in comparison to the Droid. I can't fathom, wanting to go back to it.
    12-30-09 07:08 AM
    LOL Storm 3 when will they get this phone right?
    12-30-09 07:14 AM
    Maybe around Storm 12! Anywho, a response might help us out into talking to you..unless you were just making a statement in the Android forums then left with no return. But why do you like your Storm 2 better? I've experienced all the glory of a BB, and it's light is dimmed by the brightness of the Droid.
    12-30-09 08:13 AM
    No its not the same OS, 5.1 will be a completely new OS. Now the s2 as of right now is a fail!

About OS 5.0 LOL a whole new experience. Listen until RIM leaves the world of JAVA the OS will always suck.
    12-30-09 08:42 AM

you really think going from 5.0 to 5.1 will make any difference?

cmon look at it....

when they went from 4.2 to 4.5 there werent any noticeable changes.

even when they went from 4.5 - 5.0 there wereent any changes either.

RIM has basically used the same OS with minor tweaks since the blackberry 68xx series that came out in 2005 if my memory is correct.
    12-30-09 09:59 AM
    RIM has basically used the same OS with minor tweaks since the blackberry 68xx series that came out in 2005 if my memory is correct.[/QUOTE]

When something aint broke, why fix it? Seems to be working for RIM and Apple for that matter.
    12-30-09 10:31 AM
    RIM has basically used the same OS with minor tweaks since the blackberry 68xx series that came out in 2005 if my memory is correct

When something aint broke, why fix it? Seems to be working for RIM and Apple for that matter.

it may not be totally broken but its about 5 yeas behind the times.

rim is basically doing the equivelent of buying a brand new PC and putting windows 3.1 on it.
    12-30-09 10:43 AM
    When something aint broke, why fix it?
    It might not be broke, but there's a ton of room for improvement.
    12-30-09 10:54 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD