Was in my local VZW store and was talking with the rep that sold me my Storm2. He said he picked up the Eris on Saturday to replace his Tour. Well, as of today the Tour was back on his belt. He said he couldn't leave BB.
    11-10-09 09:47 PM
    OK? So, um what are you saying? Am I missing something?
    11-10-09 10:18 PM
    OK? So, um what are you saying? Am I missing something?
    What he said

10 Characters
    11-10-09 10:21 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

And your point is?

11-10-09 11:01 PM
    He's saying that a technical expert, the VZW rep, *snicker* has confirmed that the Android-based HTC Eris is inadequate for an unknown - yet irrelevant - reason. Furthermore, you should return your Android phones for a BlackBerry.

Either, 1) that's what he meant, or 2) he's just trying to boost his post count on these forums.
    11-10-09 11:29 PM
    Agreed butcherbird.

quite possibly he is making himself feel better about keeping his Blackberry.
    11-11-09 07:17 AM
    I think he is just a troll.

11-11-09 08:21 AM
    he just couldnt handle the pure awesomeness of the android software

his loss
    11-11-09 08:32 AM
    Accept no imitations. There is only one BlackBerry. JFK

11-11-09 08:35 AM
    Coming from a Tour, I think it'd be hard to go back to it after having a Droid for 3 days now. The Droid isn't without its few slight shortcomings, but in no way would I consider going back to the Tour. I do miss multiple push E-mail accounts, but that's about it. For what I need it for, the Droid is far superior. To each his own. No need to bash anybody for their phone usage needs/requirements.
    11-11-09 08:38 AM
    It's funny he used a verizon rep seeing as how almost everyone bashes them for not having a clue.
    11-11-09 08:43 AM
    Some people just aren't comfortable moving outside of last decade's technology.
    11-11-09 08:46 AM
    It's funny he used a verizon rep seeing as how almost everyone bashes them for not having a clue.
    Some of us that work here love gadgets, phones, and technology, therefore we keep up to date with everything and read tech blogs and browse forums in our free time. Others work here for a paycheck.
    11-11-09 08:51 AM
    Some of us that work here love gadgets, phones, and technology, therefore we keep up to date with everything and read tech blogs and browse forums in our free time. Others work here for a paycheck.
    I met most of the second group on Saturday when I went in to look at the Droids. The guys at that store really had no clue at all. They were giving out bad info left and right to everyone that asked a question. I almost lost it when one guy told a customer, who was interested in the Storm2 and the Droid, that there were no free apps available for BlackBerry and that they would have to buy them all from Verizon. I know the guy was rally trying to push the Droid, but come on. As soon as he stepped away I told the customer the truth, but still suggested the Droid to be a better device.

I know there are plenty of CSRs that really know what they are talking about, but some of them.....
    11-11-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD