I am in the same boat. Having trouble selling my 8130 silver pearl verizon and my storm 2 (9550). Have them on craigslist and some free classified ads. Nothing! I would of at least though the Storm 2 would have sold by now?
    Have you had the Storm2 30 days? If not, take it back and switch it for the Droid (plus $35). That's what I did with the Storm2 I had.
    11-25-09 03:35 PM
    If it weren't for a long trip to the UK I have coming up, I'd offload my Tour in a heartbeat. It's too bad the droid isn't world-capable. (Are there any CDMA/GSM Android handsets right now or in the pipeline?)

I am currently selling my pristine 8330 on CL with absolutely NO interested buyers right now. I may take it to eBay soon
    Last edited by ds28; 11-25-09 at 04:31 PM.
    11-25-09 04:21 PM
    I am in the same boat. Having trouble selling my 8130 silver pearl verizon and my storm 2 (9550). Have them on craigslist and some free classified ads. Nothing! I would of at least though the Storm 2 would have sold by now?
    what are you asking for your Storm 2?

My 2 cents on the decrease price and such of both the Pre and the Droid. Really, what makes a phone worth more than $200 in the first place? Usually demand, but I digress, I mean in reality. The phones last a couple years and they are damaged or old or outdated. REally, you end up renting a phone for a year or two. When I was with ATT I regularly bought phone retail. I look back and think what an ***** I was. RAZR, KRZR, etc...lasted not that long. $150 for the Droid is much more realistic. Just my opinion.
    11-25-09 04:49 PM
    Post it on Craigslist.. once you find someone to buy it before agreeing search their name in Facebook to make sure they're a real person.. meetup in person somewhere and say cash only. Done. Sold my Storm like that in two days.

Just because a lot of people are done with BB's doesnt mean everyone is.
    11-25-09 05:13 PM
    Just sold my Tour on eBay when the Droid came out for $350. I tried Craigslist and the CB Marketplace with no luck. Pursuit- Try doing a 1 day auction on eBay. You can list the item for free and will only pay if you sell it.

P.S. The Droid is AWESOME!
    11-25-09 08:01 PM
    Post it on Craigslist.. once you find someone to buy it before agreeing search their name in Facebook to make sure they're a real person.. meetup in person somewhere and say cash only. Done. Sold my Storm like that in two days.

Just because a lot of people are done with BB's doesnt mean everyone is.
    LOL. I guess I'm not a real person, I don't exist on Facebook...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:19 PM
    That of course works if they have a Facebook account under their given name. Wouldn't work with me since I use my middle name for everything dealing with online sites like FB.

But you are correct on cash and face to face meetings.

I'd add, if female never at or near your home, and never alone when buying or selling no matter if it's CL, Ebay or a local classified ad. Also for females, I might even ask for a picture of the buyer so I know who I'm waiting for.
    11-25-09 08:51 PM
    Have you had the Storm2 30 days? If not, take it back and switch it for the Droid (plus $35). That's what I did with the Storm2 I had.

Already have done an exchange. Tried to do another and no go.
    11-25-09 08:58 PM
    what are you asking for your Storm 2?

My 2 cents on the decrease price and such of both the Pre and the Droid. Really, what makes a phone worth more than $200 in the first place? Usually demand, but I digress, I mean in reality. The phones last a couple years and they are damaged or old or outdated. REally, you end up renting a phone for a year or two. When I was with ATT I regularly bought phone retail. I look back and think what an ***** I was. RAZR, KRZR, etc...lasted not that long. $150 for the Droid is much more realistic. Just my opinion.

Send me a PM and I will give you price and pictures
    11-25-09 08:59 PM
    I've sold a few phones on CL and make it a habit to meet at the nearby Verizon store. Makes sure its safe and let's them verify ESN is good before purchase. Just my 2 cen ts.

11-28-09 10:36 AM
    I just sold my Storm on Ebay for $200. I didn't expect to get that much since it wasn't even unlocked.
    11-28-09 02:34 PM
    I. Really wanna sell my storm 1 but I'm not sure how much I can possibly get for it.

11-29-09 02:08 PM
    I. Really wanna sell my storm 1 but I'm not sure how much I can possibly get for it.
    Best way to find out what it's worth, is to check out the places they are being sold now. Ebay, Craigslist, local classified ads. In these places you will see a high range and a low range. You can forget trying to get all your purchase price back or anywhere near what they sell for new. And with a newer version of the phone out there, you'd be very lucky to get half of what a new Storm 1 costs today. And you can throw in accessories, but don't expect to get much for them either.
    11-29-09 04:33 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD