Go to the bottom of the page and see Jimmy Fallon video
    the video calling is nice I have to admit.
    I know it has limitations like for now i4 to i4 but eventually
    it will open up to where u can do apple to android. Also we have yet to see the gyroscope in action. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about the Motorola Droid, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos
    06-25-10 09:04 AM
    I've been looking at the EVO for a while, but reluctant to drop Verizon for sprint, especially if an HTC scorpion arrives in big red within the year.

Out of curiosity, what can the iphone4 do in video chat that another device like evo can NOT do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 09:25 AM
    I've been looking at the EVO for a while, but reluctant to drop Verizon for sprint, especially if an HTC scorpion arrives in big red within the year.

Out of curiosity, what can the iphone4 do in video chat that another device like evo can NOT do?

Well it say in that video that eventually it will open up to where it can talk to other platforms. U may be to young to remember this but that **** Tracy
    watch. Well looks as though we are finally getting them via smartphone.
    Eventually VZ will have a front facing camera in the rumored Droid Pro
    which is scheduled to release later this year....
    06-25-10 09:29 AM
    too bad the video calling is only on wifi.

sprint's is on wifi and network.
    06-25-10 09:38 AM
    too bad the video calling is only on wifi.

sprint's is on wifi and network.
    See now thats cool. In time it will be a network thing.
    I suspect the Wi-Fi only has something to do with AT&T's
    decision as to not overload the network. When it is all said and done
    this will be a nice technology. It will be interesting to see how this
    will play out with VZ once their LTE is close to being fully implemented.
    06-25-10 09:59 AM
    I wonder if Facetime will be allowed over 3G on networks overseas? Then we would know wether or not it is an at&t thing.
    06-25-10 10:35 AM
    I wonder if Facetime will be allowed over 3G on networks overseas? Then we would know wether or not it is an at&t thing.
    We will find out.......
    06-25-10 10:48 AM
    Its nice, but Nokia has had video calling to other Nokia phones for awhile. I'm more impressed by crossplatform video calling like what the Evo and future devices will have. Its nice for iPhone(4) users, but still too limited to be very useful.
    06-25-10 11:29 AM
    Its nice, but Nokia has had video calling to other Nokia phones for awhile. I'm more impressed by crossplatform video calling like what the Evo and future devices will have. Its nice for iPhone(4) users, but still too limited to be very useful.
    I have never seen it in action that is why I was so blown away by it.
    But I agree crossplatform is more impressive.
    When ever you can combine platforms without degredation of
    performance security is most definitely outshines everything else.
    06-25-10 11:39 AM
    this is old news..Some Nokias have had front facing cameras for over 5 yrs. and able to video chat with certain apps..so this is nothing new...
    06-25-10 10:09 PM
    this is old news..Some Nokias have had front facing cameras for over 5 yrs. and able to video chat with certain apps..so this is nothing new...
    True, but you know Apple makes it seem lime they're the ones who.brought it to Americans, even though the Evo had it before. Apple makes it super easy and knows how to market this ****. I'm glad Apple came out with a front-facing camera because now it means other manufacturers will want it and maybe, just maybe, we'll see video calling become the norm.

06-26-10 12:56 AM
    ... I'm glad Apple came out with a front-facing camera because now it means other manufacturers will want it and maybe, just maybe, we'll see video calling become the norm.
    I hope we don't see video calls become the norm. Can you imagine how freaking annoying that would be? "He's talking and laughing at his phone again".

I would stand behind people and flip off their families.
    06-26-10 06:46 AM
    how is it nice when its only on WIFI . EVO Video Chat is nice..
    06-26-10 09:19 AM
    how is it nice when its only on WIFI . EVO Video Chat is nice..
    I know what everyone is saying, and yes only being able to do it over wi-fi.
    Also believe me being an Android Guy. I will give EVO props over the iphone. But just seeing it in action the quality I was impressed.
    I'm one of youse.................
    Ok ok Iphone $ucks Android rocks, EVO Droid X rules I'm out.
    Is that better?
    06-26-10 10:35 AM
    hopefully when the droid pro drop the video calling will be a better experience
    06-26-10 05:15 PM
    I used my Fring for a video call on my EvO ystrdy & it was pretty smooth. Only thing I didn't like was it was as if you're looking into a mirror because I guess the screen orientation stays the same. Maybe HTC can revise that through a software update. Hopefully its not a hardware limitation. A feature I wish we had though is the ability to switch camera's during a video call. I like that option with "Facetime" but unfortunately didn't see that option through Fring. Overall I have to agree with OP. "Facetime" is really smooth.
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 06-27-10 at 12:11 AM.
    06-27-10 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD