I really want to carry my iPhone without a case, but I'm always nervous. I have a Belkin case with a clear back right now, but it's pretty ugly. I don't know if I can carry the phone caseless, but maybe I'll toss a bumper on it and see how that looks.
    I know.

There are two phones that I love to handle, the 4S and the 9900. They just *feel* good. Perfect weight and size.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    03-21-13 11:08 AM
    I know.

There are two phones that I love to handle, the 4S and the 9900. They just *feel* good. Perfect weight and size.

The iphone 4/4s is still the phone I compare all others to aesthetically. Apple really nailed it with that design.

SENT FROM TAPATALK 2 - Anything I say in no way represents the view of my employer, and please do not PM me regarding account information or questions. Thanks.
    03-21-13 11:21 AM
    The iphone 4/4s is still the phone I compare all others to aesthetically. Apple really nailed it with that design.

SENT FROM TAPATALK 2 - Anything I say in no way represents the view of my employer, and please do not PM me regarding account information or questions. Thanks.
    I know. Were they the first to do that band around the sides?

03-21-13 11:29 AM
    I know. Were they the first to do that band around the sides?

Nope, Bold 9000 had one, although it was just painted plastic.

Attachment 142762
    03-21-13 12:07 PM
    Everyone is talking about the plastic looking cheap. The nexus4 looks amazing but if you look at it wrong the screen front or back cracks.

Look ugly or not plastic phones last through a lot more abuses than aluminum or glass ones. Look at the old 83xx series those things were industrial!

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-21-13 06:29 PM
    Nope, Bold 9000 had one, although it was just painted plastic.

Attachment 142762
    The 8120 had a chrome colored band around it as well, IIRC.
    03-21-13 07:37 PM
    Do you not use cases on your handheld devices?

This is why I don't think a lot of the cosmetic details on devices are as important as some people claim, including the Samsungs.
    I can't stand putting a case on my phones! I like big screens, so I already have a large device, extra bulk is no good for me. The only exception I make is that I will put on a case if I needed to do something rough and tumble, and have the phone with me. (Pretty rare, but maybe a camping trip or such. I try not to keep my phone too close when vacationing) Because of this I do prefer a device that looks decent at least.

At least for my taste, hardware wise, the Motorola RAZR HD/MAXX HD probably fit the bill the best. The carbon fiber construction is light and durable, and it's the size I dig, with beast mode battery life.

That said, I'll agree that cosmetics may not mean as much as we think. It's rarely a reason I've seen someone not want a phone that had other good features.
    03-21-13 07:51 PM
    Everyone is talking about the plastic looking cheap. The nexus4 looks amazing but if you look at it wrong the screen front or back cracks.

And iPhones are infamous for the glass parts breaking. Some people have created quite a lucrative business repairing all of them.

The heck with all these puny and fragile glass-faced displays. My next smartphone must have a Minority-Report-style 3D projected UI.
    03-21-13 08:25 PM
    And I've dropped my iPhone at least 5 times onto concrete both in and out of cases and nothings wrong with it.

At least if I break the back plate (the major issue with the nexus 4) it's a $10 repair only requiring a $2 screwdriver. Heck, I've had the back off my iPhone more times than I can count to put custom backplates on it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    03-21-13 10:33 PM
    I took a pass on all carrier and OEM branded androids from now on and I'll never look back

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-24-13 01:50 AM
    The 8120 had a chrome colored band around it as well, IIRC.
    Oh I'm not talking about phones with huge chromish sides, etc. I'm talking about the slim bands around the sides and bottom, like on the iPhone 4, 4S, and 99xx. I think even the Samsung SGIV is going to have that slim band that goes all around just the sides of the phone and doesn't go up the top.

I really like that look. If I recall, there is a band around the Z10 that is the same colour as the device itself.
    03-24-13 06:09 AM
    And I've dropped my iPhone at least 5 times onto concrete both in and out of cases and nothings wrong with it.

At least if I break the back plate (the major issue with the nexus 4) it's a $10 repair only requiring a $2 screwdriver. Heck, I've had the back off my iPhone more times than I can count to put custom backplates on it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    The general public can't do that and void the warranty.
    03-24-13 06:15 AM
    The general public can't do that and void the warranty.
    Oh yes they can, and there's no way for Apple to tell. It's two tiny screws and slide up. There is no way to tell the back has been off the phone. No seal. No sticker. Nothing. It costs 99 cents - $2 for the screwdriver from cnn.cn. It literally takes longer to apply a screen protector than it takes to swap the backplate on an iPhone 4/4S and it's less complicated. **** I swapped one out for a friend of mine who later had to take the phone in for a malfunctioning speaker. I put the original backplate back on it for her (she had a Hello Kitty custom one on it) and the Apple Store handed her a new one without blinking. Voided warranty? Not so much.

New phone launch means it's gonna be a loooooong weekend on the forums. *duck and cover using Tapatalk2*
    03-24-13 09:30 AM
    I kind of had to roll my eyes at this one. When I'm with friends, the last thing I'm doing is whipping out my phone.
    Are u serious. **** all of us use our phones while out compare em ect. Lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    03-25-13 10:12 AM
    I know I'm late to the party but ....LOOOOOOOL! wtf?!?
    My thoughts exactly bro lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    03-25-13 10:19 AM
    I had the same thought. I think the features are really really neat, but unless you travel abroad or find yourself in social situations a lot, if you have the SGS3 then it's not worth the upgrade.
    I agree. Mine is working great.

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    03-26-13 09:15 AM
    Anyone hear about the SGIV selling ten million devices in half the time as the SGIII?????

jules966 likes this.
    05-25-13 06:34 AM
    Anyone hear about the SGIV selling ten million devices in half the time as the SGIII?????
    Yep, 10 million in 26 days. I guess the numbers speak for themselves. Anyone know how long it took BB to sell 10 million Z10s?
    Last edited by spotmark; 05-25-13 at 01:29 PM.
    jules966 and Greenghost like this.
    05-25-13 09:08 AM
    Yep, 10 million in 26 days. I guess the numbers speak for themselves. Anyone know how long it took BB to sell 10 million Z10s?
    Q10 maybe in a couple of years. Z10 never will sell that many.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:29 PM
    Q10 maybe in a couple of years. Z10 never will sell that many.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2
    07-07-13 01:36 PM
545 ... 202122