I'm trying. I'm pretty technical but other than more memory and a Wi-Fi Hot Spot, I'm not seeing it. Care to elaborate? I'm willing to buy a Droid 2 if it is worth the $200.
    Not trying to influence one way or the other ... the Droid 2 does have the better hardware (CPU and memory, and maybe even GPU -- not sure about GPU), which I think you've researched. Benchmarks do show it to be a good bit faster than the original Droid. How much you value that is really up to you.

Also, I've seen reviews that say the Droid 2 slide-out keyboard is much improved over the original Droid. I have no personal experience with either. And again, it's all in how much you value that upgrade/feature.

I've also seen that the original Droid can be rooted to get the WiFi hotspot, so that may not be much of an upgrade (don't know the specifics).
    08-12-10 08:41 AM
    Got mine a few hours ago. I had the droid 1, and this is definitely a better device, as it should be based on the specs. The keyboard is improved, but not greatly so unfortunately. All over aspects of the phone seem great. Its much MUCH faster than my Ally, probably a combination of the processor and 2.2. I'm still playing with it so hopefully I'll get more used to the keyboard.
    08-12-10 09:40 AM
    I noticed not a lot of Droid owners are making the "upgrade" to the Droid 2. I did some comparisons of both phones on Verizon and other than better battery life (according to VZW), this phone offers almost nothing over the original Droid. Granted, a faster phone but is it really worth it? I'm eligible for an upgrade but my main question is simple - Is this phone really that much faster and capable of running smoother with 2.2 + Flash than the Droid?
    I'm not going for the D2, why mess with something that is not broken?
    08-12-10 09:47 AM
    Whoever said that the Droid 2 is better then the X is nuts!

Yes, I have already seen the droid 2 and it is a bit faster then the droid 1 but to the untrained eye, they wouldn't notice the difference. The keyboard is a bit better but not by much.

Sticking with the X till January.
    08-12-10 10:27 AM
    I'm not going for the D2, why mess with something that is not broken?
    I definitely feel you on that one.
    08-12-10 10:29 AM
    if not for the fact that moto is doing douchy stuff like putting in boot-loaders and making it very difficult to customize their android phones i would be interested in the d2. i'd love to run a sense ui rom on the hw and specs of the newer moto phones. no problem sticking with the htc phones for now.
    08-12-10 10:29 AM
    yup, better than the X, and better than the droid one drools
    What? The only reason why the D2 would be better than the X right now is because it comes with 2.2. That's it.

@johnly

Don't like the multi-quote feature?
    Bumping up the post counts perhaps?...
    08-12-10 02:18 PM
    Played with the Droid 2 for about an hour at lunch and I am even more convinced that many of you who go from a Droid 1 to the Droid 2 are going to return them and save an upgrade once the novelty wears off. The browser is still slow, even with Froyo( shouldn't say slow, it's inconsistant with speed). The new keyboard as I said before is just a bit better. I played with it more this afternoon with tons of typing and I made the same old mistakes. The e-mail fonts are still tiny as the first one. Overall OS speed is faster.

My X is here to stay.
    08-12-10 03:26 PM
    Played with the Droid 2 for about an hour at lunch and I am even more convinced that many of you who go from a Droid 1 to the Droid 2 are going to return them and save an upgrade once the novelty wears off. The browser is still slow, even with Froyo( shouldn't say slow, it's inconsistant with speed). The new keyboard as I said before is just a bit better. I played with it more this afternoon with tons of typing and I made the same old mistakes. The e-mail fonts are still tiny as the first one. Overall OS speed is faster.

My X is here to stay.
    I always knew the Droid 2 is faster just as anyone would expect as specifications always tend to improve with a newer device. However, for a phone that's so similar to my device I think I'll wait for LTE to use my upgrade. I don't mind the Droid's keyboard so it wasn't a huge deal to rush out for a improved one (and you say it's not a big difference so why switch anyways).
    08-12-10 04:55 PM
    Amen to this. I keep waiting for a Samsung Galaxy release date but it has not surfaced. I might go look at the X. Trying to hold out. The D2 really does not interest. I love the original Droid but I hate the sliding keyboard. Never use it except to get into recovery off a boot loop
    Yeah I think the only times Ive used it was the day I got it to do the initial set up, and when I rooted.

Every once in a while maybe for an emulator now that think about it. But thats rare too.
    08-12-10 05:22 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD