Watched a couple of live blogs.... as much as the features look interesting... will depend on the functionality of it...time will tell.....
    SirJes likes this.
    03-14-13 07:52 PM
    I'm hearing alot about the note and people buying the note. I figure The in phones right now are Z10 due to a new os and curiosity. The note is also newer then the galaxy3 and seems nice.

Galaxy3 is most popular and I feel Apple is in big trouble. This quarter will be bad. Next one will be a disaster.
    03-14-13 07:52 PM
    True Connections – Brings People Together

Samsung GALAXY S 4 enables true connections with the people in our lives. It is more than a personal device that can be enjoyed by one user - it makes the most of our relationships allowing us to easily share and experience many of life’s pleasures together with family and friends, wherever you are.
    I kind of had to roll my eyes at this one. When I'm with friends, the last thing I'm doing is whipping out my phone.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-14-13 07:54 PM
    So whats the difference between the S4 and the Note now?
    Quite a bit my friend.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-14-13 07:56 PM
    Well, in terms of specs, the Galaxy S4 is king above all phones for sure. The processor is up at 1.9Ghz, the screen is 1080p and 441ppi, capacity up to 64GB (+64GB more in expandable memory), battery is huge at 2600mAH. See the spec comparison with the S3 here: Comparing the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S3 | Smartphones - CNET Reviews.

However, a 5 inch screen just seems TOO MUCH for me. I have a 3.2 inch screen on my Torch, and I will probably go Z10, which is 4.2 inch screen. 5 inch might be too much of a stretch for me. Besides, the Z10 looks way better in my opinion and the OS is a lot cleaner and more professional. This is basically a toy that Samsung says you can also use as a tool. The Z10 is a tool that can also be used as a toy. Prefer the latter IMHO!
    All this to do what?? Reply text ,make calls,read email ,open facebook,instagram,play budget games, and internet streaming which are all main services dependant on celluar reception and internet speed.Where do these specs prove the difference?? You aint producing music or movie editing,or photoshoping what are these specs bringing when 90% of the phone is dependant on internet provided by celluar company.

All these specs its browser will still load and render slower than BB browser where's the cores then?? Where is the proof that these specs all improve the use of the phone??
    03-14-13 07:56 PM
    specs are impressive, I wish the z10 had at least a quad core processor by now every other manufacturer does it, dont see the need for 8 core as my work laptop doesnt even have that most apps are memory RAM hungry not CPU hungry. At least a 2100mah battery in the Z10 would have been nice (waiting for external batteries) they could do with larger model internal storage too. But otherwise yes all the features on the S4 are gimmicks but admit i liked the dual camera but Samsung phones have always looked plastic like, id take a HTC One or Z10 over it.
    03-14-13 07:58 PM
    Yes some stuff is gimmicky and yes maybe some won't have real world usage or whatever, but what's a gimmick to some is an amazing feature to others. Plenty will gobble it right up.
    03-14-13 08:02 PM
    All this to do what?? Reply text ,make calls,read email ,open facebook,instagram,play budget games, and internet streaming which are all main services dependant on celluar reception and internet speed.Where do these specs prove the difference?? You aint producing music or movie editing,or photoshoping what are these specs bringing when 90% of the phone is dependant on internet provided by celluar company.

All these specs its browser will still load and render slower than BB browser where's the cores then?? Where is the proof that these specs all improve the use of the phone??
    LOL. I agree with you man. I'm just saying it does have the best specs and that is a fact. It's mostly bragging rights. You know there are people out there who will ONLY buy the phone with the highest specs because it makes them feel better or more important, I dunno. Android is always going to be the specs leader though but that's ok.

I actually think in the future hardware specs will be meaningless since the CLOUD will reign above all. Eventually, you could be playing high end computer games on a simple screen with an input because of the Cloud. This spec race is stupid and pointless in a way. But it's a human thing to do, always trying to improve something albeit incrementally.
    03-14-13 08:03 PM
    So whats the difference between the S4 and the Note now?
    I was thinking the same thing. They look equally large!
    03-14-13 08:06 PM
    specs are impressive, I wish the z10 had at least a quad core processor by now every other manufacturer does it, dont see the need for 8 core as my work laptop doesnt even have that most apps are memory RAM hungry not CPU hungry. At least a 2100mah battery in the Z10 would have been nice (waiting for external batteries) they could do with larger model internal storage too. But otherwise yes all the features on the S4 are gimmicks but admit i liked the dual camera but Samsung phones have always looked plastic like, id take a HTC One or Z10 over it.
    Quite right, quite right.

I have a feeling the Aristo will be that beast of a device matching and possibly surpassing the specs of the s4.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    03-14-13 08:08 PM
    To be honest with you all, Samsung impressed me. They made me actually want to hold a Galaxy S4 (even if it was just going to be for a short while, because the specs and the features are pretty sweet). I liked the whole launch, gave it a different vibe to it and it was a joy to watch. I mean, I know it should be all about the phone, but they basically gave a cool phone and a cool show, so I had to commend them for that.

I didn't like the Samsung Hub though... I mean, even if they had the idea, couldn't they have named it something else? They deliberately named it the Hub to intentionally now cause some confusion for when Z10 owners now talk about the Hub.

It was a nice strategic attack at BlackBerry, but I just wasn't actually expecting Samsung to be the company to pull that stunt, albeit in an open manner like that. That dampened my want to touch the phone. I began to lose interest their after.

Seems I was right after all. I'm ending up to be a BlackBerry guy, through and through.
    Again, the Samsung hub thing is nothing new. I mentioned earlier in this thread that it's been around since at least the SGS3 launch, and I was quickly corrected that it's actually been around since the first iteration of the Galaxy S series, which launched in 2010.
    03-14-13 08:09 PM
    A android device need those specs, why?

Because 20 of the top25 apps are games....
    03-14-13 08:10 PM
    S4 is proof that Android is inefficient, and that's why its needs monster specs to hid the lag, whereas QNX is WAY efficient needing less but producing more.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    03-14-13 08:13 PM
    Quite right, quite right.

I have a feeling the Aristo will be that beast of a device matching and possibly surpassing the specs of the s4.
    I thought the common knowledge was the Z10 will be the flagship device with the higher specs for 2013 at least. I wouldn't expect a beast of a device this year, maybe in 2014.
    03-14-13 08:14 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. They look equally large!
    the note II is quite a bit bigger than the S4 still, they certainly are not in the same category. The S4 is nearly identical to the size of the S3
    el_excelsior, 21stNow and bp3dots like this.
    03-14-13 08:15 PM
    Samsung is approaching complexity of Japanese toilet.

Last edited by Brickleberry; 03-16-13 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added Youtube link
    Masahiro, zyad, DanceSport and 1 others like this.
    03-14-13 08:19 PM
    SG4 is awesome! I just side loaded BB10 on it!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:26 PM
    I personally like the translate features. That could be very useful for plenty. The glove thing was nice too. The no touch gestures seem like a gimmick, I mean its faster to just use your fingers, no?
    Why would using gloves be so "special" if you don't need to touch the phone with "air gestures"?
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-14-13 08:30 PM
    S4 is proof that Android is inefficient, and that's why its needs monster specs to hid the lag, whereas QNX is WAY efficient needing less but producing more.
    Exactly. Next step is 16 core. WTF.
    Poor OS needs a lot of power to run smoothly.
    03-14-13 08:32 PM
    Definitely has a lot of gimicky features. But I was always found of the SGS3 and the 4 seems just as cool.

I do feel that it may have too much going on and a lot of feature that would never be touched, BUT just like many apps out there, they aren't necessary but options are always better.

And the waving gestures...I think it's more effort to hover at the right depth than to touch and hold. Sometimes the "next level" isn't always the most efficient.

Im not mad at Samsung though. Definitely trying to stretch mobile device capabilities as far as possible.

Your turn Apple.
    03-14-13 08:35 PM
    "Samsung Hub" pisses me off lol.
    The called it the hub. And here come the lawsuits. Good riddance.
    03-14-13 08:39 PM
    LOL, where are these QNX devices with less you speak of? The z10 with 2gb of ram?

Lets see how bb10 runs on the playbook which has less first....
    JR0898 likes this.
    03-14-13 08:39 PM
    Why would using gloves be so "special" if you don't need to touch the phone with "air gestures"?
    For typing, maybe? Wasn't it always a bone of contention in the BB physical keyboard vs everyone else's touch screen debate that you couldn't use the touch screen if you were wearing gloves?
    03-14-13 08:45 PM
    For those that are commenting on the launch presentation, may I remind you of the BlackBerry launch.
    For those that are commenting on the features, how many times have people called things gimmicks that actually turned out to be great features?

Air gestures: Don't want to smudge your screen? Air gesture.
    Drama shot: Nokia's cinemagraph, HTC's that I can't remember
    Group Play: Instant LAN gaming
    S Health: LOTS of people do this. Not a gimmick.
    S Translator: I don't see how this is a gimmick at all. Entirely useful.
    S Voice Drive: Control the phone while you drive? Have it read your text messages and have it reply? Skip music tracks? Not a gimmich.
    Samsung Adapt Display: Have it adjust to a better brightness while reading eBooks or articles? Yes please.
    Samsung Adapt Sound: Also very useful. Music, Videos
    Samsung Optical Reader: Have it scan a business card and input the contact information? Hello, Blackberry? You're trying to get back into the corporate world, right?
    Samsung Smart Pause: Someone starts talking to you and the video pauses without you having to fumble anything? It just tracks your eyes. Awesome.
    Samsung Smart Scroll: Reading something and your other hand is engaged and so you can just tip the phone to have it scroll? Yes please.
    Samsung WatchON: A universal remote wherever you are? Cool? Yes.
    Share Music: Not sure where I would use this, it would need other S4s but I guess if you and your sig. other were listening to the same station in different rooms.
    Sound & Shot: Picture and sound memories? Powerful. Absolutely Powerful.
    Story Album: Same feature on Z10, I suppose and people like that so I guess it's just a gimmick because its Samsung's device
    03-14-13 08:46 PM
    The called it the hub. And here come the lawsuits. Good riddance.
    So does that mean since Microsoft had their social hub that BlackBerry will be giving it royalties?
    03-14-13 08:49 PM
545 ... 23456 ...