Does anyone else already dread the threads that will come out from Droid owners complaining that they're past their return grace period and want to find a way around the return policy to get the Passion/whatever?

I can hear it already...."Verizon is so unfair, if I'm really unhappy then VZ should let me get the new phone to keep me happy because I've been with then for 100 years"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 01:12 PM
    I think the Droid is good enough to stand; besides everyone knows how fast technology changes. The Droid is no slouch, trust me.
    11-23-09 01:18 PM
    I really hope you're right. Really I do.

11-23-09 01:20 PM
    I don't believe this will be the case. You are thinking of the Storm forums and the complaints there were somewhat justified, in that they had a very dysfunctional device which was replaced by a functional device.

Even AT&T threw the original Iphone owners a bone when they came out with the 3g.

The Droid will be fine and I doubt we will see a problem, but there is always someone ready to B*&$ and complain.
    11-23-09 01:20 PM
    Rumor has it that the Passion very well may be released on Black Friday.

11-23-09 01:23 PM
    Does anyone else already dread the threads that will come out from Droid owners complaining that they're past their return grace period and want to find a way around the return policy to get the Passion/whatever?

I can hear it already...."Verizon is so unfair, if I'm really unhappy then VZ should let me get the new phone to keep me happy because I've been with then for 100 years"

As you appear to be a Storm owner, I could see where you might confuse the POS that is/was the Storm with a Droid. If you owned a Droid, you'd know that they are not nearly the same thing. If a new phone comes out in a few months, that's great. It means that there will be more apps developed for the Market and more features added to Android OS. It's not like they will be releasing something great, and Droid owners are stuck with a POS...like the Storm.
    11-23-09 01:27 PM

Doubtful, there haven't been any reports of the Passion passing FCC. Can't sell a phone without FCC clearance.
    11-23-09 01:30 PM
    You might, I repeat might get a complaint from me. It took a total of 12 minutes to see 2 emails in my gmail account without a notification on my phone. BSSSS. Im so mad right now. Because this would be money down the tube had I not checked manually! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thought this was push email for gmail.
    11-23-09 01:31 PM
    As you appear to be a Storm owner, I could see where you might confuse the POS that is/was the Storm with a Droid. If you owned a Droid, you'd know that they are not nearly the same thing. If a new phone comes out in a few months, that's great. It means that there will be more apps developed for the Market and more features added to Android OS. It's not like they will be releasing something great, and Droid owners are stuck with a POS...like the Storm.
    +1, Storm mentality.
    11-23-09 01:33 PM

If u are going on BGR he changed it to mid Dec.
    It could very well be though that may not see this phone for
    a while..........
    11-23-09 01:35 PM
    Yes, Droid is very functional out of the box. It outperforms the Storm 1 and 2 in almost every way.

No need to install leaked OS after leaked OS after leaked OS..it just works.
    11-23-09 01:36 PM
    You might, I repeat might get a complaint from me. It took a total of 12 minutes to see 2 emails in my gmail account without a notification on my phone. BSSSS. Im so mad right now. Because this would be money down the tube had I not checked manually! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thought this was push email for gmail.
    Thats the OS not the phone.
    11-23-09 01:36 PM
    So when are we supposed to get a new os then. I cant afford to have my emails not notifying me for 12 minutes for every email. It may have to go back if this isnt fixed soon.
    11-23-09 01:42 PM
    I'm gonna say is it a setup issue. My Gmail is instant. Has been since I walked out of the VZW store at 7:15 am on Day one.
    11-23-09 01:42 PM
    The only complaints you will hear will be about figuring out how to use all the cool information that is the DROID, instead of software issues and "can't wait until the newest software upgrade" flames. IMHO....
    11-23-09 01:43 PM
    Mine too.. mine's instant.
    11-23-09 01:44 PM
    So when are we supposed to get a new os then. I cant afford to have my emails not notifying me for 12 minutes for every email. It may have to go back if this isnt fixed soon.
    You should probably go back. My Gmaiil is instant, and like I said, I suspect a setup issue.
    11-23-09 01:44 PM
    Thats the OS not the phone.
    Not to be rude, but you already have a thread discussing email notification problems here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/i-...-email-368854/

This thread is already off topic.
    11-23-09 01:46 PM
    If I wanted the next big thing I would just ebay my DROID and buy it like I do with every phone. I can't stand the tackballs HTC keeps putting on the Android phones, and if the leaked picture are any indication the phone is ugly. It isn't going to have some super secret Android 2.0 the DROID doesn't have.

I would rather have new Sony X10.
    11-23-09 01:50 PM
    I would reboot. I get my gmail instantly. I have been getting mail instantly since i got the phone.
    11-23-09 02:02 PM
    Not to be rude, but you already have a thread discussing email notification problems here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/i-...-email-368854/

This thread is already off topic.
    This is a complaint thread so im complaining.
    11-23-09 02:06 PM
    hal1 thats the BB mindset : )

I covered this in a previous post about how BB users are always chasing the "Ghost of a Better BB Device"

They get the latest BB and are satisfied with it for a few weeks then quickly realize it's the same crap in a different wrapper THEN when a "new" BB is announced they want to jump ship again in the hopes of getting the better device.

Then they get it, weeks go by, they get bored then a new one is announced and they are all over that one. It's a never ending cycle.

You can look at EVERY new BB device that's going to be released and the boards ALL look the same. "I just got my XYZ but damn this one looks nice" "Who's trading in their XYZ for the new BB" "How do I get this device without paying full retail" etc etc etc

It's a vicious cycle. Why? Because when it comes down to it the devices are all the same and the users are ALWAYS left unsatisfied.

I'm happy with my Droid until they release the second iteration. I have no interest in HTC or Sense UI. I found a stellar device that will get A LOT of mileage.

The Droid is that good I'm telling you. It's not going to be overrun.
    11-23-09 02:07 PM
    It's a complaint thread about a specific topic, not your issue.

I'll be counting down my 30 days.. no issues with the droid but I can only imagine the passion.
    11-23-09 02:08 PM
    This is a complaint thread so im complaining.
    It's a complaint thread about a specific topic, not your issue.
    Agree, the original topic has nothing to do with email problems.
    11-23-09 02:12 PM
    No matter what you have, the next best thing is only a few months away. Just be happy with what you have and have fun with it.
    11-23-09 02:14 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD